Digital Foundry tech analysis channel at Eurogamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so novel about their online system that they have to apply a patent for it?

I'd be more interested in their opinion of software patents tbh. I.e. this just a protection from lawsuits but they still hate them, they agree they're needed, their legal department forced them to, etc.

Can they think of a non-fps game that uses this kind of large online system? (RTS doesn't count) Bonus points if it doesn't involve any form of weapon at all.

And if they come up with something good, tell them to make that next - too many fps games!

How about 1 vs 100? :cool:

Tommy McClain

Is the connector power or I/O? What type of equipment is it connected to? Phone, camera etc?

I have a HUGE connector catalog at work, and I'm flipping through the pages to find something like it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a PCMCIA 15P connector.

Any idea where I can buy these connectors? I'm trying Google but am not having a huge amount of luck. I think you are correct about the plug. Some of the images on Google seem to show an almost identical plug.

A change of plan... tomorrow's DF article on Eurogamer will concentrate on sub-HD gaming and will resolve the grand Tekken 6 resolution riddle once and for all! On Xbox 360 at least. You'll need to wait a day or two for the PS3 analysis.

Tekken 6 is the most bizarro game I think we've looked at from a technical perspective.

A change of plan... tomorrow's DF article on Eurogamer will concentrate on sub-HD gaming and will resolve the grand Tekken 6 resolution riddle once and for all! On Xbox 360 at least. You'll need to wait a day or two for the PS3 analysis.

Tekken 6 is the most bizarro game I think we've looked at from a technical perspective.

May I ask what version of the XBOX360 code you have?.

Any idea where I can buy these connectors? I'm trying Google but am not having a huge amount of luck. I think you are correct about the plug. Some of the images on Google seem to show an almost identical plug.

Infoport Series III connector, I think.

Tyco electronics has them and will build custom cables. Or you can buy the connectors and build them yourself, but I don't see the shielded parts on the site, though they do sell premade shielded pigtails.

The picture you have is the receptacle, but there are 5 different keys and I'm not sure which one that is.

http://search.tycoelectronics.com/e...ronics&search_type=Text&question_box=infoport

I'd be interested for you to have a nose at Tekken 5DR off PSN. That seems to have a very variable resolution, dropping really low on the misty levels. It was certainly inconsistent. I'd be interested to learn how that compares with Tekken 6, and if there are any obvious technological approaches that could explain any similarities between T5DR and T6.

Infoport Series III connector, I think.

Tyco electronics has them and will build custom cables. Or you can buy the connectors and build them yourself, but I don't see the shielded parts on the site, though they do sell premade shielded pigtails.

The picture you have is the receptacle, but there are 5 different keys and I'm not sure which one that is.

http://search.tycoelectronics.com/e...ronics&search_type=Text&question_box=infoport

You're a fine man - I'll remember you in my will!

Er why would we compared 360 to PC? And looking at those screens, that appears to be normal. More detailed and better textures and shaders on the PC.

Regards,
SB

Er why would we compared 360 to PC? And looking at those screens, that appears to be normal. More detailed and better textures and shaders on the PC.

Regards,
SB

Apar from the fact that they both look ugly, the PC indeed shows better textures, but the lighting and water reflections look different. I could have mistaken them as 2 different engines

Apar from the fact that they both look ugly, the PC indeed shows better textures, but the lighting and water reflections look different. I could have mistaken them as 2 different engines

Not sure, without knowing whether there's environmental lighting effects (cloud shadows for example) it's hard to say whether the lighting is done differently in each version or not. It's quite obvious the PC version water has better shader and/or texture quality than the console version. Lighting looks over-exposed on the console shot however.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back