Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Teaser

I don't blame people for enjoying the movie, they have every right to, but turning your brain off isn't the problem. There's SOOOOO much garbage in between. If they had edited out most of the pointless crap, retarded jokes, and plot points that go nowhere, then yes, I can turn off my brain and enjoy robots and explosions. We have to suffer through tons of needless crap in order to get to the good stuff.

I can't see how someone can enjoy the G1 cartoons and not the movies. I saw the first season and a few episodes from the 2nd and 3rd seasons last week and the series was absurd even by children's cartoons standards. The franchise has always relied solely on wether you find transforming robots cool and nothing more(Except for Beast Wars and Beast Machines which were good as a whole, Mainframe produced good stuff back then).

Yeah, their chimpanzee-like facial features were a hoot. Only thing missing was maybe either one of them chompin' on some fried chicken or a slice of watermelon.

I don't think they were supposed to be black, rather white people trying to act black. Big difference... That's how they came off to me.

Really, the movie disappointed me. it was fun, but it was also a mess.
Megatron's resurrection scene was surprisingly flat. It was just sort of... there.

I can't see how someone can enjoy the G1 cartoons and not the movies. I saw the first season and a few episodes from the 2nd and 3rd seasons last week and the series was absurd even by children's cartoons standards. The franchise has always relied solely on wether you find transforming robots cool and nothing more(Except for Beast Wars and Beast Machines which were good as a whole, Mainframe produced good stuff back then).

The original cartoon didn't have dogs humping.

It didn't have Devastator testicles.

It didn't show you John Tuturro's ass.

The original cartoon also lasted only 20 minutes.

Dont read if you have not seen it since SPOILERS are everywhere in there.
After seeing the first in the theater I was only ever going to watch this one pirated and with the benefits of lots of fast forward ... so I don't mind.

We all paid for explosions and robot on robot violence. Nothing more.

The thing is though, that a Transformers 2 movie could have been made with the same robot fighting/explosions scenes and still maintain some logic in the rest of the film. I mean none of it makes any sense now NONE OF IT!, and that has to be a record of some sort :)

I still liked watching it and didn't even mind seeing Turturros ass :LOL:, but I'm beginning to think there must be something wrong with me...

Yeah, the problem with this summer's movies so far has been story/plot weakness. What's up with that anyway? Is there really a dearth of writing talent in Hollywood, or are movie studios just following the accountant's spreadsheets and nothing else?

Yeah, the problem with this summer's movies so far has been story/plot weakness. What's up with that anyway? Is there really a dearth of writing talent in Hollywood, or are movie studios just following the accountant's spreadsheets and nothing else?

Coincidence more than anything... Remember, non-brain dead summer flicks are the exception. Not every blockbuster type movie is a Dark Knight or an Iron Man.

hahhaahha that's perfect! I swear, if you try to sit there and figure stuff out, you'll hate the movie and yourself. We all paid for explosions and robot on robot violence. Nothing more.

Well sure, what "more" should there be in a transformers movie? Seriously, if you expected an oscar-candidate plot you were clearly in the wrong movie.

I can't see how someone can enjoy the G1 cartoons and not the movies.

Because we've grown up since then? If nothing else, at least the cartoon has some semi-plausible continuity and character designs that allow you to tell one giant robot from another. Besides which, the original Transformers comics actually had some quite decent plots (slithers of which made it into this movie) all things considered which could certainly show up this travesty of bad writing.

Had they condensed the movie down to about 10-15 minutes of the fight sequences that were actually worth watching, I would have left the cinema a lot happier.

O.M.G. OMG.

Greatest review. Ever.

I don't know how to say this, but after really enjoying the movie and now reading that FAQ review, I feel kind of retarded of enjoying this film so much. :oops:

:LOL:

Because we've grown up since then? If nothing else, at least the cartoon has some semi-plausible continuity and character designs that allow you to tell one giant robot from another.

Not necessarily. Go back and watch the cartoon again. It's utter nonsense. Regarding the character designs, the film actually sticks A LOT CLOSER to the comic (the best version) than the cartoon every did. On Cyberton the Transformers were fairly bland. Also, the amount of flack that Megatron got for turning into a "messy plane" in the first one was absolutely correct. If you can find the pre-Earth-stories in the comics, they all fly around as similarly shaped triangle "planes". Nothing like what they look like when they come to Earth.

I guess we all look the same to them too, you racist bast....:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Besides which, the original Transformers comics actually had some quite decent plots (slithers of which made it into this movie) all things considered which could certainly show up this travesty of bad writing.

*Some* of the comics did, *a lot* did not. Personally, I loved the Deathshead and the Gladiator stuff, but things like that are definitely not family related (yes, yes, I know, I wouldnt take a 12yr old to this either). The other stories I liked would have also had to have a much bigger budget.

Not necessarily. Go back and watch the cartoon again. It's utter nonsense.

From the second season onwards (and perhaps the movie aside, although that was basically just a Star Wars rip-off) yes, but I actually quite liked a fair chunk of the first season for at least the basis of its core storylines.

Of course, none of them could really have been translated into this movie thanks to the terrible job the first film did of making the Decepticons dull, lifeless villains. The same goes for most of the comic's better stories, they're simply incompatible with the shameful writing and characterisation of the new franchise.

Back