New EA IP: Dante's Inferno

just played the demo... buttery smooth 60fps and I like the visual aesthetic of the game although some will probably find it to be cheesy. How dos this compare to God of War III demo if anyone has played it? Is it 60fps too?

I'll prolly pick this up if the reviews are good.
Visually, GoWIII is on another level IMHO. Performance wise, DI is a solid 60fps and GoW is 30-50. The GoW demo is based on the E3 build though, which is fairly old. Gameplay wise, personally, I enjoyed the GoW demo more.

I wouldn't go that far to say the GoW collection looks better (which is not to say the GoW collection looks bad either). It's a decent looking game all things considered. There's no way any last gen console could manage these visuals at a solid 60fps.

god of war collection

yes,it's that ugly,dante's inferno looks like a ps2 game :\

My thoughts exactly. I didn't see anything in the demo to suggest it was doing a lot.

...this game looks like a quick buck for EA and with that intention in mind I doubt they would have done much in the game to make the 60fps a real feat. Copied GoW mechanics almost completely and just put a different story with graphical differences unique to its engine.

Still looking forward to the cross console comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DevilgirlMayCry game is absolutely unplayable by someone allergic to the Japanese videogame aesthetics, which is taken to unimaginable extremes there.
Seems I am not the only one hating the style of this game (although it may be a good game to play, I just can't look at the screen without shaking my head and wondering about the designer of this game and their intentions)

with respect to Dante's Inferno: call me interested...it definitely makes fun.

I really liked both the Bayonetta and Dante demos. Bayonetta was off the chain, but with Dante I could see what was happening a little more clearly. I had the same problem though where I thought they were asking me to jiggle the analog stick and not press the button - the animation is really ambiguous.

Nice game, not great, based on the demo.

Combat I can see being quite interesting when you have more moves, starting yuo off with so few I think doesn't do it justice. Although I have been bored by the very long 1 on 1, boss?, fight at the start.

The QTE's are very poorly done. Maybe it's just my eyesight or slow reaction times, but I really struggle to get the right button the couple of times. I have to say I prefer GoWIII's positioning which correlates to the correct button. It means you don't need to pay so much attention to the button prompt.

Visuals: I'm probably going to be called blind, but I've never really noticed the difference between 60fps vs 30fps. As such have already preferred 30 with more eye candy. DI seems to have very flat lighting (to me), really horrible when you go from GoWIII to DI. The textures and effects (notably fire and water are terrible and i'd expect much better on both). Game seems to clean too - not being too up on graphical terms, there is a lack of substance to the air. at the end int he cave, where is the mist/fog/dust/ etc it's just too clean and thus lacks atmosphere.

Ultimately, I like the idea/story of the game. I think I will still pick this up, unless it gets slated on reviews etc, but will probably wait for it to go down in price a bit.

I liked it!

The story seems quite cool (nice take on christinaity) and the 60 fps really make a difference in gameplay. Blocking and countering works really nice and the choice you have when you grab enemies is really nice.

Might get this cheap.....

I didn't think the gameplay was good but it was functional, but function doesn't cut it, it shouldn't when there will be a TON of good games releasing around the same time.

Everything was all there but nothing was actually good, the camera wasn't great, the basic attacks didn't have that... pardon the pun, "visceral" impact. It's not about having the full moveset, most people won't use the full moveset, so the basic attacks have to be memorable and they aren't. God of War worked because square square triangle was cool and grabbing was cool, DMC worked because the stinger was cool and the juggle was cool, in gameplay THE SIMPLEST THINGS HAVE TO WORK THE BEST. The graphics was bland, even for a game full of brown, the fire effects were weak for a game trying to take the player through a journey through hell. The demo didn't do the game any favors.

Can't speak for the graphics other than that it reminds me of old school wrpg from ps2 era, in 60fps, but I rarely care about graphics in an action game other than art style.

The demo is better than I thought initially, I can see people enjoying the retail game because there will probably be a larger moveset, but the demo was pretty dull. It felt like playing a dynasty warrior game, but of course with a larger variation of enemies and a bigger moveset, enemy patterns are generally predictable and the moveset is all about area attack, and mashing through a crowd of enemies, with the dash and dull basic attacks it especially reminds me of that new multi raid DW game on jp psn, I could see it being fun for what it is.

It's probably just me but it feels like enemies don't really give you much feedbacks from slashes, pressing the slashes until the boss does his 3 seconds long animation for their attacks, dash to avoid that, and repeat until you get this really slow QTE made it rather dull, that and the button spamming health fountain makes me believe you're encouraged to follow that same pattern over and over and not get hit, because it made me not want to use that fountain behind a boss, I might remember wrong but you don't even get to use that fountain after you beat him since you're forced to ride him.

The demo was pretty good... had to adjust my graphic taste buds a little. The graphic artwork is somewhat stencil-like and very sterile in nature, but not a deal breaker. The game mechanics isn't anything new... mostly a reworked God of War system. But what I really like is the story, or take on the Devine Comedy literature (mostly Inferno). So yeah, I can see myself buying this in February...

Played the demo today. It was fairly decent, but I will probably wait for a used or price drop when I get it.

Right now I'm more interested in Bayonetta and Darksiders in the short time and then GOWIII in a few months.

I had a good time with the demo--I also appreciated the no compromise adult theme as well.

It's really too bad that there will be other action/slash-hack titles around the same time this game is being released.

Can't take your posts seriously when your writing this kind of nonsense....Dantes Inferno looks nice but not graphically amazing but it also doesn't look like a PS2 game either.....

I thought it looked pretty good for what it is. Nice art direction, solid 60fps and sharp textures. Some of the fire effects looked kinda weak though.

I thought it looked pretty good for what it is. Nice art direction, solid 60fps and sharp textures. Some of the fire effects looked kinda weak though.

I agree that the fire effects did look kinda weak as well...Hopefull the fire effects will get polished up before its release.Still, I liked the demo and the game will be a day 1 purchase for me..Playing this game will make the wait for God of War 3 pretty painless.Honestly, 2010 is stacked with a crapload of good games.Heck, I need to build myself a good gaming pc so I can play Deus Ex 3 since its a pc only title...

Demo was good. I think I'll buy this when it comes out. Definitely a GoW clone but it's unique enough in its setting, story, presentation, and combat mechanic that it seems worthwhile.

Demo was good. I think I'll buy this when it comes out. Definitely a GoW clone but it's unique enough in its setting, story, presentation, and combat mechanic that it seems worthwhile.

Finally got round to playing this, and I have to admit that I enjoyed the demo right up to the finish and was even a little disappointed that the demo stopped there. I don't think I"ll get it, but liked it more than Bayonetta for instance. And respect to the game for being such a fluid 60fps experience. It's an amusing popcorn ride, at least the bit you played in the demo.

i can swallow overall ugly presentation of this game, if thats the best they can achive at solid 60 fps im not impressed at all but hey not everyone have to be super ninja coder. But combat system is pretty boring i dont know maybe im to spoiled by bayonetta. I beat demo and i wasnt even sure if i had fun.
To bad this game was on my radar.

Just downloaded the demo...Wow, are you serious? Why not just call this "God of War360". The graphics and gameplay are exactly like GOW but not as polished, heck the main hero animates just like Kratos its scary. I can understand releasing it for the 360 but its pretty worthless for the PS3. Zero for originality, but at least the team knows how to program the frame rate and animation since they're very fluid through out the demo.

Back