Comment about ads on front page

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Not a complaint, just noticed they are all about death. I find it very amusing. :LOL:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 65
62 KB for such a lousy quality JPEG? What kind of software did you make it with? Holy crap.

The GIMP must have a bad JPEG optimizer when the quants are high. I tried saving a similarly sized screenshot of the frontpage in Paint.net and it looked better at the same filesize.

I saved the same screenshot to PNG and the PNG optimizer in Paint.net made it look perfect at under 2x the size of the horrible-looking JPEG. For non-photographs, PNG really is worth it. You don't get all that ugly mosquito noise around edges and you don't get all that horrible blocking you get when quants are high in JPEG.

I first saved it under MS Paint as a JPeg. I found the file size too big, and so I compressed it a few more times under GIMP.

I first saved it under MS Paint as a JPeg. I found the file size too big, and so I compressed it a few more times under GIMP.
Pardon? Why didn't you save the original in a lossless format and do the compression once? What you have done introduces quantisation errors which compound with more quantisation errors and so forth. It will (and has!) produce a total mess.

Now I am done. I sure know who will be the first to get the boot when something goes wrong! :yep2:

Back