T4

NRP

Veteran
Why so little buzz about this movie? Supposedly the movie will explain how SkyNet went from "software" to "hardware". I'm a fan of the universe, so I am looking forward to this movie. Only a couple days away.

Annoyingly they cancelled TSCC, just when it started to get interesting.

Annoyingly they cancelled TSCC, just when it started to get interesting.

So its properly cancelled is it? Thats crap, I really enjoyed that series and as you say, it was starting to get really good.

Definatly looking forward to the new Terminator film though, hopefully I'll actually get a chance to see it at the Cinema!

So its properly cancelled is it? Thats crap, I really enjoyed that series and as you say, it was starting to get really good.

Definatly looking forward to the new Terminator film though, hopefully I'll actually get a chance to see it at the Cinema!

According to this it is definitely cancelled. Maybe someone will pick it up?

Dagnabit I liked SCC and yeah they were going crazy all out in it. Killing of main characters left and right.

Lena Heady was so-so, but I'll very much miss the Weirdinator.

Does anyone think John Henry is actually the terminator that thinks it's human in the upcoming movie? I thought he teleported to the future during the season finale. Also, when John Conner met Derek Reese just after teleporting, no one knows who John Conner is, so I guessing the time is before John becomes the leader of the resistance.

Didn't know it was cancelled. What the hell is wrong with TV producers/networks these days? They always seem to cancel all the interesting shows.

One thing I liked about TSCC is that they tried to show how John's character developed from a dumb ass kid to someone who had what takes to fight the machines. I wished I could have seen more of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think John Henry is actually the terminator that thinks it's human in the upcoming movie? I thought he teleported to the future during the season finale. Also, when John Conner met Derek Reese just after teleporting, no one knows who John Conner is, so I guessing the time is before John becomes the leader of the resistance.

Didn't know it was cancelled. What the hell is wrong with TV producers/networks these days? They always seem to cancel all the interesting shows.

One thing I liked about TSCC is that they tried to show how John's character developed from a dumb ass kid to someone who had what takes to fight the machines. I wished I could have seen more of that.

That's Fox for ya, always canceling shows...especially ones with Summer Glau in them :devilish:

For some reason I think the logical move would be to wait and see what kind of reaction T4 brings about. It could just as well revive interest in the TV show and bring a larger audience with it going into the Fall. Just think of the tie-ins they could do. The DVD gets released in September/October and coincides with season 3 of the show. Maybe have the first episode of the season also on the DVD as a bonus feature.

But Fox definitely have their own reasons and if the makers of the show aren't shopping it around then perhaps the issues is more internal?

I'm freakin amped for T4. A Terminator movie without my governor in it really should be bad ass.

Summer Glau shouldn't be acting, to begin with.

From my perspective:
- not attractive
- not skilled at acting
- looks uncoordinated

As a 'bad ass' in Firefly, I just couldn't buy it. A wooden uncoordinated actor made for poor immersion. Not nearly as bad as Kirk v. the Gorn, but still.

As a terminator, I could buy it as an emotionless machine, but not as one that would 'pass' among humans, and not as one that was particularly skilled at martial arts, beyond being indestructable.

And in neither case, was she eye candy. Buffie was much better at the femm fatale part (both in looks and grace), and the actress in T3 didn't look like she'd trip over her own feet, and was still a treat to look at.

But each to his own. I'm sure somebody enjoys clumsy looking wooden female leads.

Oh, and I stopped watching at the beginning of the season because so much of their trouble was of their own making. I couldn't watch I Love Lucy for the same reason. That and I discovered WoW, and can't be arsed to get away from the computer and watch tv.

Summer Glau shouldn't be acting, to begin with.

I cannot judge her on these two rolls.

1) Firefly: she had her head screwed with
2) TSCC : She is a machine.

In both cases I thought her acting was fine in that roll. If that is all she can do then yeah its terrible, but I am not ready to make that judgment on so small a sample size.

Russ, you probably don't know Summer is a classically trained ballerina.

And you really should be commenting on other people's taste when you pay to work and grind.

Actually I really liked Glau's acting in SCC. It's very subtle, she looks like her face is blank, but she's got these little expressions all the time, sometimes just a little quirk of the mouth or slightly raised eyebrows. She played the learning killing machine very well. It was actually quite a shock to see the moments when her character shows strong feelings.

Even some of the other subtle stuff (like when she's obviously competing for John's attention against his girlfriend in what could be interpreted in a sexual way) comes across the screen very well. She engages in a way that is close enough to make us think of her character as human, but that is also fundamentally wrong in some way - she's human on the surface of her personality, but not underneath.

Trying to give life to the role of an emotionless machine but to still make it a believable character that is more than just a blank face and pulls the audience in is probably quite hard. No one has ever tried to give a terminator an actual presence beyond unstoppable killing machine.

I agree BZB and I found her very cute. I like to call her either the Weirdinator or the Cutenator.

Russ, you probably don't know Summer is a classically trained ballerina.
No, I knew that. The fact that she doesn't exude grace is a puzzle I can't figure out. But some people just don't seem to exude comfort in their own bodies. Meh.

And you really should be commenting on other people's taste when you pay to work and grind.
Yeah, and then after work I play WoW. ;)

Back