AMD Bulldozer Core Patent Diagrams

80122917.png

CPU Support List
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios

the two lower end models feel sweet spot (for e.g. gaming), or the FX-8100 for non gaming heavy multi-core loads.

the mobo listed above looks like an excellent mid-range one, as well.
even if troubled it seems sellable to people who don't care for the high end.

Power consumptions are ugly or it's me? It doesn't fare well for the relevance of the turbo mode :|

Power consumptions are ugly or it's me? It doesn't fare well for the relevance of the turbo mode :|

It's fine for the top-bin model, a bit disappointing that it doesn't go down to 65W on the 4-core one, as you might expect it too.

There's a distinctive possibility that those TDP numbers could be quite conservative for the low-end of the lineup. Plus, more energy-efficient models are somewhat likely in the near future, as is customary with new architectures. If they can make 95W 8-core SKUs, then 45W quad-cores should be perfectly doable.

Also note that Llano displays similar power scaling on desktops. It seems perfectly capable of operating at 35 or even 25W, judging by the mobile versions, but on desktop it's stuck with a very high voltage and a 65W TDP at best, even though tests have shown that drastic undervolting is often possible. This might be a costs-saving measure meant to maximize yields and keep a limited number of SKUs, based on the idea that the largest portion of the desktop market doesn't really care about power, so long as it doesn't go over 65~95W.

classic stuff, they will sell a 65W version at a premium so they don't qualify the lowest end to 65W and don't run it lower voltage either

classic stuff, they will sell a 65W version at a premium so they don't qualify the lowest end to 65W and don't run it lower voltage either

Yeah. And even if they wanted to run them at a lower voltage and qualify them for 65W, it's likely that a certain portion of those chips (somewhere around 20% perhaps?) wouldn't be able to do it. So they would have to either throw them away or create a different SKU. I can understand AMD's reluctance to engage in such segmentation right off the bat, without significant volume or market feedback.

Plus, Charlie says a CES launch could be in the books for Trinity, which is guaranteed to address the 65W segment. If Charlie's right, then Trinity will only trail Zambezi 4 to 5 months, making a 65W Bulldozer SKU somewhat less justified.

Turbo on the quad seems deliberately crippled- maybe they'll push the 6-core variant for most gamers on a budget instead.

Is that still from an ES? There have to be retail samples floating around by now.

Haven't seen any retail leaks yet ....
If AMD is launching this month then it's amazing that we have no proper leaks, but I think more likely scenario is that AMD is not (hard) launching desktop Bully this month.

Shame really because if they launch mid October I won't be able to get one the day it comes due to my cousin wedding! So AMD if you read this, launch first or last week of October!!!! :devilish:

"We don't do paper launches." - Henri Richard (AMD), April 2007

Guess things have changed then. No way in hell can they get hard-launch done within this month if they haven't been producing final silicon for at least a couple of months already.

Leaked benchmarks under SiSoft Sandra 2011

The inter-core sync latency is simply horrendous for BD. :oops:

given that core for core clock for clock bobcat smashes bulldozer in that result let alone llano i would guess they are using B0/1 which have already been reported as having memory access and hyper transport issues and B0 turbo didn't work either.

Is that still from an ES? There have to be retail samples floating around by now.
word on the "street" was that B2 is final and isn't being sent out in any ES form.

"We don't do paper launches." - Henri Richard (AMD), April 2007

Guess things have changed then. No way in hell can they get hard-launch done within this month if they haven't been producing final silicon for at least a couple of months alread

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-ships-first-interlagos-cpus-based-on-bulldozer/13503.html

SUNNYVALE, Calif. * Sept. 7, 2011 * Today, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced revenue shipments of the first processors based on its new x86 “Bulldozer” architecture. Initial production of the world’s first 16-core x86 processor, codenamed “Interlagos,” began in August and shipping to OEM customers is already underway. Compatible with existing AMD OpteronTM 6100 Series platforms and infrastructure, “Interlagos” is expected to launch and be available in partner systems in the fourth quarter of this year. Many of the initial shipments have been earmarked for large custom supercomputer installations that are now underway.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-shi...s-based-on-bulldozer/13503.html#ixzz1XFpandhH

hard enough for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back