[360] Forza Motorsport 3

I'd agree for the most part. The only game I can remember that did do this was microsoft's 'CART Precision Racing' from wayyyyy back in the day. I've done the same thing in my own demos in the past too :mrgreen:

It just seems like such a clever solution to an ongoing problem with racing titles.

Hopefully we'll see something like this soon, or in some free patch. It makes me sad because I remember I had a mod for GTR that did this way back...and it tempts me to upgrade my PC and get back into sim racing on that :(

I'd like to know more about photo mode... Is it like Motorstorm:pR's or adds AA , DOF etc. ?..

Very likely to be much more advanced. Have you ever seen GT4's photo mode? If not, google that. ;)

Notice 'running out', not 'have run out'. ;) Let's not pay too much attention to such PR drivel on this forum. That path only leads to deleted posts and frustrated mods.

I think there's a good reason why only CART Precision Racing had automatic head movement - in a videogame visual clues are the main feedback for exactly what your car is doing, and automatically moving the camera eliminates a lot of that. TrackIR/Natal control might be nice for some people though. I'm happy using the right analogue to be honest (if only it was really analogue and not 8-way in F2).

I hadn't even thought of the car numbers, just assumed it was 16 for some reason. If it's still 8 I'll be disappointed - surely that would have been #1 on the improvement list from F2?

I'm not opposed to a maximum of 8 cars, the trade off is a beautiful environment with a fair amount of detail. If the competition didnt have a NASCAR license, I'd fully support an 8 car limit from them as well.

Is it true there will only be eight cars max?

Yes, 8 cars in Single Player and Multiplayer. Can't find the link but I guess someone else here will find it for you. ;)

To be honest 8 isn't bad but not good either because track feels empty. But I am always winning so that isn't problemo.

I'm not opposed to a maximum of 8 cars, the trade off is a beautiful environment with a fair amount of detail. If the competition didnt have a NASCAR license, I'd fully support an 8 car limit from them as well.

Well I agree to some extent, but I must say after having driven a game with 6 cars for a looooong time on LAN parties, I'm happy that we can do a 16 player online match now. It's definitely very exciting, especially with for instance a bunch of cup-cars ... I love that kind of racing. But there are a host of issues right now that I think prevent Forza from implementing much more than 8 racers, even if they had the rendering power to spare. The netcode for Forza 2 for instance is a full 8-to-8 peer-to-peer affair, which I hate. Would be great if they could improve on this somewhere, but I haven't heard anything about that for Forza 3 so far.

I'd much rather have 16 cars and lower fidelity graphics than 8 cars with high poly count.

Going round Nurburgring can get kind of lonely with just 8 cars.

Cheers

I'd much rather have 16 cars and lower fidelity graphics than 8 cars with high poly count.

Going round Nurburgring can get kind of lonely with just 8 cars.

Cheers

I did the Tsukuba endurance race in F2 the other day, 8 cars seemed about right for field competition and lapping frequency etc, but that's a 1.3 mile track.

Nurburgring isn't a great example because the same experience would require something like 80 cars. For a standard length track, somewhere between 16-24 seems about right (excluding ovals).

Those pics are awesome. Still can't believe the jump from Forza 2 to Forza 3. I like the detail on the little houses/huts in one of the pics. Lots of work put into enviornments.

Car games are weird, we drool over the cars and pics of them but when you're racing, most of the time it's the enviornments you're seeing!

Those pics are awesome. Still can't believe the jump from Forza 2 to Forza 3. I like the detail on the little houses/huts in one of the pics. Lots of work put into enviornments.

Car games are weird, we drool over the cars and pics of them but when you're racing, most of the time it's the enviornments you're seeing!

IMO environments are the last thing people look when racing. 90% of the polygon budget could go to rear-end of cars and 5% to environments and leftovers to make asphalt! :D

I'm hoping they will have the legendary Mazda 787B Lemans racer as well as the Furai prototype. BTW for those who have access to SpeedTV, live Lemans coverage will start tomorrow.

That's a weird show. They are definitely interested more in peripherals than anything else. ;) The impressions come later than 6:30 by the way, more like 7:30.

Also they just discussed Forza 2 versus GT5 Prologue in the previous two episodes I see. They're not very good on the facts - unless something changed Forza 2 supports 8 cars both off and online, not 12? Not that I disagree with their end-score - Forza 2 is a full game, GT5 Prologue definitely isn't and no the latter is not a free game either, so Forza 2 deserves a higher score. But that comparison was extremely lacking in depth for a site that is supposedly all about sims. Seems more to be all about selling peripherals ;)

Back