[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Tire flex...very cool.

Yep.

3626182184_afc004be7d_o.jpg

Some nasty aliasing on the door though. Damn...

It's a screen capture from the original replay video (so it's real time, but WMV compressed). This is what I was saying earlier about shader aliasing being apparent. Also the gamma is screwed up in that video, lots of 'black crush'. :(
All things considered though, I still think it's very good. :mrgreen:

Interesting, hard to tell with the blurry video, but it did appear that there might have been some AA in the realtime footage.

And the cars do look like they could possibly have 10x the polys as FM2.

Although it's really hard to say with the blurry video.

Obviously no TSAA however. Then again TSAA is a bit much to expect from current gen consoles, so can't hold that against them.

Regards,
SB

Interesting, hard to tell with the blurry video, but it did appear that there might have been some AA in the realtime footage.

And the cars do look like they could possibly have 10x the polys as FM2.

Although it's really hard to say with the blurry video.

Obviously no TSAA however. Then again TSAA is a bit much to expect from current gen consoles, so can't hold that against them.

Regards,
SB

Its the only thing stopping me from confirming my gfxwhoring for its Graphics.... the lack of an ingame, race mode, direct feed shot/footage.

A) F2 wouldn't let you view the starts in replay mode because it couldn't cope with 8 mid/high LOD cars on screen at once.

B) F3 is claiming 10x the polys, and showing some very stage-managed out of game shots as PR.

I'm interested to see where F3 actual in-game graphics/models/performance sit on the scale from A to B.

Tun 10 claims that all of the images that have been released are just the in-game photo mode. Not doctored or "target renders" or CGI sequences or anything. Logically the racing mode will be lower quality than photo mode, but it's hard to tell from the shakycam clips.

Its the only thing stopping me from confirming my gfxwhoring for its Graphics.... the lack of an ingame, race mode, direct feed shot/footage.

That Lemans demo run through was race mode. Unfortunately it was with a cam, so hard to discern real detail from it.

Regards,
SB

That Lemans demo run through was race mode. Unfortunately it was with a cam, so hard to discern real detail from it.

Regards,
SB
Yeah that have everything to meet the criteria apart from being Direct Feed. The long it takes for an official screenshot, the more a worry about what it will look like once its released.

Thats the only thing I hate about these new replay shots, some hope that we'll assume the actual race/gameplay graphics will be just as good. Its the new form of "bullshot".

A) F2 wouldn't let you view the starts in replay mode because it couldn't cope with 8 mid/high LOD cars on screen at once.

B) F3 is claiming 10x the polys, and showing some very stage-managed out of game shots as PR.

I'm interested to see where F3 actual in-game graphics/models/performance sit on the scale from A to B.

As I said earlier, the 'very stage-managed out of game shots as PR' were confirmed by Che to be made with the new and improved Photo Mode option in Forza 3.

Tun 10 claims that all of the images that have been released are just the in-game photo mode.

Photo mode is out of game. It's very easy to ramp everything up when you don't have to worry about anything actually game related, or even maintaining a particular framerate. In fact, it's a strange decision not to ramp everything up in photo mode (e.g. Pacific Rift).

As I said earlier, the 'very stage-managed out of game shots as PR' were confirmed by Che to be made with the new and improved Photo Mode option in Forza 3.

Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back