NVIDIA's Driver team brass on IRC tonight.

It was a much more fun chat before the interview bit, the nVidia people took way too long consulting on their answers for it to even appear spontaneous. :(

I thought this was interesting.
<SwedBear> How significant an impact have the events in the recent months had on the attitude and focus of both the PR and engineering departments at NVIDIA? Have the driver designers gone back and revised the majority of the Detonators' code to remove or reimplement certain certain parts according to your new optimization guidelines?

<Bantha> hahah

&lt;Scott_Bjorn3d> I thought I rated it XXX

&lt;nv_nick> Actually, we have made some changes in our process, going forward, I think we're all going to be more careful about what features we put in, and how they get tested.
my bold

You can look at the chat log of the interview here.

I was around for the 'warm-up' (which was good fun - Nice to see some of you guys there :) ), but sleep (and network problems :rolleyes: ) called before the main event, so I missed out.

There goes my chance of getting a 5900...

There was one funny one I saw where someone asked about NV40 and the response was 'What's NV40?' :LOL:

EDIT:

&lt;shane_Bjorn3d> What differences are there between NV35 and NV40 except die size and frequencies?

&lt;NV_Derek> what's NV40?

&lt;NV_Derek> DONE

Also I just saw one question that was evaded completely:

&lt;SwedBear> will nvidia encrypt their vidcard drivers in the future ?

&lt;NV_Ben> :))

&lt;NV_Ben> done

HMM.

Back