What exactly is the AMD "Neo" processor?

Single K8 @ 1.6.

As a casual user trying it out, the UI is snappy and responsive even in Vista, something I can't see with the atoms. The extra RAM and K8's much better single threaded IPC really helps out in casual tasks like browsing or flash sites (oh god)

As a power user, it's rather pathetic. I'm waiting for any possible dual core versions using the 45nm K10 revision to materialize. Hopefully AMD's smart enough to realize that there's big money to be grabbed from that market because Intel's CULV is just more of the same.

Not bad at all then. sounds perfectly capable of warcraft 3 which is all I attent to play on it game wise. Mainly going to be used for word, powerpoint, and browsing other wise.
So I take it you have a notebook with a Neo in it Tchock? The concept of these ultra small CPU's is interesting for people like me that don't do any sort of real heavy computing but Atom always seemed lack lusting even for my kind of work.
Is AMD Neo 65nm or 45nm?

so that's the 65nm K8 single core, with a new branding and a frequency half ways between "Athlon 64 2000+" and "Sempron LE-1xxx".

I got myself the Sempron LE-1100 more than a year ago (lowest end, 1.9GHz, 256K L2 - full core is 512KL2).
I paid 27 euros and the stock fan often stops when it's idle, because it hardly puts any power! with a 25% overclock, it's 50% faster that my former XP2400+ (with which I had a 4% overclock, and which I had to replace because of a hardware disaster)

It's an excellent CPU and I can still recommend it for low end desktops, it runs non-recent or non-heavy games well and the single threaded performance is fine (especially for that one CPU hog app. firefox!)

That laptop looks very nice. a much better netbook than netbooks. I'd like it $500 with no OS but it's good enough if you can afford it.
It should be a bit faster but similar to a via nano, btw. Nano is already a notch above Atom.

AMD is launching a new dual-core, 45 nm K10-based platform now at Computex. I'm interested to see what will come from that, mostly because I've got someone with religious opposition to Intel in them in need of a gift.:p

so that's the 65nm K8 single core, with a new branding and a frequency half ways between "Athlon 64 2000+" and "Sempron LE-1xxx".

I got myself the Sempron LE-1100 more than a year ago (lowest end, 1.9GHz, 256K L2 - full core is 512KL2).
I paid 27 euros and the stock fan often stops when it's idle, because it hardly puts any power! with a 25% overclock, it's 50% faster that my former XP2400+ (with which I had a 4% overclock, and which I had to replace because of a hardware disaster)

It's an excellent CPU and I can still recommend it for low end desktops, it runs non-recent or non-heavy games well and the single threaded performance is fine (especially for that one CPU hog app. firefox!)

That laptop looks very nice. a much better netbook than netbooks. I'd like it $500 with no OS but it's good enough if you can afford it.
It should be a bit faster but similar to a via nano, btw. Nano is already a notch above Atom.

HP actually has it down as a notebook and not part of their "mini"/netbook line of products. It looks to be as small as you can get from HP notebook wise. I don't need that much power, but then again I don't need that little either. This one seems to fit the bill nice. Mobility HD 3410 don't sound too shabby either.

AMD is launching a new dual-core, 45 nm K10-based platform now at Computex. I'm interested to see what will come from that, mostly because I've got someone with religious opposition to Intel in them in need of a gift.

I have heard about an Athlon II in the works believe it or not. Might be seen at Computex.

Back