Boy oh Boy....

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Just an update on whats going on over on this side. I know I haven't been as active as I used to be. Lol, I think giving up on posting on the RSPC forum was one of the smartest things I ever did. I cut that, watching hours of political commentary shows a day and reading political blogs/news sites. The withdrawal on it was bad, didnt realize how hooked on tv and the internet I was until I gave a lot of it up.

With the extra time, I found time to go back to the University and get my dual degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering. Should complement my BS in Computer Science nicely. After that, I'll finish the last few credits I need to get my Master in Comp Sci, but might convert the credits for a MS in Comp Eng. Too early to decide what to do first. Grades? Pretty damn good, 3.95-ish. Taking 21 credits last semester was a killer and broke my 4.0 streak.

Well, now for the family update:
We are doing pretty good <knock on wood>. Ami is doing great and my daughter brings us great joy. She is 19 months old and amazes us with each discovery she makes about the world around her. Cant believe it took us so long to discover the joys of parenthood.

Oh... almost forgot to mention....
The new addition to the family. :oops:
Meet Shivam Kirit Patel and Aum Kirit Patel.
born.jpg

Aum was born on 5/20/09 at 1pm and his brother Shivam 2 minutes later.

Mother and boys are doing fantastic. A few scares here and there on the babies health, they came a bit earlier than they should have. However, our hospital and the doctors and especially the nurses have done a superb job in making sure they will come how with mom healthy in 2 days.

Here is a pic of the beaming mom and our daughter Shayuri. She seems to be more interested in the babies cap then in her new brothers.
wife_daughter.jpg

Here I am nervously holding my sons:
dad_babies.jpg

Now, I have to somehow lose like 65 lbs or my wife will kill me. (pretty random way to end the post, but hey its my thread. :rolleyes: (I really just wanted to use the rolleyes emoticon.) :runaway: <--- No, idea how this fits in, but who cares at this point.)

Congratulations epic, that is really wonderful news, a warm welcome to Shivam and Aum on planet earth. :)

Congratulations on your new boys epic! They're looking good. I can't imagine the smiles you must be having these days... :)

Dual majors is no joke and 3.95 is a great GPA for someone as busy as you! I honestly don't know how you do it but you are a rock star....more like a damn champion of champions when it comes to life.

I'm really glad to hear you're doing good. We miss you around these here parts. I'm just super happy for you and your wife, have a beautiful family and trucking through life.

Quick edit:

As for the weight....apprently it's normal to gain weight during a pregnancy, for the guy.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Men-Also-Gain-Weight-During-Partner-s-Pregnancy-112306.shtml

I read this article yesterday and found it a good read. :)

Congrats, Epic, that's awesome news. Hope mom and the boys are doing well. Do twins run in either side or were you taking any fertility meds? Also, and this might be too early to ask, but do you think you're done at this point or might have more children in the future?

Congrats again, thx for the pics.

Congratulations, Epic! And thanks for the pics.

Twins as well, that's quite nice and different.

Congrats. On the plus side if you have time to wrangle kids, work, and go to school if you finish school you can use that extra time to go exercise and then finish up your last point. Whenever I think I am busy I am happy to think at least someone is busier and surviving it :)

Wow, awesome! Congratulations on all of you!

And those pounds, forget about them - your first priority is to get fit enough by the time all three of them can run, and I'm sure you'll lose those pounds in the process. Did you know kids around age 3/4 make as many steps as a grown-up does in a marathon ... EACH DAY!?

And by the way, your daughter is very cute! Such eyelashes! I got my kid 13 months ago now ...

Maybe you have a really big butt that you're sitting on, but I don't see 65 lbs for you to lose.

Oh, and congrats!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Everyone is now doing fine. Aum had to stay an extra day in the hospital because of jaundice. Ami was naturally sad about it, but now that he has been home with his brother for over a week, everything is normal. Or as normal as you would expect it.
New pic. :)
11thday.jpg

About my weight, I think Im fine but the doctor had to spoil things last year with a high cholesterol number. So I guess I might need to take it more seriously. I want to make sure that Im there for my kids in the future. So my goal is to lose this spare tire that Im carrying around my waste.
@JR, twins run in the family. My dad is a fraternal twin and my uncle has fraternal twin daughters. So fraternal twins run in the family. :) Also, Id like to have more kids but I think its way to early to ask Ami about it.
@Arwin, thanks for noticing, Shayuri is incredibly cute. Also, I didnt realize how much energy kids have. My daughter already can out walk me. I get tired just thinking about it.

thanks for the well wishes again.

That picture is pretty cute and funny.
The one on the left looks very surprised/scared at everything like "Are these animals carnivores? There is a lion on my head!", while the one on the right is totally laid back like "Uh why did you wake me up?"

@JR, twins run in the family. My dad is a fraternal twin and my uncle has fraternal twin daughters. So fraternal twins run in the family. :) Also, Id like to have more kids but I think its way to early to ask Ami about it.
I always scratched my head as to how fraternal twins can 'run in the family' on the father's side.

It seems medically implausible, though I've heard of it (anecdotally, perhaps) on several occasions.

I always scratched my head as to how fraternal twins can 'run in the family' on the father's side.

It seems medically implausible, though I've heard of it (anecdotally, perhaps) on several occasions.
Im one of those cases. No twins on my wifes side, but on my side 2 sets of fraternal twins. Crazy.

@sxotty, yeah, chose that picture because of it. I guess its fun to take weird pictures of your kids at this stage. They dont complain. :p

About my weight, I think Im fine but the doctor had to spoil things last year with a high cholesterol number. So I guess I might need to take it more seriously. I want to make sure that Im there for my kids in the future. So my goal is to lose this spare tire that Im carrying around my waste.
@JR, twins run in the family. My dad is a fraternal twin and my uncle has fraternal twin daughters. So fraternal twins run in the family. Also, Id like to have more kids but I think its way to early to ask Ami about it.
@Arwin, thanks for noticing, Shayuri is incredibly cute. Also, I didnt realize how much energy kids have. My daughter already can out walk me. I get tired just thinking about it.

thanks for the well wishes again.

If memory serves, you're early 30s. Try being mid-40s and keeping up with kids. I exercise very regularly, but man there are days I wish I had the energy I did in my 20s.

Glad both of the twins are doing well. Very cute pic, I think Sxotty described their expressions perfectly.

Back