Microsoft E3 2009 Keynote Thread

Twitter and Facebook on live
New Zune integrated softwares
New Epic IP
Halo Reach annouced
Halo ODST will have beta HALO reach mp
Alan Wake Finally!
Forza 3 (May I say OMG ZOR I shat my pants!)
Crack down 2
LFD2
.... wtf? Metal Gear solid Rising.... wow lol

this keeps getting better and better wtf is up with MS

The motion control thing looks interesting, I wonder if they will give it the cold shoulder like the Live Vision Cam (sulking cause I got one thinking it would be well supported...)

"The only way to bring interactive enterainment to everyone is to make the tech invisible"

Isn't Spielberg among the folks hyped for 3d? Aka wearing clunky glasses?

Steven Spielberg on the hand/body motion controller

Minority report menu is real. :D

game completely controlled by intuitive body action

It will be supported for every xbox sold to date. Probably through a peripheral.

I thought he also said that new boxes would have it included?

showing it working LIVe right now

facial recognition... instant sign in... avatar mimicks your movements

this chit is working ...now... tech demos of "Natal"

It will be supported for every xbox sold to date. Probably through a peripheral.

I hope it does well, but then again, I thought the same thing about the Live! Vision Cam...

If it does well in low light I may pick one up. My 360 is in my basement and I don't have immediate plans on moving it to a more well lit area.

Not particularly excited about Facebook or Twitter on my 360 account. I hate twitter with a passion, and I'd prefer to keep my Facebook separate.

Forza 3 is going to be amazing, cannot wait!

ALAN WAKE!!!! YESSS!!!! I have been waiting forEVER for this game. Glad to finally hear something about it.

MGS Rising: Awesome. Is this title an exclusive?

The motion control thing looks interesting, I wonder if they will give it the cold shoulder like the Live Vision Cam (sulking cause I got one thinking it would be well supported...)

Live Vision Cam is only a me-too product. The 3DV camera is a new experience, you should be able to count on MS to push it hard.

Good thing I came back in time to catch the non-gaming stuff. The web integration's cool although I'd prefer a full browser. Companies will start to optimize their web experience for devices over the next few years anyway.

The 1080p and instant on features work hand in hand (Need great decoder tech). MS knows how to stack things, unlike Sony which usually is all over the place with scattered features. Need to see what technologies they are using, and whether it works well in the wild.

Motion sensing is the key feature. Will have to wait for video. I'm sure they will polish the UI till the last minute. The meat is the application. Otherwise, it's just like another EyeToy and mini-games (but should be more responsive). Bundling is the right way to go. The developers should create brand new games for it (like Eye of Judgment). It may be hard for large movement motion sensing to compete with finger movement sticks in traditional games (a la SIXAXIS vs DS3).

EDIT: Actually the motion sensing stuff may help to boost Wii game adoption too, which is great for the industry as a whole.

Twitter and Facebook on live
New Zune integrated softwares
New Epic IP
Halo Reach annouced
Halo ODST will have beta HALO reach mp
Alan Wake Finally!
Forza 3 (May I say OMG ZOR I shat my pants!)
Crack down 2
LFD2
Metal Gear solid Rising

this keeps getting better and better wtf is up with MS

add the motion control and now Lionhead presenting something now amd wow... this show

I don't know; don't want to derail this, but it's essentially what we've been discussing in the Motion+ thread.

opinions being what they may, based on this long series of presentations of this technology by Ms... they are SERIOUS of making it the future... so I'm sure it will be a viable choice in the future if it's as realized as it appears to be.

not that there won't be the typical resistance to change. everyone laughed at waggle too. ;)

being shown live behind closed doors on floor

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be bundled in all 360 packages, including the cheapest one ? Or the Regular (and above), or the Elite ?

not that there won't be the typical resistance to change. everyone laughed at waggle too. ;)

That's exactly my point: waggle. Waggle is not the future, it failed to make any meaningful imprint beyond something that you did in Wii games in lieu of an actual button press. Nintendo's own efforts in Wii Sports notwithstanding.

Back