[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Maybe they will have some exotic method to detect when vegetation is overlapping each other forming a 'solid wall'? Though I assume the real savers are the buildings/rubble.

hm... fair enough. There has been some discussion/presentation on blending as a post-process of sorts, at least requiring multiple passes. Not sure how rough that will be for performance considering what else CE3 is attempting to achieve here.

I doubt it as from what I've seen of custom city esque maps vs forest maps is that the later needs far bigger polygon budget to look convincing and dense. That unless they want to have 2D vegetation galore fest like linear games though for open world that would be really bad and ugly.

I mean per individual tree you may have more geometry for say an oak vs a palm, but if you can use that density as a way of occluding geometry you win out. If you occlude enough geometry there may be a tipping point where it's actually more efficient to draw a few dense trees to hide a few dozen fairly dense objects. This is ofcourse only in theory, but we'll know more as the picture becomes clearer.

Eh? Alpha textures are still alpha.
Maybe they will have some exotic method to detect when vegetation is overlapping each other forming a 'solid wall'? Though I assume the real savers are the buildings/rubble.

Precisely what I wonder ^^^. And agreed buildings would probably be the biggest occluders.

More from here...

http://xcastonline.com/index.php/Ne...-crysis-2-set-in-a-qnew-style-of-jungleq.html

When queried on the ever present "Crysis is going to consoles, so the design must be gimped" topic, Camarillo explains that that's "not necessarily" the case. "In some ways it has allowed us to avoid overdesigning features, to keep the focus narrower and tight for a compelling experience on all platforms."

Being overdesigned, open and vast what made Crysis unique (in a good way) for me. Here we go...... .:rolleyes:

[strike]No need to turn this into a versus thread, so shut up about KZ2 already.[/strike] -ModEdit

On topic, I'm interested to see what Cryrek can do with the consoles. I think if any dev can knock one out of the park graphically it would be them.

Some new Crysis 2 info. There's been a lot of magazine exclusives lately and here's a thread with a lot of info:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=29962&p=6

The player is referred to as Prophet (whether he actually is Prophet or not they won't say but that's what people are calling him). Also the new NS2.0 has been improved in more ways than one. First off speed and strength have been combined into one mode, and there's a new scanning mode that analyses bodies and enemies (info like ammo count, how they died, etc). The nanosuit can also be upgraded throughout the game giving the visor abilities to see through walls and show where shots come from. The main threat in the game are the aliens who have taken on a more human form. There's also a human task force that'll be battling aliens and nanosuit alike.

The story in the game is set three years after Crysis in NYC, which has been destroyed by aliens. They didn't mention anything about the first games ending so I'm not sure how they are going to explain jumping three years ahead. They're also focusing a lot on vertical gameplay this time (e.g. you can attack from underground or from above).

The magazine also mentioned the 360 ver was the one shown and it'll be 720p 2xAA. Can't say if that was just a guess or not by the writers so take it with a grain of salt.

Whoa ! Whatever happened to going back into the island to rescue Prophet ?!?!?! :oops:
why NYC crytek , why? Crysis without a jungle is like stripping the soul away. and human like aliens????? Why not just create a new ip? :(

Whoa ! Whatever happened to going back into the island to rescue Prophet ?!?!?! :oops:
why NYC crytek , why? Crysis without a jungle is like stripping the soul away. and human like aliens????? Why not just create a new ip? :(

I'm sure they're not going to forget about answering left over questions from the first game. Also apparently Nomad is now called Prophet so I think we'll see why that is - that or we actually play as Prophet in which case maybe the prologue takes place on the island.

And while I did love the jungle, I'm totally psyched for the new setting. It's a chance to showcase their tech in a different setting besides a jungle and it's bound to be stunning.

You have Jungles too,they probably wanted to have both areas as having only island would be a bit boring by now [they have been doing island since FC1 lol].

How about the game letting you play as Prophet in the island during the earlier part & then out find something out, some master plan that the aliens are going to execute and the fight moves to NYC. [It'd be AMAZING to watch a sunset or sunrise scene while at the top of a building with the sea on the other side..woah ! Just thinking about it makes me go crazy :LOL:]

Yes ! It will be refreshing to see a different setting, but it will also make everything look more generic and less "Crysis".
Human like ALiens? Where they hell did they come from? Last I checked they were floating Jelly Fish kind ! They are changing it into another game.
If doen too much, they might suffer from the "Resistance 2 " syndrome.
I am hoping for the best, but can't just deny that it could be bad too.

What I think is that the aliens may figure its better to have a humanoid form if they want to dominate the earthlings. And imo going away from jungles will make crysis less generic cause most of the time whenever someone mentions beautiful vistas these days, its always about some jungle scene with waterfall or ocean & the sun at the horizon.

My own theory is that fighting the koreans was easily the most funny part in Crysis and Warhead

Another theory can be that it is easier for humanoid forms going into the war-torn cities and clean out buildings

Yeah ! Koreans couldn't clear the auditions this time, the military organisation won the role :D ! And the jungle lost the role to the shiny new entry, Mr. NYC ! LOL ! :LOL:

Back