My video card collection's website - The Golden Era of 3D Acceleration

Interesting to see a voodoo5 6000 in the flesh after so many years.

I can't help but notice that one of the large induction coils at the top left of the board has been mounted upside down. Not that I expect it to make any difference, but it looks a little odd.

(Deliberately avoids making any jokes about mexican build quality... :))

:)

It's actually half off, that's one of the problems of the card. I don't think that's going to revive it, but will have to resolder it before I'm going to test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking through old stuff and found 3 old graphic cards but I think you already have those:

Matrox Mysterion 220 (64-bit) from 1997
Matrox G400 Max from 1999
ATi Radeon 9000 Pro (RV25A) from 2002

What an awesome website. I wasn't really 'around' for a lot of those early year cards, but surprisingly I have a fair few of them (or very similar models) in boxes and such back at home, so I recall the good odl days of playing with those in tinker-systems, just learning the ropes.

Just last night I was going through an old box of junk parts and out of nowhere came across two VooDoo2's... Had such a nostalgia wave - and they're both in perfect condition! I remember when I just had the one V2, and I'd have two 80mm fans hooked up and just sitting on top of the card blasting cool air down onto it because those damn VooDoo's ran so HOT!

Ahhh, great stuff. Are you interested in people sending you some of these old cards if they have something of interest to you, Tim? I have so much shit stored away that I'll never touch, and if any of it is of interest I'd happily send it to a good home. But it's not even just me - I know a lot of folk with boxes of ancient parts they'd happily part with... You never know what you can find in there.

*edit* Had a look on the shelf, randomly found a Creative Video Blaster SE (CT6040) mixed in with a 9700 & 9600 pro. Beats me how it got there... Also got another two big cards like that that link up with a ribbon cable. Neat old gear.

I think timbre has a list of stuff he's still after on his site
edit looks like on of those search engine places nicked his web page

timbre if your still around do you have your website stored on your hdd could you make it available to people
wayback machine only has your homepage

Sorry guys, I haven't been on here for ages. Really sorry again, life has gotten on top of me recently. The renewal for the site came up and went past in breeze.

Wow he came and went quick.

Not really, have been doing it now for years, website has been in progress for I dunno 2,5 years or so? Some clarification. I intend for now to keep the extremely rare ones and do away with most of the retail cards. Very hard to see them go that's why I would like to hang on to some of the gems that are close to my heart. Especially also since people have helped me out greatly and wouldn't like to see anyone upset. Will see what I can do with bringing the site back online. I just haven't done anything due to personal reasons for a very very, actually very! long time now. It's sad, all the time and effort and money spent, but a point comes in someones live to accept other responsibilities and all that. It goes a bit deeper then that obviously (otherwise I wouldn't have "given up") but rather wouldn't discuss it openly on a public forum. Part of it has been a struggle with periods of depression and anxiety and have played a part in my life (not just myself). Some people seem to be able to juggle everything in life, I really can't do that anymore, even more so with added responsibilties etc. I feel sad about it, but you know how sometimes things go. There are a few that have offered to take on the task I've started so, it's not all lost. If you're bored have a look at Carstens website, that's coming along very nicely.

It's good to hear from you again Tim. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time. I hope things improve for you. We've been missing you over on VOGONS too, btw. Lots of super ancient 3D card experimentation happening over there as usual.

It's good to hear from you again Tim. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time. I hope things improve for you. We've been missing you over on VOGONS too, btw. Lots of super ancient 3D card experimentation happening over there as usual.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words. Excellent, I'll have a look. Always enjoy reading the projects there. Always have, always will.

Good luck with your life timbre, hope everything works out for you
put one of those old cards to use and play some classic games, that will cheer you up
(remember whatever the question Gaming Goodness is the answer ;))

ps: if you cant get the site back up at least put everything in a zip and upload it to megaupload or similar. It would be an absolute crime if the pages were lost forever..

Good luck with your life timbre, hope everything works out for you
put one of those old cards to use and play some classic games, that will cheer you up
(remember whatever the question Gaming Goodness is the answer ;))

ps: if you cant get the site back up at least put everything in a zip and upload it to megaupload or similar. It would be an absolute crime if the pages were lost forever..

Thanks. It's all backed up, no problems there.

Hey, sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. Good luck with everything, and I hope you find the room and time to keep the cards that you actually enjoy.

Back