[360, PS3] Crysis 2

I watched it too.From what I saw was really good.Sure quality was like lower than 240p but what I wanted was alot of smoke,fire,papers and particles flying around and stuff,it seems to deliver.Can't wait for 22nd to see videos and reviews.

He did mention that it was almost unbelievable looking for console game.

Played two rounds (one on Skyline, other one one Piere)... it looks pretty much the same as 360 version too me, but framerate is definitely lower.

Really? By the way, light a part, the multi demo graphically is far beyond to be impressive :???: ugly texture, AF enough low, popin, pop up, aliasing e low resolution very noticeable. I know probably sound pretty lamer, but how someone can find so good the multi demo on the 360 if it's so similar to the ps3? The overall bad IQ destroy everything is good in other aspects....imho

Last edited by a moderator:
From my neogaf post:

I've played 3 rounds of PS3 demo. Looks a lot worse than Gamer settings from PC, IQ is horrible [no visible AA and subHD], framerate is unstable, but controller is quite responsive till You wont activate Nano Vision. On Nano Vision framerate goes down further and controller is no longer responsive.
Textures are bad, much worse than on PC, that same with shadows, LOD is aggresive [trees on Skyline change details 5 metres from You], reflections on water also has LOD, shadows has massive pop-up and water looks worse than on Gamer settings.

Really, really bad. I want to see nanovision gameplay in any FPS analysis.

Direct feeds from my friend
http://juras.imgur.com/crysis_2_demo

From my neogaf post:

I've played 3 rounds of PS3 demo. Looks a lot worse than Gamer settings from PC, IQ is horrible [no visible AA and subHD], framerate is unstable, but controller is quite responsive till You wont activate Nano Vision. On Nano Vision framerate goes down further and controller is no longer responsive.
Textures are bad, much worse than on PC, that same with shadows, LOD is aggresive [trees on Skyline change details 5 metres from You], reflections on water also has LOD, shadows has massive pop-up and water looks worse than on Gamer settings.

Really, really bad. I want to see nanovision gameplay in any FPS analysis.

Direct feeds from my friend
http://juras.imgur.com/crysis_2_demo

Wow that looks worse than I thought:???:

The Pier 17 map doesn't look that bad thanks to some better art, but yeah, poor IQ. I wish there was a single player demo.

PS3 demo doesnt look great to me, seems to run at around 25fps constantly. Doesnt stand up very well to its peers imo. I want to say the lighting looks nice, but even that just looks like a ton of unnessasary bloom, and without wich id say it is only a very very subtle improvement over most games. I appreciate all the tech on show but to me it doesnt really pull it all together into something that looks great. 3D seem to be the same fake implementation where there are just 3 different layers each with just a different pixel offset, still a nice effect though.

Gunplay seemed very COD to me except the controls felt a little off. Do like the jumping around quite a bit though. Really wish they implemented Move support.

For now i dont think ill be buying. If i get chance to play a SP demo or try it around a friends ill give it another chance but itll have to improve a lot. Have to think what were they doing puttin this MP demo out, i can only see them loosing sales from it. From what ive seen and heard its SP all the way with this game.

Played about an hour of the PS3 demo, and it definitely looks better than the shots KKRT posted in the image quality thread, but the framerate isn't great; seems to be in the mid 20's most of the time.

I'm not a MP guy at all... this is the first online match I've played in years, not to mention this is the first time I've played C2. Aiming from the hip, even at close range, seems to be really inaccurate. I noticed a lot of people were aiming down the sights even at close range. After doing this, I started getting better. Ended off on a 13-1 round and it was quite satisfying. :smile:

I'm kind of skeptical of the PS3 version, so I decided to cancel my pre-order and maybe pick it up later if it turns out to be okay.

Lens of Truth (I know, I know), did a screenshot comparison:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictscreen-shot-comparison/head2head-crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-screenshot-comparison/

PS3 version just looks incredibly blurry and washed out, to be honest. If rumours are right, 1152x720 for the 360 and 1024x720 for the PS3. That's just really bad; very, very poor promotion for CryEngine 3.

Also, why does Crytek always fail to meet deadlines? I remember a developer saying, one month until release, that they're 'trying to get the game finished'. What holds them up?

PS3 version just looks incredibly blurry and washed out, to be honest. If rumours are right, 1152x720 for the 360 and 1024x720 for the PS3. That's just really bad; very, very poor promotion for CryEngine 3.

I didn't post it before becouse things might have changed but since this PS3 demo is from final code and it does seem sub-HD I'll post it. This was present in config files from beta.

//officially approved, saves 14 mb and 4 ms rsx
r_ConsoleBackbufferWidth = 1024

Also, why does Crytek always fail to meet deadlines? I remember a developer saying, one month until release, that they're 'trying to get the game finished'. What holds them up?

Much to do getting so much tech to run on consoles.

PS3 version got distant DOF but what seems like worse texture LOD at distance. PS3 might also be using the better edge AA method that blurs a bit though since it is sub-HD the results are not crisp. Beta edge AA was remarkably clean while handling almsotall edges with good results. easily comparable to MLAA (Edge AA type 3) and sub-pixel stuff handled well to. Maybe it is SRAA, dunno.

Lens of Truth (I know, I know), did a screenshot comparison:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictscreen-shot-comparison/head2head-crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-screenshot-comparison/

But the difference between 1152 and 1024 should not be enough to deem PS3 version "horrible" if otherwise it's mostly similar. People here and on GAF engaging in major hyperbole. It's one of the best looking games around even in MP and you'd think it was the worst from some comments.

Also Nebula, does the 360 config match the 1152? Cause I remember old config said 1280X720...

Back