Bioshock 2

DrJay24

Veteran
I read some of the Game Informer article on the next Bioshock game, 10 years in the future. I was very disappointed, it looks like they are phoning this one in. It literally looks like DLC for Bioshock. Same location, same enemies, same powers, etc.

Sure I am over simplifying it, but it does not look like they want to deviate from the first game much at all. Anyone else get this vibe?

I actually don't mind the Bioshock look. The only jarring part is the chunky enemy character model. Even so, they are stylized and don't really detract from the gameplay.

I actually don't mind the Bioshock look. The only jarring part is the chunky enemy character model. Even so, they are stylized and don't really detract from the gameplay.

I don't mind the art design, I'm more concerned with running around the same place fighting the same stuff. I was hoping they would move the story to a new locale and maybe develop some new bad guys.

Umm, did you not see the Big Sisters?

Tommy McClain

I thought I read a little sister returns (10 years later) and starts the story back up with the harvesting eve via bringing back little sisters. It sounds like a plot device. I'll look again tonight.

I remember playing Bioshock on PC and being bored about an hour into it. The game really just turned me off with it's style of play and the "softness" of the game. The art was great, but the game itself really didn't appeal to me.

It's definitely a game that just clicks with the individual. I was drawn towards the environment and all the details that they took the time to create. I found it a rich immersive environment.

It looks like that with the player being
the big daddy that the big daddy experience will be "that much better". The player will be protecting the little sister AND be required to protect her in order to gather ADAM as opposed to harvesting the little witch. That the Big Sister will become mad at you for removing the Big Daddies is another angle. Will the little sister disappear at each level as you save them? Will you be able to adopt multiple little sisters?

I'm not too worried about returning to Rapture. I thought it was an inevitable move. The question was... can they do it well? I am curious as to how they can create the same creepiness and fear that I experienced. I would say that the scariest I felt was when those frozen statues would appear randomly in Fort Frolic after entering that room with the two rows of statues on the side. It just freaked the hell out of me as I went to the downstairs open area with the slight water level and the large, dark open area, and as I moved around the room, they would just....................appear. :O Scared the shit out of me even though it wasn't the typical "in your face" stuff.

Anyhoo... I have high hopes. I'm looking forward to
Big Sister stealing my ADAM when I least suspect it................... AND................well............... I want to believe the terrible part is that Tenenbaum made her own daughter a little sister who grew up into the Big Sister who returned to Rapture............... etc etc.

Back