[PS3] Killzone 2

The fact that they're increasing bodycount kills confirms what I had said, that it's really about all the killing. There's really little mention of rebalancing objectives.

Ehm, this just addresses that the bodycount phase is over too soon?

They should remove the spawn protection when respawning from grenade spawnpoints. That should force players to place them in more secure locations or force them to respawn back at the base if they want to survive longer.

And reduce the number of players on each map. As far as I can see there is only 1 map that can handle 32 players without turning to chaos.

Properly balancing the classes and badges should also help. Medics, Engineers and Tactitions are a rare sight on higher ranks, while there are plenty of Scouts, Assualts and Saboteurs. And its not surprising as they let you make kills that much easier.

Ehm, this just addresses that the bodycount phase is over too soon?

It addresses that people create bodycount phases with the wrong settings. It's not unusual to see morons creating bodycount matches with 32 players that then end in 20 (or whatever) kills. Of course, even 100 is low for this. But it's not the only objective that needs some tweaking. I need a reason to want to plant bombs, rather than let the clock run out.

The fact that there still tweaking controls (and will continue to do so in future), just shows how much they got it wrong in the original release.

-Fix to Sensitivity setting where the weapon animation did not follow the reticule correctly.

That change might be for MP mode. Some people have been complaining about "lag" there. May be it's a controls bug. The SP controls have been tweaked in the last patch, I don't remember seeing any discrepancy. Then again, the patch may have introduced new bug(s).

-Controls. Seeing about giving more options.

This is just to let people remap keys like in KZ1 ?

It took a while, but in the end I finally got to play with Phil a bit and actually work together, although the matches were pretty hectic. ;) But I seemed to have been one of the few medics and revived Phil a few times as well as someone from GAF, who was my squad leader. Much fun was had! In the process I leveled up again so that I can now place my very own turrets, nice. Being a medic suits me though, and it's a strong team advantage, that I think is sometimes clouded by not being as clear a personal advantage. It's bringing my K/D rate down for instance, but instead I revived 55 team-mates. ;)

The join friend feature seems to work pretty well.

Are you one of those guys who will revive anyone? I hate when medics just revive for the sake of scoring points, even when there is slim to zero chance that you will survive upon revival

I played with Ostepop, which was not very smart, considering I'm only a sergeant and everyone else were generals. He sniped me thrice and I had no idea where he was (whoever thought invisible snipers was a good idea anyway), but I killed him once with the shotgun, which was luck really.

Because the shotgun is really bad, it takes two shots two kill people most of the time, and there's a delay between pulling the trigger and it firing, which means at close range when you're swinging your reticle around you can miss, due to the delayed firing.

The MP is really clumsy, it feels like your fumbling around and even on higher ranked matches people run past each other etc.
I hope I'll still be able to be competitive at my other shooters after this KZ2 stint.

Last edited by a moderator:
but I killed him once with the shotgun, which was luck really
Gah i have to stop trying to level up my C4. I end up trying to throw it at people in stead of shooting them, and since the C4 only blows up, sometimes(!!!?!?!?!), this is not a particularly effective tactic :) Not to mention range issues.

I threw 2 C4's, 1 landed right next to you, but nothing happend :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah i have to stop trying to level up my C4. I end up trying to throw it at people in stead of shooting them, and since the C4 only blows up, sometimes(!!!?!?!?!), this is not a particularly effective tactic :)

I threw 2 C4's, 1 landed right next to you, but nothing happend :(

Don't you have to press the detonator?

I know how you feel, I ran past a guy and he didn't notice me (and this was on a stairwell!) so I started melee swing at him but he backpedalled so I had to readjust and got him into a corner and started 'stabbing' him with the stock of my rifle, and I did this about 5 times but he just didn't die , then some guy came up from behind and shot me.

I should have just stood there and shot him instead, which is very counter-intuitive compared to other console FPS's.

There is no detonator, its proximity mines. While the C4 is pretty sucky (seems random to me if i kill somebody or not with it, even thought i tend to place atleast 2 c4's together), its very nice for covering your own ass as a sniper. Get into a good position, and cover your back by placing 3 mines :)

I need a reason to want to plant bombs, rather than let the clock run out.

I see people recommending smaller KZ2 games (for objective play). It's probably more manageable than full on 32P assault.

The propaganda radio objectives are easier (I completed a few in small games). The big ones... ha ha... I just stay out of harm's way and shoot people from behind.

I stay far and clear away from 32mp rounds. Aside from the sheer chaos and brevity of the matches, generally it's a lag fest.

To me, it felt like they just "Wanted to tack on 32 multiplayer online" as a feature for bragging rights- it really does play better with 16 people..

As for Sabo C4 charges.. I usually place 3 at a choke point. Like a small corridor leading outside their base and then go my merry way. Usually I get atleast 3-4 kills per map with them.

2 charges will kill a normal player
3 will kill an Assault class.

I stay far and clear away from 32mp rounds. Aside from the sheer chaos and brevity of the matches, generally it's a lag fest.

To me, it felt like they just "Wanted to tack on 32 multiplayer online" as a feature for bragging rights- it really does play better with 16 people..

Yup, i get the same feeling here. The lag in 32player games is huuuuge. (The netcode in KZ2 seems totally rubbish tbh, just with GG trying to cover up the lag as cleverly as possible)

Very few of the maps (like 2 or something) are big enough to even support 32 players. Playing 16vs16 on the smaller maps just doesn't work. To many chokeholds and way to many people.

I've played some excellent 4 against 4 clanwars today. It's perfect size to be able to communicate with everyone on your team to get some good teamwork going, and it's just enough players to keep the action going.

Finding clans to play against was a little easier through killzone.com, or we would send a challenge to one of the clans in a tournament if not enough clans entered it. You can see which clans subscribed to the tournament on of the pages.

KZ2 glitchers may lose PSN ID

http://www.destructoid.com/killzone-2-cheaters-could-lose-psn-ids-126558.phtml

The news comes via Twitter, that social networking site that most of you hate hearing about. The official Killzone Twitter made the stark warning, so any of you currently falling through floors or finding other nefarious ways to cheat death and claim an easy victory should be prepared.

"Glitchers risk losing their PSN ID altogether," warns Guerrilla. "We've been quite lenient so far but that's going to change."

I was finally able to play this during the weekend and I finished the single player campaign on normal. A bit short game as my playthrough time was 7h 16m. The special effects were quite spectacular and clearly the main reason for its appealing look.

The gameplay was solid and I unlike many actually thought that the final level was the best one. Imo the battles in the last level were the only ones, where I really felt that the scope was large and felt like I was fighting with blood in my mouth, great stuff.

I wish it were longer and maybe a few more enemy types, but on overal It was a nice ride.

9.2/10

Back