Red Dead Redemption

Amazing trailer.Game looks almost unbelievably good.So much details in such huge open world game,amazing.And those vistas...:oops:.Their engine is pretty neat and euphoria animations look superb.Still,wondering if they gonna tone down those details for a bit smoother frame rate because it still looks bit laggy,or they are gonna be able to fix it.

That looks fantastic! Even the smoke coming from the top of the train at the beginning of the video looked great lol. It looks like Rockstar has made very few sacrifices in terms of visuals despite the open-world nature of the game, which is very impressive. Every aspect of the visuals from the lighting to the animation (Euphoria FTW) looks amazing. You can even see the muscles in the hind legs of the horse flex while it is walking!

I hope there are interesting bits between the towns. Open world games can be big like Just Cause 2 but have a lot of empty space. I'd prefer something like Fallout 3 where the world is relatively small but there's something interesting every 10 metres. But the ideas of bandits, crazy hermits and people needing protection seem promising.

You can even see the muscles in the hind legs of the horse flex while it is walking!

While it looks good, the effect is actually quite simple, it's just blending between two normal maps based on bone rotations. Uncharted and Mass Effect 1 have both used it for facial wrinkles 2-3 years ago (and UC1 also used it for Drake's shirt folds).

While it looks good, the effect is actually quite simple, it's just blending between two normal maps based on bone rotations. Uncharted and Mass Effect 1 have both used it for facial wrinkles 2-3 years ago (and UC1 also used it for Drake's shirt folds).

MLB2K did it before all of them :) At the time we just called it animated normal maps.

That just....Wow !
I just hope for a good PS3 port this time around cause I prefer buying my games for the PS3 :devilish:

Any word on the Graphics on this, do we have to wait for a PC version in order to enjoy it to the max or did they make some ground since GTA4

Ugh, I wish I could play it now.

So in free roam you can run into random possies to fight. If your posse is limited to 8, and then total number of players is 16, I wonder if they do some kind of silent background matchmaking in free roam. Basically you launch into your game, and then another posse of players is silently inserted into another spot on your map where you won't see them appear. Then you happen to cross paths and fight it out.

the new trailer was great, anyone notice how sharp the environment textures were?
looked really nice.

I great step up from GTAIV graphics wise, i just hope the framerate won't be to bad, from what we've seen so far it seems to take a serious hit in the towns/villages.
I played some GTAIV the others day, did not touch it for months, and then i played the just cause 2 demo, GTAIV textures looked really blurry in comparison, with a lot more aliasing.
RDR seems to have textures as good a JC2, and the environments are even more detailed.

Aparently an editor was shit canned because he posted an email from rockstar to give this a good review.

So I will pass on any rockstar games from now on.

Back