[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Well I just finished the game, it took me
15 hours
on Veteran. All that I can say is that Crytek delivered with the graphics I was impressed, this engine deserves to be used a lot more. ;)

Was the game any good? How did it play etc?

Really good :smile:, very different from a scripted shooter, I mean the game does follows a pace and story, but you really do have options when you arrive an area, the game encourages you to use your binoculars scan the area so you can tag the enemies and search for weapons, the game is not constantly pushing you forward, it lets you take your time to see how are you going to move from one location to another, that’s especially true if you play the game on a difficulty higher than normal. I would have liked to see more enemy types, but yeah really enjoyed the game.

Played the PS3 MP demo, graphics are an utter joke compared to KZ3. I don't care if it's doing realtime GI and whatnot, the results are simply much worse compared to KZ3 MP. Since we know they couldn't even bothered to do backface culling using the Cell, it's obvious that they left out a lot of performance optimizations on the table. This and extremely low res might have been acceptable in 2008, or if Crysis was a big brand like GTA or COD, but my feeling is a lot of PS3 owners are going to skip this.

Really good :smile:, very different from a scripted shooter, I mean the game does follows a pace and story, but you really do have options when you arrive an area, the game encourages you to use your binoculars scan the area so you can tag the enemies and search for weapons, the game is not constantly pushing you forward, it lets you take your time to see how are you going to move from one location to another, that’s especially true if you play the game on a difficulty higher than normal. I would have liked to see more enemy types, but yeah really enjoyed the game.

The problem is that the main characters are pushing player a lot. Every second word was "hurry" "but hurry" "quickly". I hated the COD missions with usmc army.

I am surprised by the lenght of this game. Ive reached 15 hours mark and i am not at the end. I beated KZ3 (SP) in one day.

Wow. *grabs popcorn*

Will say though, there are certainly not "a lot of performance optimizations" being left on the table as far as either console is concerned. This imaginary black magic or secret sauce simply doesn't exist. And with that, I'll eat my popcorn quietly in the corner.

Wow. *grabs popcorn*

Will say though, there are certainly not "a lot of performance optimizations" being left on the table as far as either console is concerned.

The manual for Cryengine explicitly gives suggestions where there is room for improvement on the PS3 ...

The problem is that the main characters are pushing player a lot. Every second word was "hurry" "but hurry" "quickly". I hated the COD missions with usmc army.

Did not get that feeling from Crysis 2 at all, I mean you do get radio shatter telling you the mission but after that you are alone to do what you want, it also helps that the levels are big and usually you have more than one way of moving from one place to another.

Played the PS3 MP demo, graphics are an utter joke compared to KZ3. I don't care if it's doing realtime GI and whatnot, the results are simply much worse compared to KZ3 MP. Since we know they couldn't even bothered to do backface culling using the Cell, it's obvious that they left out a lot of performance optimizations on the table. This and extremely low res might have been acceptable in 2008, or if Crysis was a big brand like GTA or COD, but my feeling is a lot of PS3 owners are going to skip this.
This is SP on 360 ;)
Untitled33.jpg

BTW

They should delayed the game at the end of this year and fix the AI, many,many,many graphical glitches, fine tune the LOD which is very aggrresive ( i think every game could look good like this game with this type of LOD)

Wow. *grabs popcorn*

Will say though, there are certainly not "a lot of performance optimizations" being left on the table as far as either console is concerned. This imaginary black magic or secret sauce simply doesn't exist. And with that, I'll eat my popcorn quietly in the corner.

Yep. One of the best if not best looking console game, most technically advanced and yet very alike results between both platforms pushing them both to the edge. Quite an achievement and inform with previous comments by developers and HW designers saying how equal they both perform. Well a nice game for al lto enjoy! :)

BTW

They should delayed the game at the end of this year and fix the AI, many,many,many graphical glitches, fine tune the LOD which is very aggrresive ( i think every game could look good like this game with this type of LOD)
If you look at their CE3 tech papers they said that they went with aggressive LOD because of PS3 and since all versions are done at the same time others had to "have" it.
And what are other of this many many many graphics glitches?Yes,sure,there is pop in but not nearly as much as in RDR or ACB for example,its perfectly playable.What else?Some frame drops yea...there is no screen tearing however.

If you look at their CE3 tech papers they said that they went with aggressive LOD because of PS3 and since all versions are done at the same time others had to "have" it.
And what are other of this many many many graphics glitches?Yes,sure,there is pop in but not nearly as much as in RDR or ACB for example,its perfectly playable.What else?Some frame drops yea...there is no screen tearing however.

There are many glitches with textures, shadows.

I'm not want to misunderstood how lame but definitely pop in crysis 2 is pretty evident & far more present than the classic sandbox how AC or R games.

I'm not want to misunderstood how lame but definitely pop in crysis 2 is pretty evident & far more than the classic sandbox come out in the past.
It's definitely noticeable but its not even close to ACB.I played it yesterday...Grass is growing in front of your own eyes.And thats considered normal...But yea,they are both completely open so its harder to "control" it.

Honestly,except pop in I never noticed any glitches with textures.With shadows neither...care to specify?

Glitchy moon texture in one of level, decals are appear/disappear in front of me, all shadows disappear and pop in. Please source "because of PS3 is the LOD bad" . Ive not seen so bad LOD in KZ3 or U2, Infamous. Thanks

Back