[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

I hope they'll introduce some legitimately good characters as well. Everyone seems to either be a selfish asshole, a merciless killing-machine or a combination of the two, but I guess that's par for the course if you want to do something "seriously dark" now these days. I really liked Liana, Garrus and Kaydan actually.

i wish me2 was done by Obsidian Entertainment same way as it was done with kotor - kotor2. I liked me it was great game but not so great rpg.

i wish me2 was done by Obsidian Entertainment same way as it was done with kotor - kotor2. I liked me it was great game but not so great rpg.

I thought it was good but only thanks to the cut-scenes and conversations/dialogues, the gameplay was the big drawback in my opinion.

Yes, the RPG factor in KOTOR games is IMO far superior to ME. Also ME2 using dynamic scenery shadows or baking galore like ME?

I saw some recent ME2 videos at GT and that womans face is CG right?

I read recently that all cut scenes were done with in game engine.

I'm really thinking of changing my soldier character to a Vanguard.... looks like a great combo for fun. I like how they have improved the
TPS nature of the game and the comparisons to GoW 2 or UC2 are flattering to me.

I wonder if the benefit will be any more than perhaps special cut scenes with specific dialog referencing past events.

I doubt there would be any gameplay mechanic that would be different. I also think I'd start playing a diff character, as I ended up playing a soldier by accident since I didn't understand the 'You can't change the last name' thing.

Which, on one hand, makes sense. You have to be 'Shepard' or the dialog doesn't work. Dumb, on the other hand, because why let you name your character at all then?

A recent Best Buy interview with Casey Hudson revealed that you'd initially get more stat points to assign depending on character level, so there is some benefit.

A recent Best Buy interview with Casey Hudson revealed that you'd initially get more stat points to assign depending on character level, so there is some benefit.

There is one character in my game that I'd like to remain dead. I don't know if any of the characters return to the game, but I want to make sure.

Yup, I'm gonna stick with the Soldier class. Vanguard is cool and all, but I like being able to use all weapons that I come across.

Haha yeah i was first thinking of changing my soldier from ME 1 to a vanguard in ME 2 but im now planning to continue as a soldier. Gonna love the adrenaline mode.:LOL::LOL:

I always go Soilder first in games. I understand shooting so I go with what's comfortable. As I learn the game, I'll switch to other characters later. I still have not clicked on any videos/info/spoilers about ME2 and I'm proud of that :D

I always go Soilder first in games. I understand shooting so I go with what's comfortable. As I learn the game, I'll switch to other characters later. I still have not clicked on any videos/info/spoilers about ME2 and I'm proud of that :D

Most resist urge to post all the info i can find ;)

Back on topic cant wait to see
wrex
in Mass effect 2.
Not sure how to edit so yeah wont post spoilers. Or even attempt to use spoiler tags

Looking forward to this title though I hope they add considerable more rpg than shooter this time around. The first ME was a decent and worthy title, but it really felt as if the story played a backseat in the game and everything was entirely too linear. Oddly enough I found the storyline very well done they just needed to elaborate on it quite a bit more.

Jan. should be a good month for rpgs with this and WKC releasing.

I hope they do something to modulate difficulty with character levels. The first Mass Effect was hardest when you were level 15-20, then became progressively easier as you levelled up. Once you were level 40 you could muscle your way through most encounters, even on insane.

Cheers

Back