[360, PS3] Lost Planet 2

You shall have my bow.

E_Legolas_bow2.jpg

Demo is out now (XBL)

GAF is going gah gah over the game play and graphics :LOL:. capcom knows how to make games, evidently. ;)

I almost don't want to play it knowing how long I have to wait for full release

Pretty cool. Couldn't really figure out what I was doing, but the weapons and vehicles are cool, the big monster is cool, and lots of wacky stuff happens. I like standing on the monsters back, and fighting the walking squids inside its belly.

Just played it last night, very nice improvement over LP. Things I liked other than the better graphics.

The dash feature
Ability to repair VS
Hanging onto VS
Sound of weapons
Ability to heal yourself and others
Skeleton VS
Ability to climb onto bosses.

Wow didn't realize the demo was out till today. I'm surprised there is so little activity in this thread. The game seems to be excellent based on the demo.

Ability to heal yourself and others
We can heal others ? Interesting , never noticed that.

Co-op demo is not so impressive imo. Control scheme is a nightmare , you have to press O to run and R3 to reload weapon. Using R1 & L1 to turn right & left 90 degrees is the worst part of it.

Graphics are ok , lighting effects are beautiful. I'd like to see Mirror's Edge 2 [ if there'll be one ] with MT Framework 2.0 engine. Excessive usage of motion blur is what irritated me while playing.

Yeah you are able to shoot TP packs at other players. Also on the radar map you can see which players are low on TP since all players share a Total TP gauge.

Regarding the control scheme, I didn't know the demo was available for PS3 so I just checke and it seems it was just recently released. Control scheme works well with X360 controller.

I was playing the ps3 LP2 demo with a friend on-line the other day. We noticed we were sometimes seeing different creatures. I'm running around shooting at something that he can't see (and which seems to be ignoring him) and he's shooting at stuff I can't see. It was really strange. He even saw me get knocked down but didn't see the creature. It was happening with the jumpy and rolly creatures but I don't think it happened with the boss at the end. Not sure about the flying things. We haven't tried again so I don' t know if it is normal. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Back