Jen-Hsun Interview

Did he cry?

No, wait, that was the Roy Firestone show on ESPN where everybody cried.

I guess he's right that they "invented the gpu" in the sense that they were the first to call a 3D generating ASIC a "gpu". Not the whole story, of course, but technically correct.

I only watched the first 1/2, but I didn't notice any. Wouldn't really expect any given the interviewer/audience. Not that there's anything wrong with Jen-Hsun talking to a main-stream interviewer/audience --just a yawner for the hardcore.

He was definitely excited about Ion, including the accompanying Atom processor, and that sounded as it was the best thing Intel ever produced -- LOL!

Like Geo said, nothing special for this crowd. They spent a lot of time talking about NV as competition to Intel, which is where Ion and Atom came in: the art and science halves of the same interactive experience coin.

Two things slightly raised my eyelids: NV being in upcoming Audis (an intriguing toehold for an "augmented reality" windshield), and his experience with Star Trek gaming on a mainframe pushing him into 3D.

I've never really seen/heard him talk at length, and I was hoping for a slightly more dynamic or engaging interview, considering the subject matter is quite dry for most people. But I suppose he got his main points across--as calmly as possible.

Like Geo said, nothing special for this crowd. They spent a lot of time talking about NV as competition to Intel, which is where Ion and Atom came in: the art and science halves of the same interactive experience coin.

Two things slightly raised my eyelids: NV being in upcoming Audis (an intriguing toehold for an "augmented reality" windshield), and his experience with Star Trek gaming on a mainframe pushing him into 3D.

I've never really seen/heard him talk at length,
and I was hoping for a slightly more dynamic or engaging interview, considering the subject matter is quite dry for most people. But I suppose he got his main points across--as calmly as possible.

You should go to editors day sometimes ;) Jen Hsun can talk for hours ^^

There were a few flaws to what he said in that interview. For example Intel has been making 3D graphics chips for a long time, they just don't call it "GPU". In other words Intel does make what Nvidia makes. Also Nvidia does make what Intel makes..chipsets. Also he said that MS and Google don't make the same things when they actually do. Both make web browsers and MS is getting into the search engine business with Live Search. Google also makes various productivity programs and in the future they may even make a OS. Just small details.

Looks like Charlie's still convinced that Nvidia's working on something in x86 land. Or he's just stirring up shit a usual to rack up the hits. Would post the link if this iPhone could cut and paste...

Back