What Is Sony Announcing On Tuesday?

The only caveat I have for the PS2 announcement is that it just doesn't feel important enough. Maybe that's just me though ... But we'll see soon enough.

The only caveat I have for the PS2 announcement is that it just doesn't feel important enough. Maybe that's just me though ... But we'll see soon enough.

Sony's best selling console dropping below $100? That's big for Sony.

Why are we expecting something.

I am still fully expecting a PS3 price cut around this time.

Sony's best selling console dropping below $100? That's big for Sony.

Why are we expecting something.

I am still fully expecting a PS3 price cut around this time.

It's not their best selling console anymore AFAIK..isn't it beaten handily by PS3 in sales figures for some time now (NPD etc)?

There seems to be plenty of sources about PS2 price drops this time around though.

It would be very neat if they announced a PS3 firmware update that gives full PS2 BC emulation to the PS3s lacking PS2 bc at the same time as a PS2 price drop. That would fit the bill expressed by Reeves who talked about adding value instead lowering the price of the PS3, but I don´t have much hope it will happen.

I don't particularly doubt this bit of news, but I'd caution against using 'retail databases' as real evidence. Among last year's 360 innumerable price count rumors last year there was a screen of a Circuit City or Best Buy sales terminal, which ended up being a mock-up.

You'll have to apply the usual Internet salt for all corroboration from unofficial sources. Even multiple sources on the net may come from the same fake source.

And now to throw more fuel into the fire:
http://twitter.com/David_Jaffe
...guess which entry is eye-catching.

[grab bucket of Internet salt]

EDIT: :LOL: fake David Jaffe. Real one is here: http://twitter.com/djaffe

[abandon thread. Just wait for non-news tomorrow :devilish:]

Maybe. A US price drop doesn't seem like a worldwide brand announcement, though. It is astonishing to me that the PS2 stayed at the $129 price point for 3 whole years! Talk about your long overdue price drops!

Maybe. A US price drop doesn't seem like a worldwide brand announcement, though. It is astonishing to me that the PS2 stayed at the $129 price point for 3 whole years! Talk about your long overdue price drops!

It's been cut to 99.99 Euros in....Europe as well.

Back