PS3:
MGS5
Uncharted 2
GT5
FFXIII
God Of War III
Team Ico's new game
Heavy Rain
New Jak and Daxter game (Daxter being a DL character in Pain makes me wonder..)
New Ratchet and Clank game

PS3 and PSP hardware redesigns
New PS3 motion controller and some "Wii Fit" style game

I would love to hear that Resistance 3 is coming, I think its too early for a Trailer of any sorts but that Insomniac have plans for the development to start. That would make a great E3 for me, on top of that some new Exclusive IP's for the PS3 would also go down nice.

My big turn on for this E3 is whatever Bioware shows about Mass Effect2, in all likelyhood my GOTY for 2010 :)

Red Steel 2
The Conduit
All the Wii Motion Plus sports games
Wii Motion Plus in general and all the games we haven't heard of yet that will inevitably support it
All the new and unexpected games that will be announced for Wii.
Fight Night Round 4

That's it..

After thinking about it for a while, my most anticipated stuff will be:

- New Zune or xYz player (need to replace my aging Ipod)
- God of War III
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (just saw the trailer and will probably buy again if the framerate and action holds up)
- HALO ODST
- Bayonetta

I have to play and finish Mass Effect, Assassins Creed and Uncharted to get excited for their sequels, but I guess those could be great as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing that we know so few about what might come this year. Except Halo:ODST, we do not know what is coming from MS this fall and Sony also keeps a lot of things underwraps for a while.

This E3 will certainly be quiet entertaining.

My expectations:

360:
Motion controller
New NXE features (they have released nothing new so far up until now after the launch)
3-4 new MGS games + Halo:ODST

Sony:
PSP2
Re-designed PS3 (too early?) at 400$ price point and temporary price cut for current models?
Uncharted2, GoW3, MAG, GT5 + some new announcements?

Nintendo:
New peripherial maybe?

Btw, why would be MGS4 a mega bomb? It is almost a year old game by now.

Anyway 2 more weeks and we will find out!

My Wish List:

PS3 price drop $299.
PS3Slim announced release in September.
PS2 software based Backwards Compatibility announced for PS3. (Don't mind if this is on a game by game basis with PSN downloads or firmware.)
Announce many, many PSOne and PS2 game downloads on PSN.
PS2 PSN games work on new PSP model.
GT5 release date confirmed 2009.
GTMobile release date confirmed 2009.
Rock Band:The Beatles confirmed you can export songs into main RB2 platform.
Lego Rock Band confirmed you can export songs into main RB2 platform.

MGS4 confirmed for Xbox360 with special new online mode. (This game needs to be enjoyed by more people.)
MGS4 PS3 Trophies patch, as Xbox360 version will have achievements.

HD remakes of Ico and Shadow of the Collossus
New TeamIco game revealed.
New Hideo Kojima game revealed.

Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Devil May Cry 5, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, God of War III, Ratchet Crack in Time, MGS5.

PS3 price drop. Slim PS3 announced and released pretty soon.

A lot of the more detailed MS E3 rumors have been coming from this alleged inside source (should be taken as random speculation)

http://twitter.com/gamefork

However it's interesting that he has been perhaps lent some credibility by the announcement that APB will be at E3 (presumably now a sowed up MS exclusive if Gamefork is at all correct?).

Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Devil May Cry 5, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, God of War III, Ratchet Crack in Time, MGS5.

PS3 price drop. Slim PS3 announced and released pretty soon.

I'm with you on NGS2, DMC5, GOWIII and if priced correctly a PS3 slim.
The PS3 slim would have to be significantly dropped as I would like a second Blu-Ray player for the living room. Otherwise, I would have to go with a cheaper standalone.

I didn't hear any rumblings of DMC5 coming out. I'm playing through the the first 3 right now. The first one is a bastard to play (I skipped over this one after mission 4 or 5 to start on DMC2 which has been a lot more fun).

A lot of the more detailed MS E3 rumors have been coming from this alleged inside source (should be taken as random speculation)

However it's interesting that he has been perhaps lent some credibility by the announcement that APB will be at E3 (presumably now a sowed up MS exclusive if Gamefork is at all correct?).
A MGS4 + O (Oxide) an xb360 exclusive?? Since when a port of a year old game has been called "exclusive"??? I understand this might be a MGS2: Substance "complete package", but calling it exclusive if it still is just basically the same MGS4 game would be stretcing the definition a little :D

Since when a port of a year old game has been called "exclusive"??? I understand this might be a MGS2: Substance "complete package", but calling it exclusive if it still is just basically the same MGS4 game would be stretcing the definition a little :D

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2? :p

I'm with you on NGS2, DMC5, GOWIII and if priced correctly a PS3 slim.
The PS3 slim would have to be significantly dropped as I would like a second Blu-Ray player for the living room. Otherwise, I would have to go with a cheaper standalone.

I didn't hear any rumblings of DMC5 coming out. I'm playing through the the first 3 right now. The first one is a bastard to play (I skipped over this one after mission 4 or 5 to start on DMC2 which has been a lot more fun).
Really? I was just gonna say, you should skip DMC2 completely. It is considered to be the worst of the series BY FAR. A lot of DMC fans even say it doesn't exist. :LOL:
DMC3 is the best of the series IMO, but it does have a steep learning curve. Before you start playing DMC3, I would look on youtube for some combo videos.

If there's any validity in the twitter, it just made Alan Wake a lot more interesting to me. Horror themed it sounds like. Yummy.

Regards,
SB

Except that the guy didn't say that at all. He said he was going to get a review copy of APB. Predicting that 'oh, the game we saw at GDC last year might have a showing in E3 this year' is no great prediction for titles that aren't vaporware. If the game is going to have a late 2009 release, then, yeah, the gamefork guy is vindicated.

Bed time. Early start tommorow. Travelling to MS offices Reading to pick up review copy of "APB". Excited isn't the word!!!

I want to know more about Heavy Rain and whatever Team Ico has been cooking over the last couple of years.
Hm, I guess that's pretty much it already.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but since this showed up:

and it seems surprisingly legit, I'd expect to see some more of Trico at E3.

Edit: Additionally, this is apprently real but over one year old. Maybe not as strong an indication of Trico at E3 afterall, it's just odd timing for it to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I was just gonna say, you should skip DMC2 completely. It is considered to be the worst of the series BY FAR. A lot of DMC fans even say it doesn't exist. :LOL:
DMC3 is the best of the series IMO, but it does have a steep learning curve. Before you start playing DMC3, I would look on youtube for some combo videos.

I haven't got to DMC3 yet as I was trying to play them in order. I just got really frustrated with the first one that I decided to see if the second one any better. So far at least, it's definitely less frustrating.

DMC3 is the special anniversary edition which I heard is somewhat tweaked from the original release. I really enjoyed DMC4 so I'd likely pickup DMC5 as well.

Just so you know, story wise it goes DMC3, DMC1, DMC4 then DMC2. But I understand if you want to play them all. For me, DMC3 was my favorite by far, followed by DMC1 then DMC4. I haven't even played DMC2 and probably won't unless they decide to make DMC5 between DMC4 and 2.

I think the only thing that made DMC3SE easier was the orb system. It's been so long that I forgot what the difference was off the top of my head. They also made Vergil playable character who is badass btw.

Back