Futuremark's Peacemaker benchmark

It won't run in Chrome.

Edit: Apparently it will judging by the 'most popular browsers' list. But not on my PC.

Edit again: Got it to work by clicking 'Run without system scan'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the point?!
It "tests" javascript speed per browser/CPU
Since when JS speed equals browser usability!?
Lies, damned lies and benchmarks? :p

Its largely pointless, but I could somewhat imagine benchmarks being used to claim the best, fastest browser experience in the near future.

They are probably sticking to their own schtick of trying to predict the future.

The front page has a "Most Popular Browsers" chart. IE is actually second least popular.
...Amongst the sample of people who went there which is a sub-sample of those who are technically minded enough to hear about the thing.

Ask Google or Facebook what is the most popular browser & you might get a better idea.

...Amongst the sample of people who went there which is a sub-sample of those who are technically minded enough to hear about the thing.

Ask Google or Facebook what is the most popular browser & you might get a better idea.

Yeah that was my point ;)

1282 in Chrome 1.0.154.48.

E6750 @3.2GHz, 4GB DDR2-800, Vista64, with the game Drakensang running in the background :smile:

Running the bench in a virtual PC with outdated drivers. WinXP, IE7, E8400, 4870 at 1680x1050.

262 points, sounds low but it is in a low-priority VM ( :LOL: )

Runs fine on mine, Vista 64 PC with the latest Chrome. No idea about my Java version though.

In the comparatives Chrome scores are only second to Safari 4.

Yeah I got it working and edited my post accordingly. Had to do 'Run without system scan'.

Why are Chrome and Safari so much faster in this test than everything else? In other words, what are these browsers good at that others aren't?

It's their Javascript engine. That is all the benchmark really tests.

Java is only used to gather system information, rather it installed Futuremark System info software in my case.

fyh9ms.jpg

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back