[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Haha you better start practicing then. My KD is 2.32 while stoned in CoD4 (360) and 4+ while sober.

My KDR was above 2... on the PC on clan servers :p

Oh... Never bring a knife to a gunfight ;)

/Quiet NRP! Just get on my team NRP and Shut. Up. Enjoy the Ride and giggle at all the, "How does Ban Bot do that?!"

The game is good but in my opinion, it doesn't even deserve a 10 at all.IW gets too many free passes though.Special Ops mode is more fun then the actual campaign as I feel the sp mode feels a bit lifeless and stale.The mp is obviously where all the fun is at and im enjoying that so far.I give the game a solid 8.5....

Anything above 2 is pretty good IMO. what types of games do you play? What kind of play style do you use (eg: sniper, assault, stealth etc).

FFA, TDM and some S&D. I dont have a clan thought so i tend to play FFA or Merc TDM as its annoying playing with random people vs a full clan. Random people sucks ass to play with, aspecially when you die in S&D and have to watch some moron run in the wrong direction for 2 minutes only to nade himself on the way back.

Play style? Run around like crazy with SMG or an assault rifle thats silenced and bet on that my aiming is faster than whoever i encounter. (Which is why my sens is set to maximum).

I do die A LOT with this play style, but its okay, as i tend to kill more people than i get killed, and my kills per minute is through the roof.

So who is getting which version? I see Joshua (unfortunately) on the X360, so that means we won't be fighting on the same battle field... then again, I probably will remain on planet Helghan most of the time anyway. :p

Should be getting my copy by end of week...

Shucks. Forza 3 and MW2 (360) becon :p We have a pretty solid group of guys from B3D (Robert, Scott, Timberwolf when he gets back, AlStrong, NRP, etc) that are on regularly and MW2 will be a major convergence point. Hopefully Homer, Tap In, AzBat, NavNuc, Castaway, Phaethon, etc will jump back in the mix regularly. It wasn't uncommon to get at least 8 people in a Live Party with Halo 3 a year after release without organizing a get together. I think with MW2 we will easily exceed that. Fun to play with the B3D folks and their pals.

Oh, you will be on Helghan? I will be on planet Xim, owning MW2. ;)

My KDR was above 2... on the PC on clan servers :p

KDR is one of the things I like to tout too, but I'm not sure it's always a good measure. For one, it's highly dependant on the group of players you play with and on the other hand, it also depends on how you play the game. In quite a few games, snipers tend to have a lot higher KDR although they effectively participate less in the game. Then you have the guys who love to hide in places and play it safe while there are others that actually go and hunt down, dying here and there but causing a lot of kills at the same time too.

It's still probably the best measure for performance though... so yeah, although I usually like to look at more than just a single stat for that (i.e. hit accuracy, headshot ratio, KDR).

FFA, TDM and some S&D. I dont have a clan thought so i tend to play FFA or Merc TDM as its annoying playing with random people vs a full clan. Random people sucks ass to play with, aspecially when you die in S&D and have to watch some moron run in the wrong direction for 2 minutes only to nade himself on the way back.

Play style? Run around like crazy with SMG or an assault rifle thats silenced and bet on that my aiming is faster than whoever i encounter. (Which is why my sens is set to maximum).

I do die A LOT with this play style, but its okay, as i tend to kill more people than i get killed, and my kills per minute is through the roof.

Is the quality of opponents lower on XBL than on PSN ? I think I'm pretty good and my KDR isn't even 2.0. I usually win most of the matches I play and I've never encountered anyone that that comes close to consistently winning FFA matches with a 25-6 score (4+ KDR) and I've got close to 100k kills from playing FFA exclusively.

I could see a sniper on certain maps with a 4+ KDR, but to consistently win FFA with a 4+ KDR is insane.

Is the quality of opponents lower on XBL than on PSN ? I think I'm pretty good and my KDR isn't even 2.0. I usually win most of the matches I play and I've never encountered anyone that that comes close to consistently winning FFA matches with a 25-6 score (4+ KDR) and I've got close to 100k kills from playing FFA exclusively.

I could see a sniper on certain maps with a 4+ KDR, but to consistently win FFA with a 4+ KDR is insane.

Nope, no difference. I play CoD4 on PSN nowadays, but my KD there is deflated as buddies have played a lot online on my PS3 while im sleeping of the booze (1.9 or so KD i think my PSN rating is, but i dont remember exactly). I reckon if i would factor out my mates playing KD should be about the same, albeit my aim is probably slightly worse on the PS3 due to gamepad being worse for FPS games.

I met a few so called Elite players on PSN, who will destroy me, and their KD average is around 6.0 ;)

What i would like Infinity to improve in their next game is AI. Please, make a proper AI!. Less scripting and more AI driving missions. Do you imagine a game like Modern Warfare with an AI like the one in half life 1 ?.

About IGN score in graphics: is not fair to games like Uncharted 2 to share the same 10, the graphics technology in both games is not comparable. Don´t even talk about the 91 of Killzone 2. A reviewer must be objetive and not give marks based on his subjetive idea about beauty and art in a game. Above all must be objetive about graphics, as is something that all of us finish seeing in person.. and COD 6 is like COD 4 but with better character textures and more sparks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so are there any MP comparisons out? I'm wondering whether to get the PS3 or 360 version.

PS3 runs quieter and has free online (even though the network isn't as good as Live) but I prefer the 360 controller for shooters. So which has better graphics will swing it for me

And does the game still support 4 player split screen? Are all the maps playable in 4 player?

Last edited by a moderator:
GAF earlier was complaining about the PS3 version, about being unable to play with people outside your friends list, but there's no consensus and it might be intermittent. There's also some issue with trophies.

Ok, so are there any MP comparisons out? I'm wondering whether to get the PS3 or 360 version.

PS3 runs quieter and has free online (even though the network isn't as good as Live) but I prefer the 360 controller for shooters. So graphics will swing it for me

The best choice is probably the platform with the friends you like to game with the most.

I just passed the Hornet's nest stage, so far not so impressed. It's more of the same as MW1 with the same infinite enemy respawn, cheap aiming, sub par AI and slightly touched up graphics. I did enjoy some of the set pieces and some intense gun fights though I just hope there're more of them in the third act. Regarding to graphics again, it certainly does not deserve anything above a 9 TBH but seeing how media power and popularity tend to dictate the scores these days I;m not one big surprised by IGN's rating at all. Will report back.

Shucks. Forza 3 and MW2 (360) becon :p We have a pretty solid group of guys from B3D (Robert, Scott, Timberwolf when he gets back, AlStrong, NRP, etc) that are on regularly and MW2 will be a major convergence point.

I'll jump in after I'm done with the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age sequels. ;)

Back