Found the R3D/100 and more!

I recently tried out a Riva128 and found that it has some hardware issues. The most annoying is a tendency to pause whenever it needs to load a texture during a game. Discovered that in Jedi Knight. Pulled the card rather quick upon finding that.

The much-maligned image quailty is pretty good with final drivers.

Wow, I finally saw the card. All these years I had only seen the logo. It was rumoured long ago to be a Sega Saturn add-on for porting Model 3 games.

I have seen the R3D/1000 Pro from Sega Model 3 board. But it's nice to finally see it's little brother.

The Real3D/100 would've been a wonderful chipset for Sega to use in a console, to rival and surpass the SGI-designed RCP in Nintendo 64 and the Bulldog ASIC in the 3DO/Matsushita M2. Especially if the geometry processor, graphics processor and texture processor could be put onto a single piece of silicon. I doubt it would've had to have been delayed to 1997 like the M2 was. Imagine if Sega had a Daytona USA 2 or a beefed up Daytona USA, Desert Tank 2 and beefed up versions of Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Rally, plus Phantasy Star V and a 60fps 3D Sonic game, ready to go in fall 1996, all with better-than-Model 2 graphics. At worst, Sega would be 2nd place behind PlayStation, would've KILLED Nintendo 64 and M2 (if M2 had launched).

Lol I still run an i740 with real3d logo silkscreened on it in a dual piii tiger100 system. Always wondered about the logo, now I know a bit about it.

Back