A Pretty Nifty Gamecube Tech Demo

There were two robot demos and the first certainly wasn't realtime. ;)
qft.

on xbox there was also "a girl with a hammer" demo, pre-rendered probably as the real game looked a lot worse.

i remember gt3 actually surpassing the gt2000 tech demo.
and tekken tag tournament surpassing the old 1999 tekken tech demo.
Guess they copied ms and nintendo with the ps3 (motorstorm, kz2, etc):p

qft.

on xbox there was also "a girl with a hammer" demo, pre-rendered probably as the real game looked a lot worse.

Well back then almost all games had super high res promo shots and often tech not there for final game. That was for all platforms. ;)

If you are reffering to the "Robot", "Butterflies" and "Pingo Pong" xbox techdemos then those where all realtime rendered.

None of those techdemos used to hype the Xbox ran on actual Xbox hardware, and not all of them were realtime.

*Butterflies Garden demo - realtime on NV15 - GeForce 2 GTS prototype.
*Ping Pong demo - also realtime on NV15
*'Two to Tango' Robot demo - completely pre-rendered CGI, not realtime. A later massively downgraded version was done realtime on NV15.
*Afro Thunder demo - same as Robot demo, it was pre-rendered CGI

None of those techdemos used to hype the Xbox ran on actual Xbox hardware, and not all of them were realtime.

*Butterflies Garden demo - realtime on NV15 - GeForce 2 GTS prototype.
*Ping Pong demo - also realtime on NV15
*'Two to Tango' Robot demo - completely pre-rendered CGI, not realtime. A later massively downgraded version was done realtime on NV15.
*Afro Thunder demo - same as Robot demo, it was pre-rendered CGI

Interesting but NV15 is much weaker than the NV2A in the xbox. So they could have done far more impressive techdemos on the NV2A. Or did I miss something?

qft.

Malice faced many pitfalls in its development. Originally an Xbox exclusive, it was ultimately released on both PS2 and Xbox. A lot of compromises were made, and it's meh-ness can be blamed on the final publishers (after several dropped it) trying to make a little bit of money on a chopped up quick release.

Wasn't this the - it is possible to playback HMV video on GameCube too - demo? ;)

i do not believe that a 700 mhz intel celeron can do this in realtime at 120fps as they are saying..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtl4fw-z9ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FGeqomYUyU
realtime demo.. of mpeg2 playback?

Did anyone even state (and I mean people with credibility to begin with) that "Two to tango" and "Ping pong" techdemos ran at 120fps!?

And it is 700MHz custom Celeron since it had some improvements over a PC celeron and it is CPU + GPU regarding Xbox HW layout with separate dedicated chips. That means the CPU isn't processing graphics related stuff as the EE would have to do.

And the last one is the pre-rendered one isn't it since it looks very different from the realtime screenshots and I doubt a NV15 could pull that off. Since I used to own a Geforce 2 GTS and saw what it was cappable of with it's techdemos vs the Geforce3 Ti200 I later bought and it's techdemos. Massive difference.

And I've yet to see any impressive techdemo for X generation/PC HW generation run above 60fps at that time, heck even 60fps might be very rare. And I said impressive techdemos. ;)

Did anyone even state (and I mean people with credibility to begin with) that "Two to tango" and "Ping pong" techdemos ran at 120fps!?

And it is 700MHz custom Celeron since it had some improvements over a PC celeron and it is CPU + GPU regarding Xbox HW layout with separate dedicated chips. That means the CPU isn't processing graphics related stuff as the EE would have to do.

And the last one is the pre-rendered one isn't it since it looks very different from the realtime screenshots and I doubt a NV15 could pull that off. Since I used to own a Geforce 2 GTS and saw what it was cappable of with it's techdemos vs the Geforce3 Ti200 I later bought and it's techdemos. Massive difference.

And I've yet to see any impressive techdemo for X generation/PC HW generation run above 60fps at that time, heck even 60fps might be very rare. And I said impressive techdemos. ;)

in the pingpong demo i supplied they state that it runs at 120fps

in the pingpong demo i supplied they state that it runs at 120fps

Most impressive then since it was demonstrated live with controller input, realtime. And the graphics handling with a NV15 (Geforce 2 GTS) chip instead of the way more potent NV2A that was in the final Xbox.

Back