[360, PS3] Crysis 2

"On consoles all milliseconds and memory counts, so at end of this project we made the tough decision to disable it (GI) for consoles. We still have a very simple and coarse GI approximation on consoles, where our art department fully controls the look, meaning we pay couple of milliseconds on areas where it is actually making a significant visual contribution." Tiago Sousa of Crytek

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-crysis-2 <- awesome read

Crysis 1 AI is certainly not better (and is admitedly broken by crytek -AI system disconected from animation timings/reactivity).That's suposedly fixed in Warhead .

Also, the capacity to be invisible can make things difficult to get a convincing AI.The game is just way too easy at any difficulty level.

Fired this back up a bit. Reason for comment is, remember how I complained about weird, subtle "snow static" type effect in certain skies and area of the game? That became pretty annoying? Well when I booted it I was prompted for an update (of course pretty normal for games to do that) but this time when I played "Unsafe Haven", everything seemed crystal clear, no snow around the lights.

Just wondering if it was possibly a bug on certain system and the update actually fixed it? Dunno. I should check out the skies though, in certain levels it used to show up there.

Still amazed at the graphics. The blue laser bomb thingies and smoke trails in Haven are sublime. I feel sorry for teams trying to top this this gen, going to take a huge team/budget, and probably for only 5-10% better is possible anyway. The AA solution at least on Unsafe, works quite well too I noticed, not really problematic aliasing, though I'm sure its worse in daylight. I think I noticed the bad framerate in a battle though, which I didnt really the first time around, I'm not sensitive to framerate.

I'm still disappointed the game makes it so difficult to replay random sections. For such a solid, and huge spectacle of a game, I feel like it's just not set up to be easy to replay different sections and such.

There should be more replay imo, I look at Mortal Kombat, and so many games now pack in insane amounts of content. Where MK has Ladder, Tag Ladder, Training, Test Your X, Story Mode, challenge mode, so many games now give you so many ways to have replay value, Crysis 2 should have done more than just throwing in standard multiplayer.

Fired this back up a bit. Reason for comment is, remember how I complained about weird, subtle "snow static" type effect in certain skies and area of the game? That became pretty annoying? Well when I booted it I was prompted for an update (of course pretty normal for games to do that) but this time when I played "Unsafe Haven", everything seemed crystal clear, no snow around the lights.

Just wondering if it was possibly a bug on certain system and the update actually fixed it?

I can't access mycrysis.com at work but it's been confirmed there to be a glitch.

Restarting a mission from the mission select screen can fix the grain issue temporarily.

Crysis 2 360 Patch

A new Crysis 2 360 patch has been released today and we'd like to share with you the changes that are included.

360 Changes:
• Stability improvements.
• Fixed player losing Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game.
• Objectives are returned if they end up in forbidden areas.
• Fixed various weapon exploits.
• Fixed exploit where player is able to continuously pick up and return the relay.
• Fixed a rare issue where autoaim, stealth kill and grab would not work on an AI.
• Fix for invites being accepted during level loading.
• Fix for mute settings not being retained.
• Fixed an issue where Deflection bonus would carry over into the next round.
• Fixed an issue where players would sometimes remain stuck in a blank screen after accepting a game invite.
• Fixed an issue where some unlocked items would be locked on subsequent SP campaigns.
• Fixed an issue with weapon skins on the customise weapon menu.
• Fixed an issue where weapon zoom would sometimes not work correctly.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your feedback on the new patch. To check you've got the latest version, please start the game, click on Multiplayer and in the top left corner should say 1.1.1.8003.

We are aware that this patch does not include a fix for the grain bug that many of you are experiencing but we are working on this issue and will hopefully have it resolved soon.

- MyCrysis Team

How many patches did crysis 2 got now on consoles did microsoft changed their policy on 2 updates of around 4mb. Not informed on the subject. Maybe time to fire it up again i had the same strange snow effect.

Wish i had more time to play some games still 1.5 month of school to go.

How many patches did crysis 2 got now on consoles did microsoft changed their policy on 2 updates of around 4mb. Not informed on the subject. Maybe time to fire it up again i had the same strange snow effect.

Counting the launch day patch, this would be patch number 3 I believe.

Don't know about the specifics around MS' policy on updates, but I believe there are already patches out that are larger than 4mb.

What are you talking about? I have had patches of several hundred megabytes on x360

What are you talking about? I have had patches of several hundred megabytes on x360

Begin this gen microsoft enforced a 2 patch and 4 mb limit to keep download times low and because of the arcade version of the 360 having no hdd.

Ea has their own network on live because Bad company series has some big patches.

The "patches" for BC2 weren't even patches but instead required downloads IIRC. It was the only way for DICE to get around MS' limited file size for patches.

A bit OT, but I thought patches don't generally need to be large, isn't this true?

Finally got a chance to finish this game.

Overall very disappointed in the ending. Some really good to outstanding graphics, although it took me a why because the inconsistent framerate was causing motion sickness for me.

I played almost the entire game by abusing the invisibility ability. Near the end, I started to utilize the rocket launcher and C4 more, but never really felt I needed them. The game even after the patches has some pretty nasty AI bugs.

Overall I'd give it an 7.5 - 8/10.

Finished it last week too on the 360. I liked it. The visuals were very impressive.
But damn the quality of the FMV movies were horrible. Not sure if they are the same on the PS3 version. Some of the worst I have ever seen. The resolution was very low and the screen was filled with microblocks

Back