[PS3] Killzone 2

I'm still low enough rank not to run into these imbalances, I'm just getting tired of speed. There is no tactical elements, it's spawn, die, spawn, die... Grenade spamming, too many people in too little space. I need something slower, maybe SOCOM.

Back off the hotspots and try not to get killed, you'll enjoy it more, just like every other game, the difference with SOCOM is that you get killed long before you hit a hotspot and you'll end up waiting until the next round. People seem to like to rush in and get kills, you don't have to play like that.

Yap, I had to resist the temptation to join in the fight. I was annoyed because I had to miss the action and try to find an alternate route to out-flank the enemies. Although the quarters may be small, the map can be huge. Once I find a good killing spot, I had to get back as much lost time as possible to gain a decent total kills. Also had to survive long enough so that I don't have to die and track back to the same spot.

When I fight alone, I run into ammo shortage quite often. Is there a soldier class that supply ammo ?

The entry-level games are still more fun IMHO. I miss my noob battles in Salamun Market where everyone is a fair game to everyone else. Hopefully Guerilla Games can do something to expand the play-style of KZ2.

If they add party mode, I'd probably play quite a bit. I wouldn't mind playing with some of you guys. It just seems impossible to organize a group. Hopefully they can add some of this stuff before COD6.

I still have a KD rate above 1 (something like 1.18) now. I also like that the killzone.com website seems to be working fully again more or less ... I was watching one or two games today, and it seems to me to be a great tool for learning more about strategy, objectives and so on. You can basically see where people go and stand undetected and get a lot of kills, or how people deal with the various objectives. It's very cool.

I still have a KD rate above 1 (something like 1.18) now. I also like that the killzone.com website seems to be working fully again more or less ... I was watching one or two games today, and it seems to me to be a great tool for learning more about strategy, objectives and so on. You can basically see where people go and stand undetected and get a lot of kills, or how people deal with the various objectives. It's very cool.

Neat. I haven't checked that out. I think I'm at KD rate of 1.33 or something. I'm usually around 1 in most games. I'd probably be higher in KZ2, but I let my friend play on my account and he actually did really well overall, but had a couple slow rounds when he was getting used to it.

Crap, why are you guys complaining about unbalanced game when you have higher KD ratio than me ? I'm not bitching too. I just need more time to work and play. :)

Crap, why are you guys complaining about unbalanced game when you have higher KD ratio than me ? I'm not bitching too. I just need more time to work and play. :)

Once I figured out how to fire the standard assault rifle with the dot sight at long range, everything was good.

Basically, if you tap the trigger, you get almost zero recoil. You can fire pretty fast just by rapidly tapping the fire button. At long range with the dot sight, you can be very accurate and deadly. The other big thing is to learn not to use dot/iron sights unless you're far away. When you're mid to short range, just shoot from the hip. There's enough lag compensation and aim assist that you really don't have to be very accurate. Just fire short bursts.

That's how I've managed so far. I haven't played any maps with all the badges unlocked yet, and once the sniping, tanking and rockets start hitting me, I think my KD will drop.

Oh, and a quarter of my kills are head shots. Those drop guys way quicker. I blindly sniped a few guys with head shots using the standard pistol at pretty long range, which must have pissed them off. It was an accident, but the kind of accident I enjoy.

Oh, and don't be too aggressive. The shooting mechanics are not suited to run and gun, despite the obscene damage some guys seem to be able to soak (not head shots though). Find the group of guys that are stupid enough to charge all the time, and stay close, but hang back a little bit. Clean up their garbage and look for guys at long range. Play support, not the hero. Of course, don't be a total KD whore, actually try for the objectives, but attack in a controlled manner.

Ha ha, thanks for the tips. The part about don't be too aggressive is certainly true.

And yes, Kittonwy keeps advising people to take short spurts of shots (pew-pew-pew).

Oh, and don't be too aggressive. The shooting mechanics are not suited to run and gun, despite the obscene damage some guys seem to be able to soak (not head shots though). Find the group of guys that are stupid enough to charge all the time, and stay close, but hang back a little bit. Clean up their garbage and look for guys at long range. Play support, not the hero. Of course, don't be a total KD whore, actually try for the objectives, but attack in a controlled manner.

Meh. This is not true. Shooting mechanics are perfectly suited for run and gun, that the only thing i do, except for lately, when i have been sniping.

The auto aiming at semi close ranges with assault rifles in this game makes run and gun a easy task, aspecially when there are alot of morons who use ironsights in CQC). The Revolver is also awesome in CQC, 1-2 shots will kill anyone.(except maybe a heavy on boost pills)

I average 1.5 KD with 1.1 kills per minute (last time i checked, tho i dont play alot so i doubt it changes), but 99% of the time im very stoned when playing, sober im alooooot better.

What you say about shooting like a semi automatic weapon is definately true, it yields accuracy on a totally different scale.

Meh. This is not true. Shooting mechanics are perfectly suited for run and gun, that the only thing i do, except for lately, when i have been sniping.

The auto aiming at semi close ranges with assault rifles in this game makes run and gun a easy task, aspecially when there are alot of morons who use ironsights in CQC). The Revolver is also awesome in CQC, 1-2 shots will kill anyone.(except maybe a heavy on boost pills)

I average 1.5 KD with 1.1 kills per minute (last time i checked, tho i dont play alot so i doubt it changes), but 99% of the time im very stoned when playing, sober im alooooot better.

What you say about shooting like a semi automatic weapon is definately true, it yields accuracy on a totally different scale.

I can't aim very well in KZ2. I just don't like the aiming mechanic at all. I had to adapt my game quite a bit. I find I can hit guys that are in motion ok, because of the aim assist, but once I add my own movement into the equation, I'm not that great. I can do it, but I'm much better if I stop, shoot and then move.

Went to play KZ2 last night and my disk just grinds inthe drive. Neither LBP nor CivRev had problems loading. No damage to the disk either as I keep perfect care of disks, from case to drive to case and nothing else. I've never experienced spontaneous disk failure before. :( Of course, I have to try it in another PS3 first to be sure.

You could try putting it in an actual PS3 instead of a 360? ;)

ontopic: Just finished KZ2 on the most difficult setting that is available from the beginning.The AI was really good, they felt like bots instead of 'regular game enemies'. Maybe that was because of the difficulty, i don't know.
What pissed me off is that i did not get a trophy for this achievement ( :p ) : finishing the game on the hardest setting from the beginning. I like uncharted better where it shows on what difficulty you finished it the first time.

Anyway, i'm ready for online now, tried it yesterday but had to get back to the singleplayer. So far, it looks very promising. I hope to play with you all one day :D

There, is thus kind of magnetism I've noticed in Skirmish mode (and assumedly MP), which bugs me. In that your crosshair sticks to the enemy (and the reticle changes from a + shape to an X).

It doesn't really gel with the game's 'hardcore' nature, was possibly implemented because the original aiming controls were so obtuse.

There, is thus kind of magnetism I've noticed in Skirmish mode (and assumedly MP), which bugs me. In that your crosshair sticks to the enemy (and the reticle changes from a + shape to an X).

It doesn't really gel with the game's 'hardcore' nature, was possibly implemented because the original aiming controls were so obtuse.

Its always been there.

It is there to let you know when you have a good line on someone. You will get the aim assist regardless. You will not see the X until you fire off a few shots and maintain a lock on your target.

It helps a good deal in long range fights because its an indicator that you're actually hitting your target because you can't see much otherwise.

It also helps to paint enemies behind the consistent thick smoke from grenades, dust etc. You can't see the enemy at many times but you can always make out the X if you draw a good line on a target and dust/smoke happens to swirl by.

The X isn't giving you anything for free as you have to earn it. It's just a secondary indicator of hitting your target in addition to blood splatter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always been there.

It is there to let you know when you have a good line on someone. You will get the aim assist regardless. You will not see the X until you fire off a few shots and maintain a lock on your target.

It helps a good deal in long range fights because its an indicator that you're actually hitting your target because you can't see much otherwise.

It also helps to paint enemies behind the consistent thick smoke from grenades, dust etc. You can't see the enemy at many times but you can always make out the X if you draw a good line on a target and dust/smoke happens to swirl by.

The X isn't giving you anything for free as you have to earn it. It's just a secondary indicator of hitting your target in addition to blood splatter.

I understand, I meant that the X indicates that aim assist is active, I have actually seen the aim assist drag my crosshair as it tries to follow an enemies movement.

Well run & gun is fine and I think it's more rewarding to kill from far in KZ2. You tend to survive longer.

Well run & gun is fine and I think it's more rewarding to kill from far in KZ2. You tend to survive longer.

How long you survive is an irrelevant measure in a game where there is infinite respawns ;)

Tbh, i find killing from afar in a lot of cases, not rewarding at all. The sniper rifle + cloak makes it unproblematic to get into a good position undetected. Killing slowly moving targets is not particularly challenging. Only potential risk is enemy snipers, but they tend not to figure out my positions (because im an ass and im going to find some obscure spot where im barely exposed visually at all, while i can see alot).

Alot harder to be successfull at run and gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played MP for quite some time today ! Had a lot of FUN :D,surprisingly, as I am not an MP person anymore.
I got the engineer badge today! How many turrets can I place?
If I die and my turret is still up and running, can I place another turret?

I am not a shotgun guy at all and the engg badge is forcing me to use the shotgun. I usually end up picking dropped assault Rifles.
Why can't engineers repair mounted guns ?

My favourite map seeems to be Helghan Industries for now. I don't know why, but I do well with an assault rifle in it.

Played some more last night, and today again. It's friggin hard work! But I enjoy it lots still. :D

Last night was terrible, it was late and there were so many die-hards at work, snipers, the odd rocket launcher. Mind you it was also a lot of fun because I was in a squad with someone whom I could actually communicate with and he was coaching me. My K/D rate got shot up severely though! :D But it helped today, when the competition was slightly less stiff and I could pick it up a bit again (1.10 now). Then I got my Medic badge which for a few games I ran around frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to use the revive thing (and nobody on headset to tell me either)! Finally it dawned on me that there was this thing called the d-pad ... :D Very useful I think (I noticed this also when I was being revived myself a lot last night).

Some maps really suit the shotgun, I've used it quite well so far. Overall though I also really enjoy the assault rifle a lot. Still really like the game, and the multiplayer ... it may take a while before I try the SP final battle in the palace, but then all the MP practice may just help. ;)

Back