[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

What is so new about the Quake 3 engine? Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Infinity Ward always does a good job.

By that metric almost every game in the industry used Q3 :LOL: And yes, I am aware they have used the engine as a starting point (as have many others).

First screens out !!!!!!
http://www.psu.com/viewimage.php?id=29263

site_call-of-duty:-modern-warfare-2-ss-4.jpg

Everyone's going frosty ! Uncharted2, BF_Bad company2 and now Modern Warfare 2 :D !

Looks good. When all is said and done, I'm not expecting it to look any better than CoD4/Cod5 and IMO, that's not bad at all. They've got an extremely good ps3/xb360 engine that runs at a solid 60 fps. Here's hoping they stay focused once again and deliver especially on the gameplay side.

Also, a bit more support would be appreciated this time. Glitching on PS3/CoD5 is terrible and one of the reasons why I stopped playing the multiplayer.

Not a huge graphical leap from the 1st, but it's good enough I guess. The added underwater action appeals to me greatly, I hope they pull a "Rock" on me.

Not a huge graphical leap from the 1st, but it's good enough I guess. The added underwater action appeals to me greatly, I hope they pull a "Rock" on me.

I'll take rock solid 60fps over graphic improvements. The other games look good enough, and I think sacrificing the performance that helped make the game so popular would be a terrible idea.

More details from Game Informer:

Soap is in the game as a "grizzled vet" NPC.

Single player enemies will have "customized" weapons similar to the multiplayer component of COD4.

The ice mission shown to GI demonstrated the game's open-ended approach to combat, showing how stealth can be implemented if the player chooses.

While the gameplay is open-ended, the story is "on-rails".

Infinity Ward realizes that the "invisible line" where enemies will stop coming in COD4 wasn't great, so they're trying hard to eliminate that. Also, they are lengthening the single player past the 6-10 hour mark of COD4.

"Special Forces Mode" is a major part of MW2, a series of missions in the spirit of the Mile High Club from COD4. It will also have co-op in this mode. Gears-style bleed-out-and-partner-revive will be used.

Co-op apparently won't exist in Story Mode.

Riot shields will be implemented in the game.

Zakhaev's former associate, Makarov, is the "new face of global terrorism."

Snowmobiles are used as a form of escape in the demonstration. Unclear whether or not the player will drive, shoot, or both.

Players will alternate using the two triggers to climb ice-walls.

Movable turrets will be used in SF mode and Single Player, no official word on online use.

IW wants to implement an accomplishment system to online, as they want to make their players famous.

Online mode will use a "Live-Patching" system, where IW can manipulate spawn logic or certain parts of a multiplayer map without doing a full-blown patch.

Another demoed area shows an enormous desert setting where Task Force 141 drops into a wasteland and must navigate a "lengthy trek" to a fully-rendered valley with scattered caves, reminiscent of Iron Man.

IW is focusing on details for the COD4 sequel, citing iced-up tire treads in the Russian level.

The game will run in 60fps.

Fix the endless spawning enemies and it'll be all sorts of win. Ofcourse the MP will be top notch.

Sounds cool ! Climbing Ice walls in First Person can be weird though.
The desert location excites me :cool: !
Open ENded gameplay as in MGS 4? Multiple paths to a location? Uncharted 2 is doing the same thing, makes more work for artists but a better game for players !

No co-op!! ...so the online can't be any good.
Hopefully the single player experience will shine.

This is a rather ridiculous statement.

First of all CoD4 MP was hailed by every reviewer in the world as brilliant (no way a 6 hour SP game would have gotten 95% average). No reason for MP to be worse this time around is there?

Second, there is co-op in the Spec Ops missions (similar missions to the aircraft level in CoD4).

Well, I'd be curious to see what they do to significantly differentiate the MP then (besides new maps).

I don't think they need to, the name itself can sustain the title even if its just new maps. But then, its IW, they re-invented the COD series with MW and they can sure juggle things up again.

Well, I'd be curious to see what they do to significantly differentiate the MP then (besides new maps).

I'm sure there will be new game modes, new perks or other bonuses, new and probably more weapons. Maybe some other gameplay tweaks, or some additions to the kit aspect of the game. They could do a lot to freshen things up while maintaining the core of the gameplay.

Well is sounds like the are at least trying to fix the game play choice of using inf enemy respawners until you get pass some magical point...

The rest sounds interesting!

They've actually said no such thing. They said they're studying the idea of not having invisible lines. They apparently said something very similar for COD4.

Like the previous CoD's, I have no intentions of tyring to suffer through Veteran until they actually make use of AI like a good game would (Halo3, Gears, Killzone). Hardcore is good enough for me.

The spec ops co op mode sounds like Terroist Hunt from Rainbow Six games, which would be quite fun (ofcourse, they would still need to improve the AI).

However 90%+ of my time will be spent in the best MP of this generation and on that front, I have full faith in IW to deliver.

A shame online co op won't be in. Something I really enjoyed in Cod5. it's a lot more fun completing the single player experience with friends and it seemed like something that doesn't require that much effort to build in...

The meat will be the MP mode though.

The last thing I want is no MP achievements. Keep all of them SP and I will happily buy the game.

I just hate it when people play online for non gaming purpose.

Back