[PC] Max Payne 3

I suppose I should have known that there could be controversy about Doom3's gameplay. If there can be, there will be. :) It's cool. Everybody has some average (or worse) game that they love for some reason.

Has anyone seen good captures of Max Payne 3 on the PC? I'm looking for user gameplay, just to see how it looks maxed out (pun intended).

I suppose I should have known that there could be controversy about Doom3's gameplay. If there can be, there will be. :) It's cool. Everybody has some average (or worse) game that they love for some reason.

Or the opposite ;) ! Anyways, I cam here to ask for Max Payne 3 screens ! Whats wrong with B3D these days. No awesome screens in uber res with super mods or anything. I guess I am missing Nebula, he was always ready with some awesome screens !

B3D activity has seriously dipped, btw. Even the console forums which used to buzzing with activity two years back are almost empty now, save for a few guys.

A bit late to join the party, but this game runs like a dream on my antiquated laptop with a Core 2 Duo and a measly Radeon 4670 card... could set the graphics to DX 10.1 (Is this like the only game to offer this option ever?) and textures to very high with minimal penalties to framerate...

Good job on the excellent PC optimization this time around Rockstar... hoping that your upcoming GTA V release will be similarly optimized...

i want noclip in max payne 3 to see the areas....

is all of them just empty thing, or there hidden area leftover from scraps like Mafia II. (open world game that being made linear)

Im surprised that the 6950 is about 40% quicker than the 560ti
Also interesting is the shift ive seen to promoting you need 60fps to be playable.
The Radeon HD 5870 with 39fps, the 6870 with 38fps and the GeForce GTX 560 Ti with 37fps were all too slow in our opinion for these quality settings

I'm playing this game at the moment anbd I've got to say it's probably the most under rated graphical experience of this generation. I'm playing maxed out (lol) in 3D and it's absolutely stunning. I can honestly say that I think it's more impressive than both BF3 and Crysis 2 maxed out (I've not played C3 yet). I'm also playing Just Cause 2 and a heavily modded Skyrim in 3D and MP3 makes JC2 look butt ugly while even the mighty Skyrim which is a vision in 3D looks only "good" by comparison.

Add to that the gameplay which is superb, if a little dragging on the cut scenes and this has go to be one of my top games of the last 12 months.

It's too bad so many people wrote this game off their lists before they ever played it because the cover looked too "sunny." It really is one of the best shooters in quite a while. If I had a high-end PC, I'd be playing it every day. I'd love to see how it looks at a solid 60 Hz, and absolutely maxed out.

I saw mosty cutscenes. ;)

There was also a nonsense problem with Social Club that caused many people to be unable to login and play. It stopped recognizing that your account was registered with the serial. It took 3 weeks for Rockstar to respond to my support email. After a week of waiting I just acquired a BS-free version of the game but got bored with it anyway.

It does look pretty. The facial animation is often creepy though.

It's too bad so many people wrote this game off their lists before they ever played it because the cover looked too "sunny." It really is one of the best shooters in quite a while. If I had a high-end PC, I'd be playing it every day. I'd love to see how it looks at a solid 60 Hz, and absolutely maxed out.

I agree. I loved it and think that it is super fun playing it! And yes, 60Hz at near max is breath taking...

MP3 is a great game, but I think it's very uneven in how it parcels out the cutscenes vs the gameplay. It is especially bad at the beginning where you play for a minute, then you have a few minutes of cutscenes. It gives an initial bad impression that you've lost control of the game as it goes off and does it's cutscenes every few minutes, usually for longer than you've been playing.

However, if you give the game a chance and persevere for a few hours, it all gets much better and the game shines.

It's too bad so many people wrote this game off their lists before they ever played it because the cover looked too "sunny."

Indeed, I may have even had early doubts myself in this thread but I couldn;t have been more wrong. This game is 100% Max Payne. It has exactly the same dark brooding atmosphere as the first 2, just with a greater variety of environments.

I liked max 3 just wish the game woudnt take control away from you every couple of minutes. Thats my only real complaint about it

Back