[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Been debunked by Rangers. Is PC footage.

No, that one is almost certainly real 360 footage.

The other video I was talking about was one posted on Neogaf as 360, but it's not. The two giveaways are that it was dated Feb 14, and that the machine gun made "farting sounds" which is what the PC leak does (audio glitches). So it was PC leak on 360 controller. It also looked really really good, heh. Too good apparently.

The embedded vid above, and the other intro vid "Almighty05" posted are real 360 footage. They contain no audio glitches like the PC leak, they have pop in like we'd expect from console, they have 360 button prompts, they contain footage not seen before (besides from pc leak, but we already know it's not), they're dated March 18, etc.

This is the intro movie on 360 too. But be aware of course now we're pretty spoilery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-w2yr646XU

There is a PC C2 unboxing I already linked on youtube, so the game is already in some europe stores which is not surprising, that and both console pirate editions hit the web today. Bottom line is it isn't surprising footage is popping up.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 users are saying that the full version kicks the PS3 demo in the nuts and face.

Some nice PS3 footage, although the video could be better. It seems to have been recorded offscreen.

The PS3 demo won't work anymore once they close it in a few hours, which is good news. It did more harm than good to the game, for both versions, but I hope EA learnt from that.

I was saying that from the beggining , game is awesome period.
I'll be waiting for the direct footage. The only thing which really worried me, it's the bad IQ caused to the low framebuffer. The off screen seem to confirm the foggish aspect of the ps3 version, but off screen surely not help so much to judge that.

Gaf should never change funny how consoles version went from looks like last gen to wow that looks awesome maximum hype, off course now crysis 2 has to proof itselfs at the bitter pc folks over there.

It's in SP but not in MP according to configfiles from the alpha leak (?), at least that's what Nebula said.
Still no evidence in the video, though, eg:
GIComparison.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12527604/crysis/pictures/GIComparison.gif

We can say all prediction/impression on MP demo ws outdated now.

The SP in retail version looks much better than MPdemo.
How is MP impression outdated?And like I said above, single really is not looking any better IMO.Only difference really standing out is when shooting the barrel which MP didn't have from what I played.

Looks great. No GI, though.

Considering how screwy the gamma is, I'd wait until a comparison was made to the PC version. You also have to consider that the GI settings on console are going to be inferior to the PC iteration or a tech demo meant to show off the difference.

EDIT: Maybe it will be patched in later.
That's not a simple feature you just patch into console versions.

That's not simple feature you just patch into console versions.
Wouldn't it be possible to just tweak the configuration? It's not like the console versions don't include the code; it's just not activated. Unless I'm not really understanding the way console games are distributed.

Wouldn't it be possible to just tweak the configuration? It's not like the console versions don't include the code; it's just not activated. Unless I'm not really understanding the way console games are distributed.

Maybe different light sources or TOD.
Time will tell. If true im sad then it BF3 being the first game on consoles with GI.

Back