E3 roundup/anticipation post

Just so you know, story wise it goes DMC3, DMC1, DMC4 then DMC2. But I understand if you want to play them all. For me, DMC3 was my favorite by far, followed by DMC1 then DMC4. I haven't even played DMC2 and probably won't unless they decide to make DMC5 between DMC4 and 2.

I think the only thing that made DMC3SE easier was the orb system. It's been so long that I forgot what the difference was off the top of my head. They also made Vergil playable character who is badass btw.

Yup. I heard the story goes in that route. I was mainly playing it in that order to see what graphics and gameplay was refined. There is a good amount of difference between 1 and 2. I will eventually get back there and finish 1
(probably start over). Hopefully this will hold me over until GOWIII and possibly NGS2 comes out.

Except that the guy didn't say that at all. He said he was going to get a review copy of APB. Predicting that 'oh, the game we saw at GDC last year might have a showing in E3 this year' is no great prediction for titles that aren't vaporware. If the game is going to have a late 2009 release, then, yeah, the gamefork guy is vindicated.

He's stated a lot of other things for E3 besides the APB thing! That wouldn't even rank in his top 5. Most notably, MGS4+Oxide (he now says Oxide is exclusive DLC) on 360, another konami game on 360, and that GTA4's new DLC at E3 will be called "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover". Yeah, very specific rumors..

Here was his original most concise post from May 6

MS E3 big drops. Xbox Fluid - New Motion camera! Splinter Cell Conviction Halo ODST Alan Wake APB Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide (Show Finale)

At that time personally I wasnt even familiar with APB..I thought it might be Crackdown 2 or something.

May 7th he posted

For the questions about MGS+O being show finale: Konami will announce a 360 exclusive (NOBODY outside of Kon has been told what this is)...

This could dovetail very well with the Konami countdown business going on

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but since this showed up:

and it seems surprisingly legit, I'd expect to see some more of Trico at E3.

Edit: Additionally, this is apprently real but over one year old. Maybe not as strong an indication of Trico at E3 afterall, it's just odd timing for it to show up.

Looks absolutely awesome. Yeah, I remember there was some kind of really light teaser for Trico released by Sony a while ago that just showed the opening scene with the well, no monster, no boy, that was it. I think this full trailer was probably shown at one of those closed events, so it makes sense if indeed its old.

He's stated a lot of other things for E3 besides the APB thing! That wouldn't even rank in his top 5. Most notably, MGS4+Oxide (he now says Oxide is exclusive DLC) on 360, another konami game on 360, and that GTA4's new DLC at E3 will be called "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover". Yeah, very specific rumors..

Here was his original most concise post from May 6

At that time personally I wasnt even familiar with APB..I thought it might be Crackdown 2 or something.

May 7th he posted

This could dovetail very well with the Konami countdown business going on

Hey, if he turns out to be right, fine. But what I'm saying is that there's no reason to believe him so far, this APB thing isn't confirmation of any nature. Let's not encourage all these crackpot rumor mill blogs that are popping up for E3? And APB is the biggest deal of the things he's said. It's the only title with no set release date and as far as we know, it's PC with a possible 360/PS3 port -- having it on the 360 would be a big deal.

It seems reasonable MS would reunite with realtime worlds again though. But the twitter guy, you're right I got all excited but he's unproven and some new evidence suggests hes wrong. Time will tell.

And APB isnt nearly the biggest thing he's said, I'd give that nod to MGS4, new Konami game, etc.

It seems reasonable MS would reunite with realtime worlds again though. But the twitter guy, you're right I got all excited but he's unproven and some new evidence suggests hes wrong. Time will tell.

Sure, I'll admit he was right if he turns out to be right. Nothing so far really points that way, though. And yeah, it's likely that APB would come to 360 eventually -- we still don't have a publisher for the MMO (though hasn't MS left MMOs entirely?).

And APB isnt nearly the biggest thing he's said, I'd give that nod to MGS4, new Konami game, etc.

New Konami game, maybe. But it's not like anyone cares about anything Konami that isn't Kojipro these days. So unless it's MGS5 multiplat, it's not a huge deal. (MGS5 multiplat would be big news, make no mistake. Unsurprising after FFXIII, but still big news.)

And like we've discussed in the MGS on 360 thread, a year+ late port isn't huge news, or even a big coup. MGS2 also got a late port on Xbox. It's great for 360-only owners who want to play the game, and good for Konami to make some more money, but I highly doubt Microsoft cares. It's hardly the big deal FFXIII day-one multiplat was, no matter how much Gawker blogs will want to rattle the bars of the fan-monkeys' cages.

New Konami game, maybe. But it's not like anyone cares about anything Konami that isn't Kojipro these days. So unless it's MGS5 multiplat, it's not a huge deal. (MGS5 multiplat would be big news, make no mistake. Unsurprising after FFXIII, but still big news.)

MGS5 exclusive to X360 would be even bigger news. I doubt that would ever occur, but stranger things have happen.

Regards,
SB

MGS5 exclusive to X360 would be even bigger news. I doubt that would ever occur, but stranger things have happen.

Regards,
SB

MGS4 sold over 700k in Japan and is best-selling third-party game there this generation. I really really doubt it'd be exclusive -- OTOH, I do think Konami is looking at Capcom and figuring they could have all that sweet multiplat money too.

His MGS claims are the biggest knock against any supposed credibility this anonymous nobody has. Konami made 4 times as much money on the PS3 last year as they did on the 360. There is basically zero incentive for them to MGS content exclusive to the 360. A multiplatform release is one thing, and that would be pretty big news in and of itself, but why would Konami turn their back on 4 million, exceptionally loyal, hardcore customers just to provide 360 exclusive DLC, or whatever? MS cannot write a big enough check. There is zero chance of that happening.

Hell, even people at MS have publicly denounced GameFork as being full of shit. The most troubling thing about it is how quickly some fanboy nobody can get all the big gaming blogs to repeat his claims with no due diligence to verify them, or his access to such information. We're probably a couple days from finding out it's all been a big troll by the SomethingAwful.

Regards,
SB
If MGS5 was announced as a 360 exclusive, it would be the strangest thing that would happen, at least as far as I can remember. It just doesn't make any sense. Going multiplatform is very possible though.

His MGS claims are the biggest knock against any supposed credibility this anonymous nobody has. Konami made 4 times as much money on the PS3 last year as they did on the 360. There is basically zero incentive for them to MGS content exclusive to the 360. A multiplatform release is one thing, and that would be pretty big news in and of itself, but why would Konami turn their back on 4 million, exceptionally loyal, hardcore customers just to provide 360 exclusive DLC, or whatever? MS cannot write a big enough check. There is zero chance of that happening.

Maybe they made 4 times as much money on PS3 because they only released MGS4 on PS3?

Exclusive DLC type stuff isnt that big a deal imo. If you're going to bring over a year+ old port you pretty much have to do something to spice it up on the new platform, that's standard practice. Nobody wants the exact same old game again without at least something to get people talking.

Regards,
SB

There is no way I see MGS5 being 360 exclusive, even timed. This brave new world of no third party exclusives means exactly that. Not exclusive to PS3, or 360. MGS4 shipped 4.7m on PS3, obviously thats huge.

I could see Kojima's supposed western themed game being timed or even exclusive. If Kojima is trying to embrace the west, I could see him getting fully in character and trying to embrace the 360. But not MGS5 it's too big. Oh but I fully expect MGS5 to be multi-plat though.

Maybe they made 4 times as much money on PS3 because they only released MGS4 on PS3?

Exclusive DLC type stuff isnt that big a deal imo. If you're going to bring over a year+ old port you pretty much have to do something to spice it up on the new platform, that's standard practice. Nobody wants the exact same old game again without at least something to get people talking.

Certainly the exclusivity had an effect on the split, my point was simply they've made a lot of money from Metal Gear fans on PS3 and it would be insane to deny such loyal customers new content, whether it be DLC, an enhanced version or a sequel.

It's not like we're talking about a game that failed to find much of an audience on the original platform and they need a way to drum up interest for the port. It was wildly successful in its original version and presumably, if 360 owners want a version as much as they claim to, it should be successful irregardless of exclusive additions.

MGS is in some way attached to the PS brand and if I recall correctly Kojima himself stated something similar in an interview and views it that way. Multiplatform is likely. Exclusive to the 360? Highly unlikely

Updated the OP with Mass Effect 2 (360), God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time (PS3), Assassins Creed 2 and a new Bethesda game (Multi?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see how anyone can think that this GameFork guy is actually legit.

The biggest cross against his name

Wouldnt Kojima cause a stir if he announced his new IP was a 360 only title! Maybe even do a nifty countdown clock to the day of MS E3 conf.
He is so very wrong on this part. Even the metatags on the site say its got to do with MGS and the imagary suggests it aswell...

What i would like to see.

- Heavy rain
- Info for the new game by the guys who made ICO
- Wardevil

Back