[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Yes.

:LOL: BF2 have you even played bf2 on consoles. Most ridiculous comment ever .

I have played it briefly and seen many videos. It is a very good looking game and in many ways has superior appearance to Crysis 2. In fact, there are many very good looking games like that on consoles that do not have the hype of a Crytek game to get the credit.

Hype has nothing to do with that halo reach had 1000x times more hype and what happend noone was claiming reach best looking console game. Im taking about actual visual experience and im sorry mate but games you had mentioned before are not on pair with C2 . Simply new rendering techniques, new tools and approches to sqeeze more performance from hardware + some great art and physics makes this game very vivid experince. I could STFU if u had mantion kz3 or something else cause personaly i think that this game looks great and deserve praise its gets, and i can understand that in some cases it can be hard to be objective due to personal preferences in art style while technicaly both games can be pretty much on pair. But bfc2 in many ways has superior apperance to crysis2?
What other good looking games dosent get the credit? mention 1... GT5? Uncharted? killzone? GoW?

Crysis 2 looks like it is just the simple edge blur system because many things that should have bokeh has not.
Such as? Every cutscene with DOF uses bokeh, even just opening the customizing menu uses bokeh DOF as well.

Hype has nothing to do with that halo reach had 1000x times more hype and what happend noone was claiming reach best looking console game. Im taking about actual visual experience and im sorry mate but games you had mentioned before are not on pair with C2 . Simply new rendering techniques, new tools and approches to sqeeze more performance from hardware + some great art and physics makes this game very vivid experince. I could STFU if u had mantion kz3 or something else cause personaly i think that this game looks great and deserve praise its gets, and i can understand that in some cases it can be hard to be objective due to personal preferences in art style while technicaly both games can be pretty much on pair. But bfc2 in many ways has superior apperance to crysis2?
What other good looking games dosent get the credit? mention 1... GT5? Uncharted? killzone? GoW?
Suddenly calling a game "best ever" is bad, but I didn't see anyone of those complaining now doing the same in threads of those games, where hyperbolic comments were rampant. Hypocrites.

What other good looking games dosent get the credit?

The crytek hype is like carmack hype. Even if the game has average looks many people will say it is the best game they have ever seen. It's videogame version of beer goggles. No matter how great are the sales of other games they do not have the same crazy hype despite same or better graphic quality. Good example:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Single-Player Campaign on Xbox360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuZ-0kWfF8&feature=channel_video_title

The crytek hype is nothing in compare to KZ, COD , Uncharted, Halo, GoW, GT and so on. And stop with this hype mantra it dosent work this way i gave you example halo reach, and looking at the sales reports you can say reach had some serious HYPE. Still noone says its best looking game on consoles only becouse hype was sky rocket.

"The crucial thing is that both are phenomenally attractive games, producing effects quite different and in many ways more advanced than anything we've seen elsewhere on console."

from DF article, its not the hype. You getting confused here mate.
Since when its bad to say that soemthing looks good when actually it looks good?
And what you mean with CoD:BO link?

Such as? Every cutscene with DOF uses bokeh, even just opening the customizing menu uses bokeh DOF as well.

Suddenly calling a game "best ever" is bad, but I didn't see anyone of those complaining now doing the same in threads of those games, where hyperbolic comments were rampant. Hypocrites.

I remember you were there moderating and mitigating their enthusiasm...;)

good and bad bokeh

Correct shallow DoF will have only one distance in focus. If it is simple outer blur there will be continuous range of depths in focus with outer areas being blurry. In shots I have seen, Crysis 2 has latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halo and COD never had the reputation of Crytek or Carmack for graphics/tech

The crytek hype is nothing in compare to KZ, COD , Uncharted, Halo, GoW, GT and so on. And stop with this hype mantra it dosent work this way i gave you example halo reach, and looking at the sales reports you can say reach had some serious HYPE. Still noone says its best looking game on consoles only becouse hype was sky rocket.

from DF article, its not the hype. You getting confused here mate.
Since when its bad to say that soemthing looks good when actually it looks good?
And what you mean with CoD:BO link?

It is the reputation of Crytek for having the best graphics ever that even when they release a game that looks about as good as Call of Duty Black Ops, many people get instant "hype goggles" (like beer goggles) and convince themselves of crazy things.

Carmack has been living off this hype for 10 years. You must go read Rage forums on the internet. It is no different. For Carmack fans, it is the best graphics ever seen. It is like a religion.

It is the reputation of Crytek for having the best graphics ever that even when they release a game that looks about as good as Call of Duty Black Ops, many people get instant "hype goggles" (like beer goggles) and convince themselves of crazy things.

Carmack has been living off this hype for 10 years. You must go read Rage forums on the internet. It is no different. For Carmack fans, it is the best graphics ever seen. It is like a religion.

Im sorry i cant take you seriously. I play BO 5 hours a day every day and im fully aware how it looks now we comparing C2 to BO?.....
i give up

Some statement goes pretty wild here.

I do not know the C2 emerges can bring visual praise of MW2/BOPS, which these praise never goes to them for a long time.

"while Crysis 2 runs at native 720p resolution on the Microsoft platform"
I thought the 360 resolution was a little bit lower

The reason here is fairly straightforward: while Crysis 2 runs at native 720p resolution on the Microsoft platform, PS3 operates at a base resolution of 1024x720. The final framebuffer is then sent out to RSX, where a bilinear upscale gives us the usual 1280x720 output - we see exactly the same differences (along with the reasons behind it) on Starbreeze's Chronicles of Riddick.

In short, then, Xbox 360 benefits from a 25 per cent resolution boost over the PlayStation 3 version of the game.

wait what?

Interesting, just like the Killzone fans? :)

I find it interesting that when it's a game that you personally like consensus on best game/graphics/whatever is valid, but if it's a game you personally don't like, then consensus is due entirely to marketing? :D

Use double standards much in life, do we?

I could give a rats arse what other people think. If I'm the only one that thinks X game is the best ever, then as far as I'm concerned X game is the best ever. :p No need to try to prove that to anyone. At the end of the day "best" is a subjective qualifier and only useable in your own opinion.

Once everyone realizes that people are only expressing their opinions and stop trying to prove that their personal opinion is the majority/only/whatever opinion and just accept that others might have differing opinions, the world would be a much better place. :p

I, for example, don't have a problem with people saying they think KZ3 is the best looking game ever. I do take affront when those people try to force me to share their view by posting about KZ3 is every single freaking thread, if I personally do NOT think KZ3 is the best looking game ever. Feel free to replace KZ3 with whatever other game is out there, it's only used here to illustrate a point.

Regards,
SB

ugh, can we just delete this post? shit like this is what makes 10 page arguments.

As long as people could be mature enough to realize it's only his opinion and that they aren't forced to share his opinion, I don't see the problem with it.

Of course, that's not often the case, and people somehow must try to prove that their opinion is more valid than his opinion and then BAM. We get childish banter about whose favorite game is better. :(

Regards,
SB

Back