T4

Skynet could have built a fashion-conscious terminator, but that would have upped the total number of terminators in its army to 6.

Metrosexual terminators, god how we missed those... they'd commit suicide as soon as they found out that the solarium won't work with their skin.

Metrosexual terminators, god how we missed those... they'd commit suicide as soon as they found out that the solarium won't work with their skin.

ROFL! Thanks for that!

Btw I enjoyed the heck out of that movie. Cant wait to see the next installments :) Sam Worthington was badass!

Do yourself a favor: Don't think about the plot ever.

I usually dont bother. These are popcorn movies with awesome special effects and great actors. I like to go to my movies 'baggage free' so to speak. I dont try to think about the universe and how the story fits in though I thought they did a great job. Of course I am not as hard core a terminator fan as the people are on this forum so I very much enjoyed it and enjoyed the Reese plot and the Marcus plot too. I cant find anything wrong other than the power source thing...and their utter lack of fear (the humans I mean) of radioactive radiation!

I actually find stories rather a nuissance, it's all about eye-candy and badass looks in such movies. Kinda like playing (the old original) Doom, brains off and action please.

I finally watched it and it was enjoyable, but strange as well. Something seemed a little off in the movie though. Not really sure what it was exactly.

Sorry about the spoilers - if some are concerned about some plot holes (IMO there isn't much to be spoilt anyway), skip this post.

Prior to watching T4, I watched T1, T2 and T3. Suffice to say, the first two were at least somewhat consistant with T3 being a downright embarrasment to the series.

I had high hopes for T4 to correct some of the mistakes that were done in T3, but I guess that would have been too good to be true. Instead, we get a movie that's perhaps just entertaining to watch, but also wastes a lot of the original plot lines. What a shame.

The idea that mankind develop self concious AI that sees their creator as their biggest enemy to then start judgement day is quite good (and perhaps to some degree realistic and plausible). I can also live with the idea that perhaps in 30 years after judgement day, machines have made more progress in technology then humans have in their entire past and create a simplistic timemachine to send back one of their terminators to "change the past". That the most logical move was to assasinate the mother of the person that leads the resistance to victory I can live with as well.

This makes for some pretty good ideas for a T4 in fact. It would have been great to bring in as to why the machines/Skynet went for this move, rather than to simply send back information regarding how the war plays out etc. There would be also lots of room to explain more on the background that would explain some things in the first two parts.

Sadly, T4 doesn't deliver on any of these fronts. When I watch T1, I also can't quite picture Kyle being the way he is portrayed in T4 either.

And why did Skynet - if Kyle is so important and the key to the past and the future - didn't they just kill Kyle when they had him locked up? If he is the key to the past and the future and that without his survivial Conner can't exist - why didn't they just kill him to ultimately kill Connor as well? Why did they have to wait for him to enter Skynet in the first place?

One might argue, that in that time frame, Skynet didn't yet have that information and thus didn't know the importance of Kyle that he would ultimately be sent back later in the war to protect S. Connor and 'seed' his future son John. But then, if they didn't yet have that information - why were they looking for him in the first place?!

This movie is a mess. They should have just made a movie showing the beginning phases of the war, perhaps the development of Terminators to hunt down humans or show how the resistant gain access to skynet to send back their protectors to the past etc.

:devilish:

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed with the movie. Bit too much story and not enough action,at least in the first half.

I also wasn't too fond of a lot of the new Terminator models, especially that giant one. Way too war of the worlds.

The whole good Terminator story made no sense to me either, how could the technology to create that guy have existed all that time ago if the T800's are only now brand new. And why make him think he's human at all? And why the hell fit him with a human heart to power a cybernetic body!!

There were a fewgood action scenes in the movie though. By far the highlight for me was the CGI Arnie back in T1 guise. Especially when he rips that T600 in half :D

One thing that dissapointed me was

the robots as was said. It was good in a way that they were built differently from terminators, but the "motobots" made me cringe and think transformers. I don't know why but they just did not seem to fit.

As to the cyborg.

I believe it was supposed to be easier as the human brain controlled the guys body, the brain needed a heart and certain other organs. It was more like an endoskeloton replaced his original and muscles replaced as well.

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed with the movie. Bit too much story and not enough action,at least in the first half.

I also wasn't too fond of a lot of the new Terminator models, especially that giant one. Way too war of the worlds.

The whole good Terminator story made no sense to me either, how could the technology to create that guy have existed all that time ago if the T800's are only now brand new. And why make him think he's human at all? And why the hell fit him with a human heart to power a cybernetic body!!

There were a fewgood action scenes in the movie though. By far the highlight for me was the CGI Arnie back in T1 guise. Especially when he rips that T600 in half :D

The tech didn't exist, it was being worked on., Big, big difference. Also, they wanted to try something different, an Infiltrator that didn't realize what he was. The movie explained this quite clearly. =\

All that said, take my advice from earlier in the topic: don't think about the plot ever.

Yeah, it seems SkyNet thought it could just flip a switch and Marcus would do its bidding. Seems like it still doesn't understand humans that well. Treacherous, unreliable bastards that we are.

As far as I am concerned, a movie can get by on pure action alone, but a little bit of plausible and cohesive story can make a good movie great.

Oh well. Transformers will be here soon. I have to temper my enthusiam due to other movies not quite meeting my expectations.

Yeah, it seems SkyNet thought it could just flip a switch and Marcus would do its bidding. Seems like it still doesn't understand humans that well. Treacherous, unreliable bastards that we are.

As far as I am concerned, a movie can get by on pure action alone, but a little bit of plausible and cohesive story can make a good movie great.

Oh well. Transformers will be here soon. I have to temper my enthusiam due to other movies not quite meeting my expectations.

More like the writers failed at life. -_- these are the same people who wrote the third Terminator and The Net, after all. *sigh*

Saw it today and I'm very disappointed. It was boring and the action was all been-there-done-that. Maybe 6/10 with lots of good will.

Back