[PS3] Killzone 2

I dont think the magnum is any slower than the shotgun. I dont like the shotgun so i dont use it much, but the magnum doesn't feel particularly slow compared to it. The shotgun is terrible, up close its a once shot kill (which is why many noobs like it) the big hit zone makes it easy to get a kill or two. If the enemy is more than 15 or so metres away, you dont do much damage at all. I think the shotgun up close is more powerful, (if your really really close) but its close. The magnum will kill the lower hp classes etc in one shot, a heavy i think goes down in 2. The magnum on the other hand is imo remarkably accurate if you crouch, its also has the advantage of being 100% effective at any range.

I mostly agree. When I spoke of firing rate in meant as a general comparison but not specifically to the shotgun itself. My frame of mind was more along the lines of how to survive against a magnum wielder. Chances are your weapon should have a larger hit box and a higher fire rate so the smart thing to do is to be as mobile as possible. With a shotgun just increase the distance between you and the attacker and you'll mostly win out just as you describe.

I won't complain about 100% accuracy across the map for the magnum or any gun because then I would be complaining about almost every FPS made with a MP mode...its not realistic to hit ANYTHING with an assult rifle from miles away especially moving targets. However, its a game so stuff like that is easy to excuse so long as I'm having fun.

CS is great, COD4 comes the closest to replicating it's feel on the consoles.

With KZ2, I'm already at the rank where you unlock the SMG and shotgun, and I usually place either 1st or 2nd.

The simultaneous death thing happens rather often, which is very unusual for an online FPS.

And melee is really hard to figure out, numerous times I've tried to melee a guy at close range, only to have him shoot me. It's too ineffective, you need multiple hits to kill enemies and it's very hard to judge range, also if you miss (thanks to the narrow FOV) you have to fumble around trying to find the guy again.

I think the reason melee is weak is that otherwise there'd be no point to the knife. A lot of those unlocks are annoyances, though.

It's funny that you ask, because I was just about to ask the same thing as well. There a few b3d members on my PSN buddy that seem to play KZ2. It would be great if we could get a clan going.

I thought "Project Abraham" was a R2 clan? Kittonwy was in the Gaf clan last time I played with him.

He started his own clan "GAFNA" because "GAF East Coast 1" is too small.

Someone starts something. I'll join in when I have more time to play. :(

Oh, and not many people use voice and those that do are inaudible even when they're spamming.

Does anyone know if I can use my bluetooth earpiece from my cellphone with KZ2? Does the PS3 let you do that, or do I have to buy their official headset.

It was to screw with tha_con I think.

This.

Though, I'm not mad at him :LOL:

Afterall, I don't enjoy the KZ2 experience too much, and the chances of me actually participating in any clan games in KZ2 are slim. My hands are full enough trying to build up my R2 clan and manage it.

Plus, Oste isn't a bad guy, so long as we're not in a heated debate :devilish:

Hmm... it should. I have paired 2 headsets and 2 keyboards to my PS3 so far. I notice that if the device has been paired with another system before, sometimes I need to reset it (or unpair it). Your mileage may vary.

You can only pair a device with one other device at a time.

i.e. if you pair your headset with your phone, and then pair it with your PS3, it will erase the phone information from the headset.

What problems are you having exactly, vanquish?

You can only pair a device with one other device at a time.

i.e. if you pair your headset with your phone, and then pair it with your PS3, it will erase the phone information from the headset.

What problems are you having exactly, vanquish?

Oh, I think its my earpiece, it's one of those minimalist ones that relies on pattern inputs to tell it what to do. I'll have to try and get it to work.

This.

Though, I'm not mad at him :LOL:

Afterall, I don't enjoy the KZ2 experience too much, and the chances of me actually participating in any clan games in KZ2 are slim. My hands are full enough trying to build up my R2 clan and manage it.

Plus, Oste isn't a bad guy, so long as we're not in a heated debate :devilish:

Did nobody see the white part where it says (joke) in the post about me making that clan?

Back