Bionic Commando demo

Scott_Arm

Legend
Downloaded the Bionic Commando demo on Xbox Live last night. Didn't try it. The download size is relatively small (500-600 megs).

Any impressions?

I tried it this evening. It's a multiplayer only demo. Kinda disappointed about that since I'm mainly a single player. Not a great way to learn the controls when you're getting owned by people who already been on there. The swinging is pretty neat. Probably take a little while to get the hang of it. As for the multiplayer part, it wasn't too bad. Though there was only one map that I could tell. Pretty dark, but at least you can change the gamma correction. Doesn't look like it will have as much variety in weapons, but that could be just the map. I'd suggest trying it out, but think people should hold off making a purchasing decision until a single player demo is out.

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I think that was a poor choice for a demo. I don't think the games strength will be the multiplayer. It seemed ok, but more of a diversion than something I'd keep going back to.

I agree... it's bit of a poor choice for a demo. MP was the least I was expecting for this. :/ I just want to swing around. :p

On a side note, there is quite a bit of screen tearing and aliasing (possibly <720p..).

I'm gonna download it today and give it a try to see how it compares to RE5 VS mode which ironically is lots of fun despite not being able to shoot walk/run at the same time.

I kind of liked it.... matchmaking and quick games (although they seemed to take a while to find) with auto-start. Interesting mechanics and hard to guage with solo deathmatch as the only option. If there are some cool varied game types, it could be fun

graphics are pretty cool from what I could tell in the night map and the 3rd person view was very action oriented. never played this title before is it a remake?

Looking for players... I canceled after it found nothing after minutes. Restarted, found seven others instantly!

Starting in 5...4...3...2...1.. all players disconnected!

I then turned off the 360.

Looking for players... I canceled after it found nothing after minutes. Restarted, found seven others instantly!

patience. :smile:

I was never disconnected but have found that it connects pretty quickly now... that is a must for me in MP. Auto-start, fast games and matchmaking.

is your NAT open?

Didn't have any problems with finding a game, but sadly I didn't like the demo. The animation is just slow having played Lost Planet. The graphics aren't that great either. If the graphics are the same in SP then I'm not really interested in getting this game even if becomes a bargain bin title.

I was curious to see how this game would feel.
Frankly I didn't really like it, the swinging felt very unnatural. You seem to gain momentum very randomly.

Perhaps I'm just too used to the grapple in tribes vengeance, which is just fantastic!.

I had the same issues on my 360. So I gave up aswell.

I was curious to see how this game would feel.
Frankly I didn't really like it, the swinging felt very unnatural. You seem to gain momentum very randomly.

Perhaps I'm just too used to the grapple in tribes vengeance, which is just fantastic!.

Mmmm, I always preferred the grapple in the Q2 CTF mod by three-something (been so long I can't remember).

Loved being a grapple monkey.

Was thinking of giving this a try to relive some o those moments, but if it's that random and slow responding. Bleh...

Regards,
SB

yea I can't get any MP games now either... that sucks... oh well, here's hoping red Faction's MP is solid :)

Back