[360, PS3] Crysis 2

On my 50" TV, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Even smooth and crisp. I think it really depends on your display and if you have it installed to your hdd. I'm not seeing any issues noted but maybe it's because im enjoying the gameplay so much and not "looking" for issues in IQ.

I'm not a PC gamer so am not spoiled by PC IQ so for me, the console gamer, this game is nothing short of stunning. (360 version)

oh and the game is extremely polished and the open nature of the levels adds options and replay value not to mention that the multiplayer is miles ahead of the demo in graphic quality and gameplay and polish.

I simply mean that those pics look better than the retail version i have been playing on PS3, and most of the other pics ive seen. Great pics, show off the game well.

So .jpg are from 360 and .png are from PC with 360 settings?
Yea,3 .png shots are from different source and confirmed to be 360 settings while all the others are confirmed to be direct feeds from 360.

Oh yea,and guys,if you watched trailers and seen that building in Central Station colapsing or that bridge falling down,its not pre rendered :D Nothing is pre rendered except first intro cutscene(CGi).

regardless of what you think you may be seeing here. On my 50" TV, the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Even smooth and crisp. I think it really depends on your display and if you have it installed to your hdd. I'm not seeing any issues noted but maybe it's because im enjoying the gameplay so much and not "looking" for issues in IQ.

I'm not a PC gamer so am not spoiled by PC IQ so for me the console gamer, this game is nothing short of stunning.

Other games have been the same effect on me. Its the same for every game, some it will really click with, and some will find issue. I also think that how much you enjoy the gameplay has an impact on how you percieve other things like graphics. As do your feelings on the art or AI, even previous gaming experience etc. I dont think its just an issue of the TV you are using, there are many more reasons as to why someone might find it stunning, and others just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, KZ3 is now traded for the PS3 version (ONLY to take advantage of Game's awesome trade in deal in which i recieved £35.00!!!), I'll pick KZ3 back up at a later date.

hey, he said "stunning". ;):p

The main area where Crysis 2 really does excel is the graphics. Stand the game's sprawling urban environments head-to-head next to Killzone 3’s junk-yards, jungles and space-ships, and Crytek’s shooter just about edges it in terms of overall visual impact. Stunning character models and facial animations, huge draw distances that span across the horizon and a meticulously modelled interpretation of Manhattan are all quite stunning.

I agree with reviewer, to me, the multiplayer is as good as any out there right now.

This is why saying a game is 'best looking' as fact should be a blatant no-go on here. It just leads to pointless back and forth on what is a subjective opinion.

Game looks good but not amazing. Looks like Battlefield Bad Company in NY with aliens.

Here is battlefield 2 on console

Here is 60fps COD MW2 on console. Look carefully at ground when he lands. You can see similar wet ground texture/shader as Crysis 2 pic above.

While I like BC2 graphics and don't mind MW2, (and appreciate the 60FPS)

neither those games nor some of the videos and screens we are looking at here, compare to the overall graphical package when playing C2 on a 50" HDTV in person.

This is why saying a game is 'best looking' as fact should be a blatant no-go on here. It just leads to pointless back and forth on what is a subjective opinion.

perhaps but when enough people agree that it is the best, at some point the rest are of the minority opinion. ;)

Package

While I like BC2 graphics and don't mind MW2, (and appreciate the 60FPS)

neither those games nor some of the videos and screens we are looking at here, compare to the overall graphical package when playing C2 on a 50" HDTV in person.

Hello my friend. I have not tried that yet (or even on small TV).

I wonder what is visible on the larger screen that cannot be as noticeable in the screenshots and videos.

The hd Crysis 2 videos I have seen don't have anything special that I can see with my eyes (other than jargon and crytek brand). Maybe the capture is not so great and I must wait for DF videos?

If that is so then I must wait till DF video/screens for my final impression.

Game looks good but not amazing. Looks like Battlefield Bad Company in NY with aliens.

Here is battlefield 2 on console

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAHJCf5o48

Here is 60fps COD MW2 on console. Look carefully at ground when he lands. You can see similar wet ground texture/shader as Crysis 2 pic above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6AicUywjzI

I dont really care either way but if the majority thinks it is then most likely it is bro. If I wasn't so lazy right now I would quote Lucid_Dreamers "LOT vote majority has spoken" post and use it as my answer.

Anyway those 2 games you named, BF2 and MW2 I own both on my PC and they dont even look as good as console C2 and the PC versions are quite a lot better visually. Saying "60fps" also has little meaning when it is so unstable, design incredibly linear aswell as gameplay and it is a IIRC 1024x600p game. Anyway textures are greatly inferior in MW2, thats just plain obvious and it doesn't help that it lacks tons of mapping and instead most being baked or just color textures. Actually I would compare MW2 visual/tech factor more with Max Payne 2 PC edition from lastgen.

Hello my friend. I have not tried that yet (or even on small TV).

I wonder what is visible on the larger screen that cannot be as noticeable in the screenshots and videos.

Hello!

presentation is everything, ;) and the lighting is just so captivating that all other shortcomings fade from view. Shortcomings that for a 512MB machine and in comparison to other games is understandable. IMO

perhaps but when enough people agree that it is the best, at some point the rest are of the minority opinion. ;)

What does it matter either way? Stating it as a fact is not going to benefit a thread in any way, the last 10 posts, mine included are proof of that. It is our responsability as posters to avoid this sort of thing if possible imo. Turning conversation to straight vs. comparisons has always been taboo in individual game threads, and rightly so. New thread if we cant resist!

And ill leave it there, dont wish to be a part of the problem id like to avoid :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started playing this game on pc so i wont comment on graphics here, but the nice thing about this game compared to others to me is the openness. Most shooters are shoving you through predertermined paths, etc, and that's just not the case in Crysis games. There just feels like you have so much more freedom to go where you want to go. To me that's what set's this game apart from other shooters, aside from the obvious lighting advantages as well. Great fun so far!

Just started playing this game on pc so i wont comment on graphics here, but the nice thing about this game compared to others to me is the openness. Most shooters are shoving you through predertermined paths, etc, and that's just not the case in Crysis games. There just feels like you have so much more freedom to go where you want to go. To me that's what set's this game apart from other shooters, aside from the obvious lighting advantages as well. Great fun so far!
Yea!They implanted story/info corridor part very well with open part of battle that you go through.Better than all time open or all time closed game design in my opinion.

One thing beside gameplay and graphics that I absolutely went nuts about are physics in later parts of game.Skyscraper falling down(Central Station) or huge bridge collapsing and it looks like freaking pre rendered video than after couple seconds it says press "button" and I start to move camera in disbelief thinking to myself "Thats real time???":LOL:
Also their DOF implantation is great looking and very smooth,without shimmering on edges.

Back