[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Wow!!! FM3 looks gorgeous, I didn't think they could've improved the graphics from FM2 that significantly considering this is also running at 60fps. As for comparisons with GT5...who cares? This is coming out THIS year and if it still retains everything from FM2 with new features this will be a must buy.

Well all Dx10.1 and DX11 cards. :)

Which if rumor is to be believed could possibly still only be ATI cards for most of the rest of this year.

Regards,
SB

GRID is an arcade racer and can thus get away with 30fps.

I didn't know GRID was in arcades. And since Virtua Racing came out every racer I have seen in arcades ran with 60fps. Actually pretty much every game (fighters, shooters, sports etc.) runs with 60fps in arcades. If I had to name one technical feature that is characteristic for arcade games, it would be 60 fps.

Forza 1 on the other hand ran with 30 fps tops. I read in an interview that they rather used processing time to calculate more physics states per drawn frame.

Arcade racer as in unrealistic, not as in actually being located at the arcades.

F1 was 30fps, and the devs got hell for it, which is why F2 was 60fps, and why F3 will be 60fps aswell.

Did anyone play it at the show?
I'm hearing conflicting reports of the game running at 30 fps in cockpit view. (60 fps in third person and hood view)
I find that hard to believe.

Anyone know if the cars get lighter as fuel gets used up?

Hard to tell, because after youve got proper heat in the tires, your grip gets worse and worse, while your fuel decreases and thus weight get lower.

Hard to measure if your car actually gets lighter in game, because the decrease in weight seems to be outmatched by the decrease in tire grip.

Its therefore hard to asses if your car actually gets lighter when your fuel decreases (it would be very easy to implement thought, simple math, you wouldn't even have to update it that often to have a satisfactory effect).

I just remembered, if anyone still has FM2, you can turn off tire wear, but i think you can still have fuel consumtion in the options (not 100% sure). If thats the case, just take some laps on a easy course that you can handle and check times.

Back