[PS3] Killzone 2

Which thread is it in now ?

EDIT: Found it: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1284333&postcount=120

I was wrong about KZ2 using shared AI tech. The AI debug screens do not look like the shared path finding technology Sony presented. The KZ2 AI subsystem also considered more parameters (e.g. thread suppression, friendly fire, ...). Perhaps the only shared AI tech is the (generic) job manager.

OTOH, I am surprised the animation portion uses Edge Animation, with some of their own extensions.

All the post processing and even animation do not seem to take up much time SPU time (based on 5 SPUs):
Motion Blur: 1.9%
DoF: 4.9%
Animation: 2.5%
Bloom + ILM: 2.6%

Anyway, more in the slides. I'll go find the Resistance ones now.

UauH! I achieved the ranking of general and without breaking any more controllers 8).

Please revive my memory - is this the first game to use invisibility and disguise in multiplayer?

UauH! I achieved the ranking of general and without breaking any more controllers 8).

Please revive my memory - is this the first game to use invisibility and disguise in multiplayer?

Not at all, Team Fortress 2' spies can do both. In original TF spies could use disguises, but I'm not sure about invisibility. But I think invisibility dates all the way back to Doom, except as a powerup. As a 'class ability', the predators could do it too.

I'm still in one of the sargeant levels !

The thing that's "special" is the mixing of secondary abilities, and the soldier classes (air drone + spawn grenades for Tacticians, disguise + C4 for Sab, ...). If we look at the individual abilities, we should be able to find similar examples elsewhere.

Does anyone know the easiest way to beat Radec in the Palace?

I am playing it in the hard difficulty mode and the wave of enemies he is sending are really really driving me crazy!!

I'm mad.
After the servers were down on Monday evening, I eventually got into the online mode at about 10.30 p.m and was able to play for good 2 hours. I had unlocked difficult medals, upgraded my classes and had done about 80 kills to 40 deaths.

Nothing was counted and nothing is in the statistics. And they were ranked games. After I started playing again last night, I noticed that many of my previously aquired medals and abilities were gone again. And my K/D isn't better again! :devilish:

Anyone else experience this?

I'm mad.
After the servers were down on Monday evening, I eventually got into the online mode at about 10.30 p.m and was able to play for good 2 hours. I had unlocked difficult medals, upgraded my classes and had done about 80 kills to 40 deaths.

Nothing was counted and nothing is in the statistics. And they were ranked games. After I started playing again last night, I noticed that many of my previously aquired medals and abilities were gone again. And my K/D isn't better again! :devilish:

Anyone else experience this?

Ive experienced this many times, i often played until i unlocked something, but then i come again next day and its gone. Happend on several occasions.

Some goes for kill stats. On another note, i did manage 95 kills and 23 deaths in one round on monday, which was nice. I was kinda hoping for reaching 100kills in one round but i guess it has to wait.

I've known that happen in Warhawk, not to me though. Is this a general PSN fault or a per-title issue with the game servers?

In my case, it's only happened once. Call of Duty sufferes a lot from this, which is why lot of their statistics are very off and can't be taken seriously. In regards to KZ2 though, I have been very impressed so far. It has only happened on monday after their servers were offline for a few hours. Maybe bad luck. :(

Hope this doesn't become a habbit!

I've had some slow updates in Killzone2, but they eventually showed up.

At the end of one of my matches I unlocked a badge. When I left to look at my overall stats, it hadn't registered. I started a new game and the badge wasn't unlocked. I think I left that game and after a while it finally updated. It was kind of weird to unlock something and not be able to use it right away, but it wasn't a big deal.

Played a bit of online MP Killzone 2 last night (Warzone option?). I didn't think it was that special and after a round I went back to play from one checkpoint to the next in SP.

Been playing single player kz2 campagin.

jesus christ some of the fire fights are insane, im upto the bridge level and christ theres stuff coming from everywhere. Mad fun aswell.

I try to continue with my Elite savegame from time to time. Finally I have managed to get to the checkpoint where the doors to the balcony open in the last fight. I can get to the point when the RPG guys spawn, there`s another checkpoint after I kill those , right ?

In MP it`s going upwards slowly but steadily ... I`m the suicide and teamkill master of the clan though :LOL: that damned RPG :devilish:

One of my checkpoint saves is messed up and it's making it really really hard on me. I'm on the cruiser level clearing the gunnery deck(?) of enemies. I chased an enemy down a flight of steps and it saved. I killed a number of guys and eventually died. When it reloaded, I appeared at the bottom of the steps I ran down with one enemy directly in front of me with his back to me and with another standing directly behind me. I basically load up getting shot in the back and can sometimes manage to scramble up the stairs, but I usually get picked off before my health can fully recover. Hopefully I can get through without restarting the entire level.

Actually, if you use chapter select, you can choose from several checkpoints within a level to start from. You might not have to replay a lot this way.

Actually, if you use chapter select, you can choose from several checkpoints within a level to start from. You might not have to replay a lot this way.

Oh cool, I didn't know that. I never looked at chapter select. I just assumed it would start from the beginning.

Back