[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In a shocking, absolutely shocking turn of events, it seems like Activision is making Call of Duty 4 2. That's right. Activision is making a sequel to Modern Warfare. It's now confirmed.

As has been said this isn't exactly a surprise. It'll be interesting to see how their tech has advanced over the (two?) years. It'll also be interesting if gameplay wise it's significantly different from it's predecessor, I've never been much of a fan of the 'overwhelming odds' game style of CoD.

Fun watching gaf implode though. :yes:

Fun watching gaf implode though. :yes:

I was actually hoping to see this instead :oops:

Gamespot Live Blog said:
8:14pm PST Mega64 guy dressed as Solid Snake runs amok--and runs into Hideo Kojima. Kojima glares at the comedian, picks up his phone and says "cancel all my appointments." The two start running around together.

In a shocking, absolutely shocking turn of events, it seems like Activision is making Call of Duty 4 2. That's right. Activision is making a sequel to Modern Warfare. It's now confirmed.

Well who were you expecting to make a sequel to COD4? Nintendo?

I don't know what 'shocking, absolutely shocking'. Were you expecting COD6 to be set in space?

And what's all this hoo ha about it being multiplatform? , COD has always been MP

Well who were you expecting to make a sequel to COD4? Nintendo?

I don't know what 'shocking, absolutely shocking'. Were you expecting COD6 to be set in space?

And what's all this hoo ha about it being multiplatform? , COD has always been MP

He was being overly sarcastic...

Could we get a more unwieldy title please? I mean, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 is just too simple for me.

Anyways, hope it's on a new or at least significantly upgraded engine.

Could we get a more unwieldy title please? I mean, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 is just too simple for me.

Anyways, hope it's on a new or at least significantly upgraded engine.

Just call it COD6 then.

It's running on the same engine, some of the images shown in the trailer look in engine (ie. not CGI).

And COD4 ran on a new engine, so it's unlikely that they're going to change their engine every two years. I think there will be some improvements but not anything astounding.

They'll still want it to run at 60fps. Perhaps they'll use any gains instead to create larger/ more immersive environments or setpieces (eg. maybe they'll add vehicles like COD5).

Why? it isn't that funny. So what's the point of the sarcasm, it's not like if he said Treyarch was making it or something.

The point of the sarcasm was that, before the announcement Geoff Keighley was hyping it as a big surprises which even prompted the thread starter to post this in the Mass Effect 2 thread, thinking that, this surprise multiplatform title must be Mass Effect 2, which actually would have been news. Now we got this news that everybody already knew. So the sarcastic remark was right on money and I thought it was funny.

The point of the sarcasm was that, before the announcement Geoff Keighley was hyping it as a big surprises which even prompted the thread starter to post this in the Mass Effect 2 thread, thinking that, this surprise multiplatform title must be Mass Effect 2, which actually would have been news. Now we got this news that everybody already knew. So the sarcastic remark was right on money and I thought it was funny.

Lol, oh ok. It makes sense in that context.

Thats not it's name though..

It's a nickname (and technically it is COD6). Or you can continue saying "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' all the time.

Why? it isn't that funny. So what's the point of the sarcasm, it's not like if he said Treyarch was making it or something.

It's in reference to a few news outlets making the announcement of MW2 some big surprise. We knew it was coming since the end of last year. It's not like we're dealing with a publisher/developer with an aversion to sequels. No More Heroes 2 was a surprise, since SUDA 51 had never made a sequel to any of his games (probably not by choice). This is barely news.

I will call it COD 2009, it's like the Madden franchise at this point. The last COD I bought was COD2 on the PC. I played COD 3 & 4, but the formula gets stale.

Back