Larrabee screenshots (?)

spacemonkey

Newcomer
Are these legit?

11073_large_11071_large_Larrabee2.jpg

11074_large_11072_large_Larrabee1.jpg

...or just artistic concept renderings? Supposedly the bottom one is on LRB, the top one is not.

The photoshopped effects I see are:
-Tons of particles, combined with good atmo scattering. Hello there, order-indie translucency! (Also, being able to process the updates for the particles in a wide and parallel manner)
-Crowds. Parallel processing of the individual entities, and also processing of more triangles/verts than a typical GPU is (probably) capable of.
-Good quality motion blur (has intel shown off anything with LRB being particularly adept at that? I guess, while processing a pixel, you can say "Write out to these locations defined by the velocity of this pixel"?)
-A second high-quality shadow (irregular shadow map show-off, or just generally more processing)

Lines up with what I was expecting, really, minus the third point. I'm really anxious to see if stuff like irregular shadow maps, order-indie translucency, high-quality dof blur and high-quality motion blur is not only within the realm of possibility but are practical from a performance POV. If the second shot is possible at >= 30Hz, I'll be ecstatic.

Clearly the first shot is Rasterisation & the second shows the Power ® of x86™ Ray Tracing© :rolleyes: :LOL:

Next shot will be a preview of FSX® Ray-Trace edition© :devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, clearly they forgot to remove the motion blur from the sword in the lower right of the top image... so with LRB the dragon didn't have enough performance/power to kill all the humans in the arena, and the human's didn't have enough performance/power to put out the fires? :???:

Oops, clearly they forgot to remove the motion blur from the sword in the lower right of the top image... so with LRB the dragon didn't have enough performance/power to kill all the humans in the arena, and the human's didn't have enough performance/power to put out the fires? :???:

861.jpg

Clearly the first shot is Rasterisation & the second shows the Power ® of x86™ Ray Tracing© :rolleyes: :LOL:

Next shot will be a preview of FSX® Ray-Trace edition© :devilish:

Oh gawd the graphics requirement would be huge and it'd still have framerate issues 2 years after release.

FSX will have FPS issues until we move to quantum computing. Crysis will eventually be overcome by good old fashioned brute force GPU compute power. I see 20 FPS minimum in DX10 w/ very high settings and 4x AA @ 1080P on my 4GHz E8400 GTX 285 (702/1584/2646) system running through the benchmark and it's very playable at those settings.

Back