Microsoft E3 2009 Keynote Thread

BTW, the fact Halo:Reach is fall 2010 mean you absolutely positively wont see next xbox until (fall) 2011 at the earliest.

Of course theres no way MS would pimp a flagship Halo game and a new box in the same season.

Milo was incredibly impressive, both graphically and in interaction. The facial stuff looked better than Heavy Rain.

MGS5 on XBox 360 was obvioulsy the biggest news of the conference on a fanboy scale...broke lots of websites. All in all was a great conference and hard to beat!

I will put money down and say the other two are not going to top this.

BTW, the fact Halo:Reach is fall 2010 mean you absolutely positively wont see next xbox until (fall) 2011 at the earliest.

Of course theres no way MS would pimp a flagship Halo game and a new box in the same season.

yea... this year normally would be a "winding down year" for franchises... release 2005 going into 6th year. but the way the tech and the games etc are being planned looks more like 2012 or 13 now to me

That was one impressive conference. I know many "hard core" gamers hate the whole waggle stuff but man natal looks freaking awesome. There are so many possibilities it is really waggle to the next level. If MS was smart they would make these dirt cheap and include them in new systems when it comes out. They could extend the generation a couple of years with natal if they play it right. I want that quiz game when it comes out. I have spent some fun nights with beer and scene it with the family. I hope Fable 3 uses the new camera with the next gen Milo technology for NPC interaction.

Alan Wake was well worth the wait very impressive.
New MGS game with freaking Raiden holy freaking crap.
Halo OST really won me over with the demo. I was not sure about the game till today day 1 purchase for me.
Forza 3 Cockpit view baby, roll overs and much improved graphics.

Project Natal also suggests that there won't be a new Xbox model soon.

best news for me... CRACKDOWN 2!!! bad news... I have to wait until Feb 2010

what's your Best news of the show?

There are 2 things that made MS presence strong at this conference. The other announcements were ok or not exactly new.

The beetles thing for example was boring and took more attention than necessary.

MGS and the new control scheme made the biggest impact on me. The new control scheme brings a ton of opportunities in entertainment. Actually HUGE!

I can imagine ANYONE right now using a 360.

The perception of the standard controller isnt well received by everyone. A controller is associated with toys/games/vodepgames. Videogames arent exactly well received by everyone either. There are people that dont feel like using a games controller and trying to figure how it will work. Thats what Nintendo also probably realized and made the shape of the controller look like a remote. They probably understood this in their marketing research.

MS went a step farther. No controller at all. No attention to buttons. Simply your natural well understood movement. And not just for games but for everything. Everything includes things that dont have to do with games too. There is something for everyone. No "repulsive" controller anymore for those that cant stand it and dont want to touch anything related to videogames. People that felt that the controller was a limit now may try games that wont feel like the old concept of videogames anymore

It's not "simple" enough.

I don't see how it could get any simpler ...

You walk into a room, it recognizes you.

Everything you do in a game, is mimicked in controls that exist in real life ...

Maybe sell plastic add-ons (tennis racket, wheel, golf club) like Nintendo to help people "feel it"?

It's always better to get it now than in the next generation. That makes it better in the next generation. Think Live on Xbox1 vs Live on 360 - because they did it on the Xbox, they're ahead of the curve in the 360.

MGS isn't exclusive, it's just like FFXIII.

Shall we make threads on the different topics, and only continue discussing the actual conference here? (i.e. about the presentation, the group of games or nxe features, etc.?)

I would love to see a seperate topic for Natal I am so damn interested in it.

There are 2 things that made MS presence strong at this conference. The other announcements were ok or not exactly new.

MGS and the new control scheme made the biggest impact on me. The new control scheme brings a ton of opportunities in entertainment. Actually HUGE!

I can imagine ANYONE right now using a 360.

The perception of the standard controller isnt well received by everyone. A controller is associated with toys/games/vodepgames. Videogames arent exactly well received by everyone either. There are people that dont feel like using a games controller and trying to figure how it will work. Thats what Nintendo also probably realized and made the shape of the controller look like a remote. They probably understood this in their marketing research.

MS went a step farther. No controller at all. No attention to buttons. Simply your natural well understood movement. And not just for games but for everything. Everything includes things that dont have to do with games too. There is something for everyone. No "repulsive" controller anymore for those that cant stand it and dont want to touch anything related to videogames. People that felt that the controller was a limit now may try games that wont feel like the old concept of videogames anymore

Exactly.

They should be packing this thing in with the Arcade version.

Harmonix hates them BTW :LOL:

Alan Wake caught my interest, it's the first time I've really seen it. I hope that they were just demoing the action side of it and the game is going to rely less on shooting and more on immersion, intrigue and storytelling. If it turns into an action game I'll be disappointed.

The Forza 3 guy made himself look a bit silly with his hyperbole - the game looked really good but the speech detracted from it with ridiculous claims (400 cars the most ever? Really?)

Facebook and Twitter seemed like very clunky interfaces to do things which are much better suited to a mobile phone (as I use them), or in a browser like on any of the other platforms...

I had expected a "MGS4: Supersistence" port as an opportunity to build a 360 engine which could then be used in tandem for the next MG on both platforms.

The Natal thing wasn't particularly impressive to me, I kept thinking EyeToy. All of the demos (the anti-dodgeball thing, elephant pose, talking with the little boy) looked like they were just superimposing the camera feed over the screen like EyeToy used to do. Also, there was quite significant lag when the water was showing her reflection between her movements and the movements of the reflection, which doesn't bode well for response times. I'm also really surprised how much they made of drawing on a piece of paper and showing it to the camera, isn't that exactly what EyePet did last year (but creating a 3D model too)?

The conversation stuff looked interesting though, I can't wait to hear feedback on how impressive it is out of the lab when journo's try to break it - I hope it breaks them instead...

whoa... didn't hear about this.... sweet!

sce3c5.jpg

MGS5 on XBox 360 was obvioulsy the biggest news of the conference on a fanboy scale...broke lots of websites. All in all was a great conference and hard to beat!

i am not sure if Rising is technically a successor to MGS4, or a spin-off series within the MGS world. It sounds more like the latter to me, especially with the deliberate omission of the number 5 in the announcement.

It's always better to get it now than in the next generation. That makes it better in the next generation.
Erm, PSEye says hello ;)

Shall we make threads on the different topics, and only continue discussing the actual conference here? (i.e. about the presentation, the group of games or nxe features, etc.?)
That is a Good Idea!

Games on Demand? What does that mean exactly? Current gen retail release downloads? Is that what I think it means?

Back