[PS3] Killzone 2

Killzone 2 is trully amazing even though I am playing it on a standard television over at a friends house (due to financial reasons my PS3 is in storage and I cannot buy games) I really have to commend GG for wanting to do all of the hard work and time to make all of their graphic tool sets use the CellBE, RSX, BR, etc in the PS3.

It makes me have faith that console gaming will be alive and well and very exciting times await specially now that GG can make any game they feel like making, even if their next game is KZ3 or something new.

So far I am playing on normal and I am up to before the flying drone battle (I think)

I am also very much anticipating the next game Hideo Kojima's team is making as well as the new PS3 Gundam game by BandaiNamco BEC and also waiting to check out more from Insomniac Games and Sucker Punch's Infamous and also Heavy Rain.

I'm almost finished the game. Having trouble with the end fight. The last three levels are easily the best in the game. The quality of the levels seemed to get better around the train. It isn't that I hadn't enjoyed the earlier levels, but the last levels are a lot more fun. I'm not too excited about the big finale though.

What is the big finale ? You mean the cutscene in the end ? Or Radec's fight ? or storming the outside Palace ?

Is there any way for me (rank 0 as far as I know) to play with my friend, who is I think quite high ranked without changing accounts?

Ah, I popped back into KZ2 again after reaching another milestone at work last night.

Where are the PixelCounters ? [cricket calls]

Saw an active GAF Warzone but I can't join now because it's protected :(
[size=-2]Which one of you is almond- again ? You are in the GAF Warzone. What's the password ? ^_^
I need to eye-ball people at least once in Home so I can remember names better >_<[/size]

Saw an active GAF Warzone but I can't join now because it's protected :(
[size=-2]Which one of you is almond- again ? You are in the GAF Warzone. What's the password ? ^_^
I need to eye-ball people at least once in Home so I can remember names better >_<[/size]

It's NOT the GAF/Neogaf you think. ;) It's a local forum clan which has the same acronym. GA for Game and Animation. It's some kind of clan meeting, which I joined without entering password last night. I wonder whether the game distinguishes clan members or just tries a previously entered password without prompting.

The clan meeting also included a few ribbons sessions, and I've now completed those difficult air support ribbons. Only 3 of my 8 air support ribbons are obtained the right way by playing in very long games.:oops: It actually takes a bit of time (or luck) to get yourself killed by those birds. They bump into structures or each other to explode. They can shoot from within 10 meters while you're standing still and fail to kill before moving on to another target to repeat the same failure. Pretty hilarious to see I must say, but finishing a maximum length game counting only 3-4 kills is frustrating. I'm fine with the way the air support works, but think this ribbon requirement of 5 kills is a mismatch for what they are. They should change it to 2-3 kills, or may be a certain number of people revealed on map.

BTW, can I from another region visit the US Home without switching to a US PSN account?

:LOL: That figures !

BTW, can I from another region visit the US Home without switching to a US PSN account?

I think it's possible if someone from another region invite you. e.g., Arwin invited us to his EU Summer Home even when I signed in to US Home.

Yes, but you can only visit private spaces that way, not the main areas.

The more i play this game, the less i like it. My impressions:

Singleplayer: Aside from the graphics looking great, the whole singleplayer experience feels rather boring. (atleast as far as ive come - ive passed the desert map if i remember correctly).
Dont get me wrong, its all well polished etc, but i feel that there is a complete lack of innovation, in fact, every single combat encounter i have met in KZ2 sp, feels like something i have played before in a different game, under a different theme. The cover system is nicely done but takes away most of the challenge (atleast on veteran difficulty i sometimes go entire chapters without dying - and the few deaths i have are usually related to things i cannot control the first time i encounter the situations - being blown up by artillery strikes or getting a rocket launcher in my face the first time i entered radec academy).

Multiplayer: The more i play the multiplayer the less i like it.

The classes are horribly unbalanced, some are useless, others are very overpowered (snipers>>>heavy>>>all). this makes me allways play as a sniper (if the map allows it) simply because they are so freakin overpowered. One shot kill + invisibility + KZ2 is sloooow moving = very easy killing. Once you unlock the M4 revolve, you can also be deadly in CQC.

The games are laggy if you play with a lot of players, GG tries to hide the lag cleverly (by making your gun fire and bullets hitting on your screen instantly- just like in PDZ - but this is not the actual "truth") , some players dying seconds after ive shot them in the head tells the whole truth.

This is aspecially noticeable if you play sniper a lot - because you know exactly when you hit somebody if your cloacked. Tbh. Every player i know that report "no lag" in 32 player KZ2 games are simply not "clever" enough to notice it, once i point out that they should start looking at how fast people die in relation to when you shot them(for headshots or snipers or shotguns in close quarters - as its harder to know when somebody should die when your spraying them with bullets) , they report the exact same experience as mine.

The lag has nothing to do with my connection (10mbit - and i have no problems with lag in any other PSN game).

The netcode seems to be P2P based, not server side (which sucks for people wanting to play competively), atleast thats the only explanation i can find in my head, as to why some players will die instantly, yet other will die after a significant lag. If the netcode was serverside, all players should die at the same latency.

The maps are pretty bad. All the small ones are pretty bad, simply because CQC is not exactly KZ2's strenght, and if i want to play a run and gun CQC game - il rather play something like CoD. They are also way to small for your usual amount of players in KZ2.

The bigger maps are not so bad, i actually like some of them, but for some reason, i lately find no enjoyment whatsoever when i play online. I feel as if every match plays out allmost the exact same way.

I reckon im gonna keep it for a while (exam period coming up so i dont have time to play much anyway) and maybe finish the SP portion, but so far i have found no reasons for me to keep it, so far the only thing thats come out of me playing KZ2 is that my aim in 99% of all other fps games out there is worse than it was before.

Oste - Not to derail the thread, but if you aren't fond of KZ2 Single Player, I think it may be a case of being burnt out of the FPS Genre in general. Honestly, what FPS titles really innovate? Not Bioshock. Halo didn't. CoD4 didn't bring anything new to the table. There are certain things that come with the genre, and writing it off as "something you've played before under a different theme" is silly, IMO. I think you're suffering more from being burnt out on FPS titles in general, than you are KZ2.

The more i play this game, the less i like it. My impressions:

Singleplayer: Aside from the graphics looking great, the whole singleplayer experience feels rather boring. (atleast as far as ive come - ive passed the desert map if i remember correctly).
Dont get me wrong, its all well polished etc, but i feel that there is a complete lack of innovation, in fact, every single combat encounter i have met in KZ2 sp, feels like something i have played before in a different game, under a different theme. The cover system is nicely done but takes away most of the challenge (atleast on veteran difficulty i sometimes go entire chapters without dying - and the few deaths i have are usually related to things i cannot control the first time i encounter the situations - being blown up by artillery strikes or getting a rocket launcher in my face the first time i entered radec academy).

Multiplayer: The more i play the multiplayer the less i like it.

The classes are horribly unbalanced, some are useless, others are very overpowered (snipers>>>heavy>>>all). this makes me allways play as a sniper (if the map allows it) simply because they are so freakin overpowered. One shot kill + invisibility + KZ2 is sloooow moving = very easy killing. Once you unlock the M4 revolve, you can also be deadly in CQC.

The games are laggy if you play with a lot of players, GG tries to hide the lag cleverly (by making your gun fire and bullets hitting on your screen instantly- just like in PDZ - but this is not the actual "truth") , some players dying seconds after ive shot them in the head tells the whole truth.

This is aspecially noticeable if you play sniper a lot - because you know exactly when you hit somebody if your cloacked. Tbh. Every player i know that report "no lag" in 32 player KZ2 games are simply not "clever" enough to notice it, once i point out that they should start looking at how fast people die in relation to when you shot them(for headshots or snipers or shotguns in close quarters - as its harder to know when somebody should die when your spraying them with bullets) , they report the exact same experience as mine.

The lag has nothing to do with my connection (10mbit - and i have no problems with lag in any other PSN game).

The netcode seems to be P2P based, not server side (which sucks for people wanting to play competively), atleast thats the only explanation i can find in my head, as to why some players will die instantly, yet other will die after a significant lag. If the netcode was serverside, all players should die at the same latency.

The maps are pretty bad. All the small ones are pretty bad, simply because CQC is not exactly KZ2's strenght, and if i want to play a run and gun CQC game - il rather play something like CoD. They are also way to small for your usual amount of players in KZ2.

The bigger maps are not so bad, i actually like some of them, but for some reason, i lately find no enjoyment whatsoever when i play online. I feel as if every match plays out allmost the exact same way.

I reckon im gonna keep it for a while (exam period coming up so i dont have time to play much anyway) and maybe finish the SP portion, but so far i have found no reasons for me to keep it, so far the only thing thats come out of me playing KZ2 is that my aim in 99% of all other fps games out there is worse than it was before.
I am bored to read the whole post, but really I have a 2mbit connection and the worst thing that has occurred to me in terms of lag was someone dying 1sec after I have killed him.

I loved the multiplayer mode and based on your comments my first thoughts is that you didnt get the hang of the weapons and classes yet, hence your frustration with the maps and classes.

I only read this part and I suggest you to learn how to use Airbots & turrets ...

There is no way to dominate all games if you play as a sniper , no way ... If you ask me , except the Assault class , classes are very well balanced ... Actually , if you think you have limited rockets [ only 3 ] , it is kinda balanced too ...

Back