[PC] Max Payne 3

It's already announced for PC! They haven't said if it's day one though.

Don't know how anyone that likes Max Payne couldn't be excited about this one! That's some trippy motion blur on Max during bullet time.

Yup! Did my research after posting! :p
The only thing I'm concerned about now, is the quality of the port...
If it's like GTA4 I'll have to pass...
Haven't had the chance to check out LA Noir, and RDR, so I can't really say if they did a better job porting those games. :???:

There is no reason that anyone should be worried about Max Payne 3.
1. Approach door/gate/hallway to next area.
2. Quick save.
3. Enter the door/gate/hallway.
4. Eat kilo of lead, while trying to memorize locations of enemies.
5. Quick load.
6. Enter the door/gate/hallway.
7. Pack kilo of lead to enemies at memorized locations.
8. Explore surroundings.
9. Goto 1.

(Disclaimer: I loved Max Payne experience in many aspects, except being forced to above "cheat" by fighting mechanics, especially later in game)

And BTW, if super slow reloading shotgun isn't instant-kill at spit range, I call it huge game design fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it a bit too early to judge ?

Maybe. But my personal experience is that if I don't like a game when I see it in video's, 99% of the time I don't like the end result either. MP3 probably won't be a bad game, but it's not going to be a real Max Payne game.

Did you even watch the video?

I did. Are you trying to claim the gameplay footage had anything to do with mp1&2?

1. Approach door/gate/hallway to next area.
2. Quick save.
3. Enter the door/gate/hallway.
4. Eat kilo of lead, while trying to memorize locations of enemies.
5. Quick load.
6. Enter the door/gate/hallway.
7. Pack kilo of lead to enemies at memorized locations.
8. Explore surroundings.
9. Goto 1.

(Disclaimer: I loved Max Payne experience in many aspects, except being forced to above "cheat" by fighting mechanics, especially later in game)

And BTW, if super slow reloading shotgun isn't instant-kill at spit range, I call it huge game design fail.

Maybe, just maybe.... you kinda sucked at the game? :p I never really had to do what you said.

have to agree with tongue here...never had much problems in beating the games excep at the last level when the numbers of people would just get ludicrous especially the first game...but what a rush that game was. If they released the first 2 games in "HD" with upgraded textures and DX 11 tech then you know what I would get that in a heartbeat.

Maybe, just maybe.... you kinda sucked at the game? :p I never really had to do what you said.

Oh really? How would you explain that I didn't have to go this route in other FPS games? Let me give 3 examples:
- Painkiller (action side of the spectrum)
- Black Hawk Down (tactical side, one shot - one kill, 1 save per level)
- Half Life 2 (kind of middle ground between the above)

Perhaps maybe, just maybe, Max Payne wasn't as perfect game as it seems to us more than 10 years after playing it.

The PR videos are working their magic. Max Payne is dead, I don't see him or his city anywhere, yet everyone is tripping over their feet to praise the mighty f**ked-up thing being called Max Payne 3 :rolleyes: ! Just look at the rain in the city rooftops part of the video and tell me you don't cringe at its sight :devilish: ! MP and MP2 did rain soaked city better than this next gen shit. It ain't Max Payne.

Call it GTA: Episodes of a Drunk Bald Cop and I am OKAY with this game, but not as Max Payne 3. Its a pity a mighty dev as Rock* has fucked up a series so bad that it completely lost its charm, character, ambience and lead character ! :mad:

Looking at the video and reading through that rant I can't help but to feel, that perhaps the problem is at your end. Inability to enjoy something only due to it's name is:

weak and pathetic!

/Shao Kahn

Not due to its name, but it not being what its name is ! I have no problem if its a GTA spinoff. They killed Max for this shit, thats the problem.it does not stop me from enjoying it as a separate game, but they are just slapping on Max's name on a game which bears no damn resemblance to it. Its like selling me a COD by putting a Battlefield name on it. Can you enjoy a COD if you were promised a BF game ? No, right?
They can make great games and sell them to heaven, but calling this a Max Payne game is just trying to sell a game using an established IP. thats all. This ain't Max payne game in character, ambience, presentation or focus !

Nothing wrong with the game as such. but then it aint Max. and I got to say that if the thread says : Max Payne 3 !

I can honestly tell you that if a game is good/great, I could not care less what it's name is. I understand you and other people want more old Max, but Remedy signed the IP off and often new owners want to do something different. The basic shooting mechanics look like an evolved version from the older Max Payne games.

I, too, can enjoy a good game anytime :) ! Just don't give me carrots in a box labelled tuna, is all I am saying.
They could have made this game with any other name. Why Max Payne ? Why not name it the next Matrix game, if Bullet time is all they were gonna keep from the originals. This game as much Matrix as it is Max Payne. ts as much GTA too.

How is this not Max Payne? It is not pretentious enough? We haven't seen any of the story elements.

Is it that you travel? It only has to be in New York?

Don't judge it until it's out.

How is this not Max Payne? It is not pretentious enough? We haven't seen any of the story elements.

I have to agree with this. I haven't seen anything in the videos that seems too far off of Max Payne, especially from a gameplay perspective. What's been shown is far more similar to Max Payne than it is to GTA. I would have been ok if the new game was set at night in a rainy or snowy NYC, but the fact that there are some scenery changes doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Brazil isn't melancholic enough setting (or rather, it's melancholic the wrong way)

So having not played the game, or seen any extended pieces of narrative, or the new "animated comic" scenes, people are deciding the game has the wrong tone, atmosphere, subject matter etc.

I hate to break it to all of you, but NYC is not a dark and miserable place of perpetual and pervasive violence where it snows or rains constantly. The sun does rise in NYC. What I mean by this is that whatever preconceived ideas you have about Brazil, they can make Brazil to be whatever they want it to be. They can make it as dark and miserable as they want. Yes, there are some daylight scenes. That's about the only thing I can see that distinguishes what they've shown of Max Payne 3 from the previous titles. I could be wrong, and maybe the game will be considerably different, but so far there's nothing in the videos to lead me to that conclusion. I'll wait and see when the game is out.

PC shots

max-payne-pc-0661t04on.jpg

rsg_mp3_pc_011wi62w.jpg

max-payne-pc-0561s44c8.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/screens

btw there is a nvidia profile with Dx 1X SLI flags..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back