[360, PS3] Crysis 2

The new footage shwon at the EA conference was kick ass. Specially the new trailer (probably PC). Can't wait!

PC version probably:

Wow at the particle-emitted lights casting shadows!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The new footage shwon at the EA conference was kick ass. Specially the new trailer (probably PC). Can't wait!

PC version probably:

That was really great!

And I would also assume PC version if realtime since I also see object motionblur.

And I would also assume PC version if realtime since I also see object motionblur.

I'm almost 100% sure it's not realtime.

It's also pretty much like Michael Bay IMHO - style over substance.
And the indoor walker robot fight from the E3 presentation had Ghost in the Shell all over it... is there really no other source of inspiration?

Maybe but it is not out of reach. Seen stuff on about the same level and better depending on what we talk about in realtime with CE2/Crysis.. on my own PC!

It's also pretty much like Michael Bay IMHO - style over substance.

Well maybe they wanted to showcase their visuals and tech. But I hope the game has substance and dont doubt it really since Crysis and Warhead is packed with it.

And the indoor walker robot fight from the E3 presentation had Ghost in the Shell all over it... is there really no other source of inspiration?

Yeah I noticed they used quite some obvious sources for inspiration but aslong as it works for game it is IMO fine. Lots of games borrow stuff from movies and such and generally people dont care or complain unless it carbon copies to much.

Curious. What makes you think that?

EDIT:

Gameplay segments:

Another improvement over Crysis 1 not often mention is the shadow filtering. In the second video, at 1:21, having a light of such radius cast shadows in C1 would make an absolute mess. Here you can see the shadow looks just great :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious. What makes you think that?

EDIT:

Gameplay segments:

Another improvement over Crysis 1 not often mention is the shadow filtering. In the second video, at 1:21, having a light of such radius cast shadows in C1 would make an absolute mess. Here you can see the shadow looks just great :p

Was that actually running on an Xbox 360? It looked pretty impressive, but sometimes they just use the 360 controller when demoing a game so it makes it hard to tell.

PC version probably:

Wow, if that's realtime then I'm floored, maybe DX11 on very high? At the same time though it's making that GTTV footage look like a generation apart.

Higher quality of some of the footage at gametrailers (quality still sort of sucks though :/, gametrailers must be getting hammered I see they've disabled search temporarily)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101432

Definitely looks console, looks great, but not amazing enough to be PC only. Plus there are X360 buttons in there, though that's not complete confirmation. Looks great though!

Wow, if that's realtime then I'm floored, maybe DX11 on very high? At the same time though it's making that GTTV footage look like a generation apart.

The only strange thing is some discrepancy between scene shots in video between IQ. I would also hope for DX11 but nothing there really jumps out of needing DX11. Tesselation, bokeh DOF etc.

And Crytek has been a bit cryptic about DX11 regarding Crysis 2.

Definitely looks console, looks great, but not amazing enough to be PC only. Plus there are X360 buttons in there, though that's not complete confirmation. Looks great though!
Hm, I still doubt it seeing the huge difference between the previous footage, but whatever version that was, it would be the one I'm getting.
The only strange thing is some discrepancy between scene shots in video between IQ. I would also hope for DX11 but nothing there really jumps out of needing DX11. Tesselation, bokeh DOF etc.

And Crytek has been a bit cryptic about DX11 regarding Crysis 2.
True, this also means I can run this thing full on my 4870 512mb "hopefully" >_>. But just Imagine playing this in 3d with tessellation...

Higher quality of some of the footage at gametrailers (quality still sort of sucks though :/, gametrailers must be getting hammered I see they've disabled search temporarily)

What about how clean it looks,maybe is PC?
http://i45.tinypic.com/mt9k4w.jpg

Looks extremely clean - no jaggie in sight?!
On the other hand, some of the textures (for instance the "hair-tentacle" of the alien when fighting in close up) look a little bit low res.

If it is console - I am impressed and furthermore the action was cool!!

Back