Marvel vs Capcom

Carl B

Friends call me xbd
Legend
The thread can is obviously for discussion of the new upcoming digital download in general, but specifically, does anyone know whether the final product will have a 'turbo' mode as an option?

Don't know, but I do know it'll have a 2 in the title. :p It's too bad they don't do an HD Remix for the sprites, though I suppose that would balloon the game size to a DVD. Actually, I never played the second one. I stopped after the first (mainly because I sucked at trying to pull off those zomg combos. The over-the-top supers were great. :cool:

Don't know, but I do know it'll have a 2 in the title. :p

Well yeah I know, but I dropped the 2 anyway! :p

I stopped after the first (mainly because I sucked at trying to pull off those zomg combos. The over-the-top supers were great. :cool:

Well I was a player of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter myself, but I do know that the turbo mode action I saw on the SEGA consoles was incredible.

Did the DC version have turbo mode? That's what they're basing this one off of.

Yeah it did, but I didn't see one messing around with the demo last night.

I still have my Dreamcast version with my arcade stick to boot.

It was pretty flawless for the DC so I'm hoping the same for the PSN/XBLA versions. 1up did a streaming vid of the game during its gamenight and it seemed to have an invisible wall at the lateral edges that was not in the DC version.

They also had different video modes for 4:3 and 16:9 with options for "crisp" and "smooth" which they commented on as showing no difference in the graphics. If the netcode is good, I may pick this one up as well. If it bites, I will stick with the DC version.

1up did a streaming vid of the game during its gamenight and it seemed to have an invisible wall at the lateral edges that was not in the DC version.

That's related to the 16:9 mode for which they extended the display on the sides; they kept the play area consistent with the 4:3 mode.

They also had different video modes for 4:3 and 16:9 with options for "crisp" and "smooth" which they commented on as showing no difference in the graphics.
There are some official comparison shots here. I prefer the crisp mode myself. :)

If the netcode is good, I may pick this one up as well. If it bites, I will stick with the DC version.
Apparently, the online code is based off of SSF2THDR, so make of that what you will. ;)

I'll wait until others have the final version and give their impressions.
It could save me a few bucks.

If its good, I may finally have my revenge on RobertR1 for kicking my butt in SFIV. Then again, I may fall deeper into the won-loss column hole I'm already in.

I hope they implement a sensible tournament mode so that we can a proper party game going with minimal downtime.

I'm quite excited about this... Possibly one of the best\most enjoyable fighters ever made which -due to a sad twist of fate- became exceedingly rare and discontinued...

Now it's back!!! No need to worry about discs.. Just DL it and go! I wonder if it supports PSP stream play? (Wouldn't that be cool???)

I :love: this game...

Though I do wish they fixed up the sprites a bit.. Everything is great as is- but on a 1080p\720p screen dunno how "Fab!" it'll look... Smooth\crisp modes are appreciated though.

I'll wait until others have the final version and give their impressions.
It could save me a few bucks.

If its good, I may finally have my revenge on RobertR1 for kicking my butt in SFIV. Then again, I may fall deeper into the won-loss column hole I'm already in.

I hope they implement a sensible tournament mode so that we can a proper party game going with minimal downtime.

I'm getting it for sure :) Haven't play SF4 is a while. Might fire it up this weekend. Heard there's a new patch out.

Now we need Capcom to bring out their awesome beat-em-ups. Darkstalkers would be good too. Oh, and Rival Schools.

I'm getting it for sure :) Haven't play SF4 is a while. Might fire it up this weekend. Heard there's a new patch out.

Yeah, today big homework assignment for this session. After this, it is smooth sailing.

I plan to finish off Fable 2, MGS4, learn to play GH and RB in hard (I'm a noob), start Mass Effect, finish Bioshock and play some SFIV.

On second thought, I'd be happy to get half of the above before the end of this month.

Now we need Capcom to bring out their awesome beat-em-ups. Darkstalkers would be good too. Oh, and Rival Schools.

I'd love to see some Darkstalkers or even better its sequel Vampire Hunter.
I wasn't really feeling Darkstalkers 3 though. I was never a big fan of Rival Schools.

I'd love to see some Darkstalkers or even better its sequel Vampire Hunter.
I wasn't really feeling Darkstalkers 3 though. I was never a big fan of Rival Schools.

I like Vampire Hunter because of Donovan, but I like Jedah as a boss more than Pyron.

It would be really interesting to see if they can pull the game off using the SFIV engine and still keep it faithful to the original gameplay. I have my doubts, but I would be pleasantly suprised if they could do it.

I'd also like to see them implement a MvC2-like tag or assist component---gaming heaven!!!

Back