[360, PS3] Crysis 2

It's tesselation solution seems far more robust and innovative than the ATI solution which should result in great perfomance increase. Though 5xxx should be able to run that techdemo flawless.
Really? I have no idea about that, i thought it was a software (and slower) approach.

About ~300fps without tesselation and 140-150fps with tesselation, hardly slow. They say it and there is a framerate counter ("140-150fps so order of magnitude is about a factor of 2 in terms of perfomance"). So you cant judge the framerate by the video encoding/capture as framerate seems awfully low for the capture (Youtube video). :)

This better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lw-7gt919w

And talking about water I do hope for something like this in CE3 or CE4...

Holy crap. I had no idea about the framerate because when i saw that video i was in a computer without sound, but it just seemed so slow that i supposed it was running really slow.

Color me impressed now o_O

Also keep in mind that particular demo represents a very naive approach, in that there's an incredible amount of wasted geometry because distance isn't factored into their tesselation system. Everything is tessellated uniformly no matter how far it is from the screen (meaning they over-tessellate). I think they actually mentioned before that the water demo was a quick throw-together, and not something they've spent a long time on, and I think they even stated my very point. So in English, with a little more pollish it could be much faster, much more expansive, or possibly the spare power could be harvested to tie the surface dynamics into a smooth particle grid so instead of running a pretty fluid animation they're accurately simulating the fluid.

Really? I have no idea about that, i thought it was a software (and slower) approach.

Ah your a bit behind the times my friend, a fair bit is known about Fermi's architecture now including a pretty spectacular setup engine which allows 4 triangles / clock to be processed (as opposed to 1 on R8xx). It seems Fermi has been designed from the ground up to give stella geometry / tesselation performance.

Ah your a bit behind the times my friend, a fair bit is known about Fermi's architecture now including a pretty spectacular setup engine which allows 4 triangles / clock to be processed (as opposed to 1 on R8xx). It seems Fermi has been designed from the ground up to give stella geometry / tesselation performance.
Bu... bu... but... how is this even possible?

I mean, Ati has been researching in the lines of tessellation for what? 10 years now? (giving that their experiments with true form and the like given them direction to develop that) And i remember back when xbox 360 was announced that Ati was bragging about this super fast algorithm they managed to implement in hardware which allowed for 1 tessellated triangle per 2 clocks, and bragging even more when they achieved 1 for 1 on a later series on Pc...

I mean, Ati seemed to lead this way for a very good while and then all the sudden Nvidia comes out of nowhere with an implementation that outperforms so badly everything ati has done xD

Color me reallyyyyyyy impressed if nvidia actually comes this far with fermi o_O

Did he say Crytek has 600 employees? Holy crap that's a lot of overhead. They better start pumping out the games.

Why do they keep showing the demos running on 360? Even for PC only magazines like "PC Games magazine"?

* The magazine editor states in his conclusion, that even though he "only" was shown Crysis 2 on an Xbox 360, he thinks that it is going to be one of the best looking games of all time on all platforms.

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=846&Itemid=1

As the demo ends, it’s a relief to note that the chairs aren’t melting, none of the journalists present is sweating any more than usual, and the lights on the 360 console aren’t flashing. The message is clear: this is Crysis with pretty much all the trimmings, running at pre-alpha without slowdown, and today’s consoles are cool with it. They can take it.

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/the-manhattan-project-crysis-2?page=0%2C4

I'd like to see a proper release of a game with this engine. If all is well, it'd be good to see some compeition for Epic and force them to step it up also. Competition is a good thing.

Cant wait Crytek shows it,especially on consoles.They are quite confident that they have graphically most impressive game of all,if it turns out truth net will be flooded with fanboy wars,will be bloody:LOL:

Why do they keep showing the demos running on 360? Even for PC only magazines like "PC Games magazine"?

As the demo ends, it’s a relief to note that the chairs aren’t melting, none of the journalists present is sweating any more than usual, and the lights on the 360 console aren’t flashing. The message is clear: this is Crysis with pretty much all the trimmings, running at pre-alpha without slowdown, and today’s consoles are cool with it. They can take it.

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/the-manhattan-project-crysis-2?page=0%2C4

They must mean Crysis 2 as from what seen on the gameplay video some weeks ago there is a huge difference. Bloom strength alone as a factor doesn't override everything else in terms of beauty. Also it ran quite mixed and IIRC Grandmaster mentioned this from the game show some weeks ago.

Anwyay the new bits are to short. It really isn't teasing me seeing a camera pan for some seconds.

Is it really that hard for people to understand that the suit is made of what basically boil down to thick slats/strips that function like muscles? They add a great deal of bulk to the actual wearer's frame. The wearer isn't built like the Hulk, he's built like a marine, wearing inch-thick, contractile armor.

It should be, though. That's where you'd expect an EAP-based muscle suit to be bulkiest - In areas directly related to upright strength. Seeing as the nano-suit 2.0 is supposed to be an evolution of the previous model, it's reasonable that the technology hasn't changed much, which means that since the spec requirements have gone up, the over-all bulk of the suit has to increase as well, barring a quantum leap in technology between suit revisions. If anything, the first suit was the least realistic of the two - the wearer would have to be either annorexic, or the suit unrealistically thin for the performance parameters implied.

Back