Assassin's Creed 2 teaser trailer.

It did have that "glitch" thing that let you change views in the middle of the cutscenes so I'm guessing that they're going to drop all of that and present the story in a different manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully they actually add some gameplay to this one. The first one had the most shallow gameplay out of any game I've played in a long, long time, even though it took place in the most beautiful world ever created in a video game (IMO).

Hopefully they actually add some gameplay to this one. The first one had the most shallow gameplay out of any game I've played in a long, long time, even though it took place in the most beautiful world ever created in a video game (IMO).

And even with that, it was one of the most fun games I've played in a long time (for action games).

Then again I also love the Dynasty Warrior series, so what other people consider shallow...

I consider brilliantly cathartic...

Ooh, and the night scenes look quite tasty. Makes me think of the Thief series... And that's a very good thing. Only if it was more like Thief, I'd be even happier. :)

Regards,
SB

The best aspect of the 1st game for me was the freedom of climbing and hopping. It really kicked up the ante when under pursuit and the whole thing felt like a Bourne movie chase. Just wish they'll add more varieties in missions and level design then it'll be totally ownage.:)

The best aspect of the 1st game for me was the freedom of climbing and hopping. It really kicked up the ante when under pursuit and the whole thing felt like a Bourne movie chase. Just wish they'll add more varieties in missions and level design then it'll be totally ownage.:)

What you said. I was the same way. As much as I didnt like the rinse and repeat of the first game, the parkour and the visuals were enough to keep me playing. I may just install the game again after finishing up the Last Remnant which I am enjoying immensely btw :)

What you said. I was the same way. As much as I didnt like the rinse and repeat of the first game, the parkour and the visuals were enough to keep me playing. I may just install the game again after finishing up the Last Remnant which I am enjoying immensely btw :)
Wouldn't mind playing AC in Uber resolution too with a setup like yours.

Wouldn't mind playing AC in Uber resolution too with a setup like yours.

Heh, I finished it both on the X360 and PC just to see it in PC resolution. Yes, I did indeed buy the game twice and don't regret it. :)

However, while the PS3 version was noticably less detailed than both X360 and PC. The X360 isn't far off from the PC other than resolution from what I remember.

Regards,
SB

Heh, I finished it both on the X360 and PC just to see it in PC resolution. Yes, I did indeed buy the game twice and don't regret it. :)

However, while the PS3 version was noticably less detailed than both X360 and PC. The X360 isn't far off from the PC other than resolution from what I remember.

Regards,
SB
Oh, was it less detailed? I thought the main difference between the PS3 version and the 360 was aliasing and tearing. Can you circle out the stuffs other than those, maybe texture res or shadows?

The PS3 version appears less detailed because it uses QAA and the 360 version uses 2xMSAA. I don't think it had more aliasing, but I heard it had more tearing too.

Oh, was it less detailed? I thought the main difference between the PS3 version and the 360 was aliasing and tearing. Can you circle out the stuffs other than those, maybe texture res or shadows?

It's been a while since I played it on both PS3 and X360 so I don't remember all the details on it. And my friend with the PS3 that had it has sold it so I can't recompare unfortunately.

But from what I remembered, the rooftops seemed far less detailed with a lower visual range on some details on PS3 versus X360. IE - there were less bit and bobs and whatnot.

Then again I played it on PS3 about 2-3 months before I got it on X360 so maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.

Regards,
SB

Cool, either way it's not night and day difference from a few comparison vids I saw on the net. I'm actually quite confident on UBI's next delivery seeing how vastly they have improved on the PS3 port since Farcry2, Dead Space and POP. I have faith in the AC II team.

Cool, either way it's not night and day difference from a few comparison vids I saw on the net. I'm actually quite confident on UBI's next delivery seeing how vastly they have improved on the PS3 port since Farcry2, Dead Space and POP. I have faith in the AC II team.

Me too. Ubisoft have done great job after first AC. (Dead Space it isn't a ubisoft game however). Last year I never expected that ubisoft beat capcom on ps3 multi developing.... to be honest I would be never expected capcom would be worsen so much after dmc 4 but it's ot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new info:

Sebastien Puel: ”The Assassin's Creed game engine - Anvil - got some awesome new technical features that let us create a world with an even better visual treatment and a wider variety of gameplay with more opportunity for the player. We have many new technicalities we added in the engine that affects the graphics in the game and improves the overall visual treatment:

• Night and day cycle
• New load distance for more detailed open-world environment from greater distances
• The same internal vegetation technology used in Far Cry 2
• Several rendering improvements to support improved lighting, reflection and more special effects.
• New cloth system used extensively for characters

We have new technicalities that enhance the gameplay and give us the opportunity to create more mission variety and through more unique scenarios:

• New Artificial Intelligence architecture allowing much more diverse gameplay and mission.
• Enhanced NPC navigation showcasing parkour-like acrobatics that will spice-up the chases and escape missions”

link: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,684874/Assassins-Creed-2-Engine-detailed/News/

Back